• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Space Hulk Deathwing Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kub5vOaT0V8

Looks pretty decent.

y5perpSo11mUg.gif

cV00gYBr9VzQQ.gif

VpuU92KCCygE.gif

Lock if old.

This looks great. I love the idea of it being a more tactical FPS. The slow heavy movements really give a sense of weight on the character. I hope this turns out great because I think the 40k Universe is really perfect for videogames. Space Marine was one of my favorite games last gen.

grendelrt

Really can't wait for this! Between this and Battlefleet Gothic it looks like we are starting to get some good WH40K licensed games again. Now Relic just needs to announce DoW3.

Klyka

Banned
Holy shit I had not idea this was being made!

First Battlefleet Gothic: Armada and now this! Absolutely awesome, I'll get this day 1

Keasar

Can hear its the same marketing department as for Battlefleet Gothic, same voice over guy. :p

Hopefully it's as good as Battlefleet Gothic turned out to be. I also hope they consider adding more enemies if the game does well like Vermintide. Chaos or Orks would go well with the space hulk theme (they are just not featured in the board game).

I don't know if I will be happy or disappointed if it ends up lacking E.Y.E's jank.

Either way, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Never even heard of this. It looks great. I loved the 40k action game that came out a few years back, and this looks nothing like that, but it definitely got me interested in the universe.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Can I say how glad I am Games Workshop decided to stop being so damn uptight with their IPs and have been letting so many different studios release all kinds of different kinds of games in all sorts of genres. We are getting some great games out of the Warhammer and 40K IPs from Vermintide and Total Warhamer and now this game.

Graphically it looks solid as hell and the gameplay looks like what I would want from a Space Hulk game. Slower paced, meatier, claustrophobic and intense! Really hoping this turns out good as this preview looks great.

Now the real question is when we get a new Dawn of War game.

grendelrt

Never even heard of this. It looks great. I loved the 40k action game that came out a few years back, and this looks nothing like that, but it definitely got me interested in the universe.

Space Marine was so good. The multiplayer was a lot of fun too. Sucks we will never see a sequel.

finalflame

How's Vermintide these days? Still active? I totally forgot about it as I didn't have a PC when it came out, but I love high fantasy Warhammer.

Sophia

Definitely similar thematically to Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels. Except with a bigger focus on the first person shooter parts. Which is good, as that game was pretty fun.

Looks awesome, I'm in. Been itching for some more Warhammer co-op since playing Vermintide. It seems like there's a lot more customization in this and those stages look huge, so it may have more replayability than it, which would be sweet.

I would totally play this!
Warhammer 40K is one of those things that I relatively don't know much about, but dig the hell out of it anyway.

Adam Blue

I would totally play this!
Warhammer 40K is one of those things that I relatively don't know much about, but dig the hell out of it anyway.

Same...I play most of the games all the way through (RTS, action, strat, whatever) but never explore this stuff outside video games.

Hastati

Definitely similar thematically to Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels. Except with a bigger focus on the first person shooter parts. Which is good, as that game was pretty fun.
I didn't realize there was a Blood Angels game....I love the Blood Angels.

This game looks incredibly awesome.

I always liked the aesthetic of Warhammer 40k but I dont play tabletop games. This looks like it could be pretty good. Almost like a L4D via Warhammer.

MiguelItUp

God FINALLY in-game video. I was looking forward to this for what feels like forever. I was hoping it'd play out like a Republic Commando or Vermintide, and it kinda looks that way. I love everything about it thus far, definitely on the right track IMO.

Alexious

Can I say how glad I am Games Workshop decided to stop being so damn uptight with their IPs and have been letting so many different studios release all kinds of different kinds of games in all sorts of genres. We are getting some great games out of the Warhammer and 40K IPs from Vermintide and Total Warhamer and now this game.

Graphically it looks solid as hell and the gameplay looks like what I would want from a Space Hulk game. Slower paced, meatier, claustrophobic and intense! Really hoping this turns out good as this preview looks great.

Now the real question is when we get a new Dawn of War game.

Now we only need to get Marvel and DC to do the same.

Top Bottom