• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Technomancer - gameplay trailer (PC/PS4/X1/)

remz

The staff looks goofy as hell. like a big ass fluro light but not awesome like NMH's fluro katana

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Like their other games it'll probably be a janky as fuck euro RPG which I'll enjoy the shit out of.

lcap

Yep, that's Spiders right there.

I like that they settled on a footprint for their games and keep improving. I quite enjoyed Bound by Flame and think I'll enjoy this one as well.

Nice big ol' Skill tree!
Creature design is spot on!
I like the look of the locations.

I think the games looking really cool.

The combat needs to flow more, stop...start...stop...start...

Looks like a hell of an upgrade on Mars: War Logs and I've loved all of Focus' eurojank so far!

Ricker

I enjoyed Mars War Log and Bound By Flame(except for the last Boss in that one,man),even though they had that low budget,brownish look to them and combat was fine for the most part,so I am looking forward to this one,seems like they upped the production value on top of it as well.

Luigiv

Oh that's not what I was expecting from a title such as Technomancer. I blame crypt of the Necrodancer for this clash of perception. Needs more Techno.

Gothos

Best trailer for the game yet, imho. Definetely on my radar, hopefuly they are still working on animation/combat flow.

Texhnomancer? :D

Yep, that's a pretty dope gameplay trailer. Combat feels like a combination of Batman & Witcher 3. The setting and theme are pretty unique as well. I'm in!

Phinor

Still looks a bit rough but lately they've had some great ideas. To me this developer is one of those who learn with every game they make and will eventually create something truly great.

I hated Bound by Flame but this actually looks great, much better animations and frame rate. I like the look of the combat. I just hope the voice acting is good.

Mars War logs was their best title imo so seeing more into that world is great as far as I'm concerned.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Looks pretty good. Like one of those solid "B-tier" games we used to get before everything was either AAA or low-budget indie*.

*Some hyperbole may be in place.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I enjoyed Bound By Flame despite the jank and some unfair combat scenarios. In fact I really enjoyed the fact that they didn't alter NPC reactions to your characters decisions based on gender so the big burly manly man who slaps you on the back for being a lush and hitting on women as a dude will do it as well without missing a beat if you play as female. It was most likely a budgetary constraint that they couldn't record two sets of lines of dialogue.

Desi

Like their other games it'll probably be a janky as fuck euro RPG which I'll enjoy the shit out of.

This. I own their whole catalog and I just keep on buying. Can't wait for Technomancer as the whole they setup in Mars: War Logs was interesting.

Just wish they would go back and refine the battle system they started with "Of Orcs and Men" & "Game of Thrones."

Lime

Reminds me off Brink and Mindjack and all those forgettable brown sci-fi shooters.

I like that they put in a character creator though.

thelastword

Banned
Those animations...phewww.. and that facial texture quality...This looks so much like Mars War Logs, it's not even funny.

Really like the look of this game. Also have enjoyed the companies other games quite a bit even if lower budget. Not all games need to have that triple A sauce dripping from their crevices for me to enjoy it.

lunchtoast

I enjoyed the 1st episode of Mars Logs and what I played of Bound. Looks like a nice gem to discover during a PSN sale.

pablito

This actually looks alright. Combat isn't as crisp as other games but if the rest is good I'll be alright. I dig the setting.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Jeepers thats quite a lot of character customisation and build options, really like the player choice and stealth too.

Day One barring any unforeseen revelations before launch.

wildbite

So then it comes out the same day as No Man's Sky? I wish it came out in May which would be something to keep me distracted while I wait for E3 and a week later for NMS. You'd think they would be worried about getting overshadowed.

Top Bottom