• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo: Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom coming West on 8/26 (PS/XB/PC)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
CfbUyWyW4AAnFLN.jpg

Also coming to One and Steam

New trailer here

https://t.co/2KdZgbmhBh

Ah, seems they still haven't got the rights to the "Attack On Titan" name in Europe.

Still, the AOT abbreviation does seem to be a better solution than the Japanese name.

bigkrev

Surprised they are bringing the PS3 version over this late in the lifespan.
Will probably buy for Vita, and will cross fingers for a One Piece Musou 3 style price error for the Steam version as a double dip.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This actually looks a lot better than expected in terms of graphics. Some of the building destruction and animations for the Titans are kind of clunky and weird but I like that the ability to destroy the environment and cut Titans up is in there. This seems like it would have made a better several human vs one giant monster game than Evolve. You could have one person playing as the Armored, Beast or Massive Titan while other players are trying to stop them.

Ogawa-san

Not sure if serious
Will likely avoid the steam ver until i hear feedback on it
Worst that can happen is that it ends up no better than the PS4 version.

Despite the immense shitstorm around Kiwami's port, that's good enough for me.

18-Volt

Isn't the Vita version a technical mess?

It isn't a port job, it was developed separately from PS4 version. Runs and plays great, Vita version sold the most in Japan.

I might double dip though, I hear mission and story are quite different in Vita version.

PS4 physical for sure. Will get vita digital or wait for Asia EN version but still disappointed that this seemingly doesn't have the Sawano score.

Guymelef

Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom name isn't accurate.
This is how they have resolved the copyright name in Europe.
US:
YeEPizw.png

EU
wSymdrX.png

prudislav

amazing, didnt expect a Day-1 PC version.... so i bet steam version of Ni-Oh and Toukiden 2 is pretty much certain now :-D

I'm not a fan of the source material but I'm hoping it being a dynasty warriors
type game will at least keep me interested like Arslan did.

Tohsaka

Surprised they're localizing the PS3 version, I figured they were done with it in the west like most publishers.

MUnited83

For you.
Worst that can happen is that it ends up no better than the PS4 version.

Despite the immense shitstorm around Kiwami's port, that's good enough for me.

You never know, can always be a One Piece Pirate Warriors kind of deal where graphic settings don't work and you're stuck with Vita assets...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so is your character dependent on what level you're playing, or is there character select?

i'd like to play as lame-ass Eren as little as possible.

Marche90

Surprised they're localizing the PS3 version, I figured they were done with it in the west like most publishers.

Considering they skipped the PS3 versions of both Nights of Azure and Atelier Sophie, it does come as a big surprise from them

You never know, can always be a One Piece Pirate Warriors kind of deal where graphic settings don't work and you're stuck with Vita assets...

:")
Well, at least, they seem to get better these days. The last 2 ports were PS4 based.
We will know once the steam page is release. If it's DX9, out of the boat. If it's DX11; it's safe.

I'll pick up the ps4 version first and then later purchase the vita version on a sale (probably when down to $20 or less). I've seen some gameplay videos on youtube and the vita version looks rough :/

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
This most def is a must buy for fans of the series as its pretty awesome once you get used to the controls. For a first time attempt by Omega Force they really did a great job.

Top Bottom