• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bigben Interactive acquires Spiders Games

Mista

Banned
Bigben-Spiders_07-24-19.jpg

Bigben Interactive has announced the acquisition of Spiders Games, the studio behind the upcoming GreedFall and the previously released titles Mars: War Logs, Bound by Flame, and The Technomancer.

According to Bigben Interactive, Spiders Games will integrate into its gaming business unit and “leverage the commercial and marketing strength of an established publisher to increase the distribution of its games and benefit from the emulation generated by belonging to a group of talented studios.” The studio will continue to be lead by current CEO and co-founder Jehanne Rousseau.

“This acquisition fits perfectly with Bigben’s strategy to increase its know-how in the development of video games in the AA strategic segment,” said Bigben Interactive chairman and CEO Alain Falc in a press release. “We are delighted to welcome the talents of Spiders who will strengthen our Development unit and participate in new and even more ambitious projects.”

Rousseau added, “We look forward to joining the Bigben Group, a reference player in the video games industry whose strategic vision we fully share. Becoming part of the Bigben Group is a unique opportunity to accelerate our development alongside other quality studios, by integrating an environment conducive to the creation of ever more qualitative games.”

Gematsu

wingsfan242

Gameumentary Film Editor
Greedfall is looking really good. Their gameplay mechanics in past games have left a lot to be desired, but narratives and world building is quite great. Curious to see how this one is received.

Bigben is positioning itself to be a big player in the AA space alongside THQNordic / Focus Home I believe.

Lucumo

Bigben Interactive is a French publisher (mostly sports games and irrelevant stuff, except for an upcoming Vampire: The Masquerade game and a Testdrive Unlimited sequel) and Spiders Games is a French developer (just some smaller multiplatform games).

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I liked Technomancer. It was engaging. Not the best game but a good bang for the buck. AA games are great but its hard to know which ones are worth it. Hopefully Greedfall will be good.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
GreedFall looks like an AA version of The Witcher III to me so im hoping that it turns out good.

bati

Good get. Mars: War Logs and Technomancer are very solid AA RPGs with strong Riddick vibes. Recommended.

DiscoJer

Bigben is one of those companies, like THQ Nordic, that basically makes crap no one cares about, yet seems to have money to buy other companies/IP.

And I also don't get why they are French and call themselves Bigben. That's like a British Company calling themselves Eiffel Tower

Zephir

Bigben Interactive has announced the acquisition of Spiders Games, the studio behind the upcoming GreedFall and the previously released titles Mars: War Logs, Bound by Flame, and The Technomancer.

tiduslaugh.midi (it doesn't deserve mp3 quality)

Good for them I guess, we'll see if their games will improve from now on

Top Bottom