• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 - High-res Screens and Artwork from the Campaign

Wagram

That skinless like creature screams bullshot. They are PC screens though so not surprising. Looks dope though.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Fixed for ya.
No thanks. The devolpers haven't done anything of that nature yet, their previous screenshots for Gears Ultimate were captured from the Xbox One, not downsampled from the PC version.
Unless they said this is PC, I'll trust them for now.

I still have hope for the Single Campaign portion..

I completely lost hope with the multiplayer after playing the Beta. I felt like I already played this game for years. Nothing New at all..

I still have hope for the Single Campaign portion..

I completely lost hope with the multiplayer after playing the Beta. I felt like I already played this game for years. Nothing New at all..
There's plenty new but the maps are terrrrrrible and the new game play additions aren't that big a deal.

Terrible maps.

CD'S BAR

This looks good. Nice changes to the character designs. Environments are cool. Would get if i had an Xbone.

Peterthumpa

No thanks. The devolpers haven't done anything of that nature yet, their previous screenshots for Gears Ultimate were captured from the Xbox One, not downsampled from the PC version.
Unless they said this is PC, I'll trust them for now.

Well, never got to play Gears Ultimate on the Xbox One, hope you're right though.
Is Ultimate using UE4?

Peterthumpa

Why are people saying these are PC bullshots?
I'm seeing jaggies and artifacts.
Well, I can see jaggies and artifacts in 4k PC screenshots if I look for them.
The fact here is that these images are too good to be coming from the Xbox One.

EDIT: hope I'm wrong though.

There's plenty new but the maps are terrrrrrible and the new game play additions aren't that big a deal.

Terrible maps.

this is my biggest worry right now. if they can't show us at least one decent map in the beta I have a suspicion that we wont see very many good original maps from this studio. well, at least they have a big list of Epic made maps to chose from.

Didnt she already looked like that in the gameplay reveal?

Your talking about Kait. This is Reyna:

r05M5Tx.jpg

etta

my hard graphic balls
Well, never got to play Gears Ultimate on the Xbox One, hope you're right though.
Is Ultimate using UE4?
UE3.

Well, I can see jaggies and artifacts in 4k PC screenshots if I look for them.
The fact here is that these images are too good to be coming from the Xbox One.
Well sure, but these look like regular 1080p with decent amounts of jaggies and artifacts to me. It doesn't look smooth enough to be downsampled.
Oh well, developers said their visuals will wow people, so that's why I assumed they'd capture Xbox One screenshots, to further prove their confidence.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Looking good. Replaying the trilogy now and re falling in love with it. Hope The Coalition does it justice.

this is my biggest worry right now. if they can't show us at least one decent map in the beta I have a suspicion that we wont see very many good original maps from this studio. well, at least they have a big list of Epic made maps to chose from.

Agreed. Played the beta with a friend and we started talking about all the great maps from 2 and 3. And the beta gives us, basically, Gridlock X 3.

G_Berry

Banned
Why are people saying these are PC bullshots?
I'm seeing jaggies and artifacts.
Because some people like to poo poo and can't believe for a second that the poor old bone is capable of having some good looking games. Not saying these are direct caps or anything but you know.

Top Bottom