• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank reviews

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Who thought releasing both Ratchet and Clank and Dark Souls 3 on the same day was a good idea?
How am I supposed to divide my time between these two games? I wish they were atleast one week apart :(

Ended up cancelling my pre order not cause i think the game will be bad but because im going to be pretty busy the next few weeks and i most likely wont be playinng any games during summer vacation. Ill be picking it up late May, hope the game does well

Trace

Banned
Who thought releasing both Ratchet and Clank and Dark Souls 3 on the same day was a good idea?
How am I supposed to divide my time between these two games? I wish they were atleast one week apart :(

Well Ratchet should only be like 10-12 hours long, so just play through that one first!

It's not, only in America, I have to wait until 22nd to receive my copy of R&C :p. Fits in nicely between DS3 and U4.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
These reviews from no-name sites that break embargo are usually the ones that are the most reliable.

/s

NDTV is not a no name site. It is a big media company in India.

Well Ratchet should only be like 10-12 hours long, so just play through that one first!

Yeah that is what I think I will do. The thing is I play games I am excited for almost immediately so that I dont risk getting spoiled. I have stayed dark( no pun intended ) on Dark Souls 3 for so long.. I guess I can avoid it for a few more hours until I finish Ratchet

It's not, only in America, I have to wait until 22nd to receive my copy of R&C :p. Fits in nicely between DS3 and U4.

You are lucky then ( if you are a Dark Souls 3 fan )

RPGam3r

Really don't think they're worried about the cross over demos that may exist here.

Ashtar

Ended up cancelling my pre order not cause i think the game will be bad but because im going to be pretty busy the next few weeks and i most likely wont be playinng any games during summer vacation. Ill be picking it up late May, hope the game does well
You've ruined Bc of that lost pre order ratchet and clank 2 is cancelled.
Anyway I'm all in April 12th gonna be tough between this and division incursions

Servbot24

Banned

You know they'll both still exist for long after their release dates. As long as you're alive, in all likelihood. :p

Review based on the game based on the movie based on the original

sftmsa0f.jpg

I'm buying R&C and have no interest in Dark Souls III. Souls games are not Fallout, COD, GTA or Red Dead Redemption where other games should run away from them. Both games will do fine.

On topic I see 85 or above for this game. It's gonna surprise a lot of people with the scores and sales.

I'm gonna guess its most likely gonna be in the 70-80's. Most of the other main titles got around that score so unless they made the game braindead easy and the story is bad then it should be fine.

Trace

Banned
This Ratchet game is basically the first one but with more levels, bosses and weapons, correct?

Pretty much, except it also brings all the new mechanics they developed in the later titles as well. Don't need to equip the swingshot to use it, leveling guns, raritanium upgrades, that sort of stuff.

I'm gonna guess its most likely gonna be in the 70-80's. Most of the other main titles got around that score so unless they made the game braindead easy and the story is bad then it should be fine.

Metacritic Scores-
Ratchet 1: 88

Ratchet 2: 90

Ratchet 3: 91

Ratchet Future Tools: 89

Ratchet Future Crack: 87

Since this is the first mainline games since A Crack in Time I'd be shocked at anything approaching a 70. Everything from the game screams 85-90 to me.

This Ratchet game is basically the first one but with more levels, bosses and weapons, correct?
We ended up with a new game, with elements based on the original — but now with modern controls, several new planets, new and updated gameplay segments, all-new Clank gameplay, all new boss fights, new flight sequences, and more… all constructed to take advantage of the graphical prowess of PS4. Throw in James Arnold Taylor as Ratchet, and you have a new beginning.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/10/ratchet-clank-on-ps4-where-past-and-future-meet/

Unfortunately I'm passing over R&C at launch, for two reasons:

1) It's launching too close to Uncharted 4, and I neither have the time nor the budget to buy and play new releases like I used to. Thus, sadly, R&C loses out in this situation.

2) I bought Tearaway Unfolded on day one for £35, and within about six weeks the price was in freefall. I suspect the same thing is going to happen here, so to be quite honest although I'd like to support Sony and Insomniac I'm prepared to wait for a price drop.

Lingitiz

Pretty much, except it also brings all the new mechanics they developed in the later titles as well. Don't need to equip the swingshot to use it, leveling guns, raritanium upgrades, that sort of stuff.

Metacritic Scores-
Ratchet 1: 88

Ratchet 2: 90

Ratchet 3: 91

Ratchet Future Tools: 89

Ratchet Future Crack: 87

Since this is the first mainline games since A Crack in Time I'd be shocked at anything approaching a 70. Everything from the game screams 85-90 to me.
Reviewers are a lot harsher these days. I doubt it scores that high but low 80's is doable and admirable. Also have to keep in mind that there have been a crazy about of Ratchet games since the last mainline entry, a lot of questionable quality that may have poisoned the well. Curious to see how this reboot is received.

This game looks great but I can see it getting dinged for not really having a hook. It looks like a very solid Ratchet game but nothing we haven't already seen.

Top Bottom