• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCE Western Concept Art

No idea if it's dead, alive or ugly.

z6BQpou.jpg

elxX2TA.jpg

c1uIZqv.jpg

Same artist has done some work on the Luge game from Sony London.

P2C7d3p.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/nzKna

Credit to @Nerdleaks on Twitter.

AAK

There was a time where I'd eat up every single post apocalyptic piece of fiction... I'm kinda reaching a breaking point in oversaturation. But I'm still happy there's a big budget new IP in production. Here's to hoping there's a lot of novelty within the gameplay.

Abriael

Banned
The concept art on the train makes me think of another VR project. Probably on-rail shooter.

Now imagine that train crash in VR.

PS: Dead Don't Ride has motorbikes, not horses, according to Shinobi. Not a western.

Plum

Looks like Train Simulator: Wild West Edition. An arcadey game based around Western-style train robberies would be amazing.

It should be noted, I pulled the Luge Concept Art up just to show he has worked on actual Sony games. He also had work from Sunset Overdrive on his website, so the guy is probably part of Massive Black or a similar concept art outsourcing team.

I'm just saying, it lends credence to it, maybe I shouldn't have drawn an unecessary comparison with the VR game.

Frosta

Banned
It should be noted, I pulled the Luge Concept Art up just to show he has worked on actual Sony games. He also had work from Sunset Overdrive on his website, so the guy is probably part of Massive Black or a similar concept art outsourcing team.

I'm just saying, it lends credence to it, maybe I shouldn't have drawn an unecessary comparison with the VR game.
No I think it's fine, lol I just somehow missed the text between the first 3 images and the last so I was confused. I'm sure others won't make that mistake.

Raven117

The Western genre has really yet to be fully tapped in video games....

Sure there are a few, but the "Western" as a genre really has a lot to offer video games....and weird spins on it (Steampunk, Hell, Evil, or just the flavor of a Western) is enough theme and atmosphere to carry a video game.

I still think a "Western" type video game set in Africa (think the Ghost and the Darkness meets heart of darkness), could be insanely good.

Floody

c1uIZqv.jpg

Looks like it's a VR game by this (and that the artist has worked on an other VR game?), which would be pretty cool, but I hope it's not and is a AAA western game, because we could do with a few more of those.

Please be "Dead Dont Ride"

The name actually sounds great if it's for a Western game like this.

Also, riding on that Red Dead wave of interest and beating R* to the punch would put a lot of eyes on this game. That derailed train picture looks absolutely breathtaking.

Top Bottom