• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo opens "Nintendo Online Store" in 7 EU countries

kubus

CfR3z5HWAAIGy2k.jpg

Link

This came out of nowhere, right?

The English link goes to the already known Official Nintendo UK Store, but they've now also added France, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Italy and Portugal. No software or amiibo being offered on those stores yet though, only licensed merchandise.

edit: For clarification, the UK Nintendo Store already existed and sells games and amiibo, but since today a couple of other EU countries have also opened their own Online Nintendo Store, which DO NOT sell games / amiibo (yet?).

Neoxon

Looking at the store's site, it seems pretty extensive. I'm curious to see if North America will get something similar.

So, Nintendo of Europe is on the verge of realizing, that Europe doesn't start and end with the British isles and that there is a mainland that wants a part of the cake, too?

Hmm, i might go and get a lottery ticket, today miracles can happen.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
...the reason why they wont be offering physical goods on MyNintendo.

It looks like the site is struggling at the moment but in any case thanks for that :eek:

I can't believe it was not announced anywhere before ;o

tesla246

Nintendo has been pretty busy updating all their infrasctructure; I expect them to unify everything into one account system before the launch of NX console. It is finally happening; can't wait to buy physical games from their webstore instead of all the overpriced webshops/stores here on limited editions.

All in all, this is a good sign of things yet to come, me reckons; now carry on this momentum and disable region locking (I don't personally care, but others do)!

Jackano

Nintendo has been very busy recently. I see this as a good sign of things to come.
Yeah busy to change colors, launch ecommerce website, go mobile, try to save federation force, fire people...

Everything but what matter the most, getting someone including developers to know their next product.

Yeah busy to change colors, launch ecommerce website, go mobile, try to save federation force, fire people...

Everything but what matter the most, getting someone including developers to know their next product.

"OK guys, we have done a lot of work, but I can't stop thinking we forget something.."

N.Grim

UK special edition in Italy? Please

Oh, c'mon

Link_enfant

Aaaaaand please take my money. Seems like the site isn't fully functional yet, but that's very good news.
Does anyone know how's the apparel quality is?
I need this Game Boy shirt and those leggings!

Rafavert

Aaaaaand please take my money. Seems like the site isn't fully functional yet, but that's very good news.
Does anyone know how's the apparel quality is?
I need this Game Boy shirt and those leggings!

Wondering the same about the quality, especially regarding the wallets. Anyone got experience with rubber wallets?

Why doesn't the add to basket option work?!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Why no games, limited editions and so on? That's a pity! Buuuuut, it's a (significant, imho) step forward. looking for them to (hopefully) properly update it.

ash_ag

From Nintendo Account, to Nintendo Anime Channel, to Nintendo Online Store, the way Nintendo compresses their entire ecosystem of media is really nice. It feels like they are more involved and focused, somehow.

This one could effectively become a generalised Pokémon Center Online-esque site. Can't wait for Greece support to be added. Any time now!
Yes, I'm being sarcastic. :p

Top Bottom