• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 6: Spirit Of Justice coming this September to NA/EU, digital-only

Nibel

Trailer

PR

SAN FRANCISCO — May 11, 2016 — Today, Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, has confirmed that the much-anticipated next installment in the Ace Attorney® courtroom drama series will make its way to North America and Europe as Phoenix Wright®: Ace Attorney® – Spirit of Justice. This narrative adventure stars beloved defense attorneys Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice and sees the return of many familiar faces alongside some interesting new additions. The title will be released as a digital download in the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems in North America and Europe in September this year at an MSRP of $29.99 / £24.99 / €29.99.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice sees Phoenix in a brand new location: a courtroom situated in the Kingdom of Khura’in, origin of the Kurain Channeling Technique, where mysterious séance trials decide the fate of all defendants. Brand new to the series is the Divination Séance gameplay mechanic that allows the player to revisit the last moments of a victim’s life. Players must fight to unravel the discrepancies and contradictions between the Royal Priestess’s Insight and what is shown in the séance. Meanwhile, defense attorney Apollo Justice faces his own challenges holding down the fort at the Wright Anything Agency, as he takes on a case that will have explosive implications. Both our heroes are joined by a host of returning friends and adversaries in their fight to bring about justice.

The new game is filled with puzzling cases to solve using popular investigative techniques from previous installments. More details on gameplay features will be revealed in the coming months, so stay tuned!

This looks really weird, wacky and Japanse. Looking forward to how they are going to westernize it in the translation.

What happend to that Victorian Era/Sherlock Holmes type Ace Attorney? Did that ever come out in the west?

JordanKZ

This looks really weird, wacky and Japanse. Looking forward to how they are going to westernize it in the translation.

What happend to that Victorian Era/Sherlock Holmes type Ace Attorney? Did that ever come out in the west?

The Great Ace Attorney is likely to never, ever be released outside of Japan. Which is a real god damn shame.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
That earlier than expected - many so many 3DS games i need to get this year. Hope i will find enough time for them.

Litri

Yeah! Bought the trilogy released on the eshop last year and thoroughly enjoyed the games. This will be a day one for me at that price.

Kneefoil

[...] This narrative adventure stars beloved defense attorneys Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice [...]
Athena gets sidelined, huh?

Glad to get a release date, err, I mean, a release month. Looking forward to it. A shame that it's digital only, but that was to be expected.

I'm still more interested in The Great Ace Attorney, but I'm not so positive about it ever coming to Europe.

Clov

Disappointed that it's digital only once again, since I think there's definitely a big audience that would be willing to buy it physically. Still, I can't turn down an Ace Attorney game; I bought AA5 digitally, and I'll just have to get this one digitally too.

Haven't played the Ace Attorney series at all, but this new game is a great announcement. This has made the year even better for a lot of folks.

flohen95

Digital only is a disgrace, but not a surprise.

I'll probably have to get a Japanese copy for my collection again. A shame, but at least I was prepared for this.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Save us Limited Run Games.
With your help, Capcom will stop being morons.

Mugen08

Still love the series but do miss the pixel-art. Will dust of my 3DSXL for this. Awful voices in trailer but I guess game will be text only as usual. I still have the DLC case for AA5 and most of Investigations 2 on DS to play as well.

LNBL

ITmmzR.gif

gerudoman

Great news, I didn't expect it to be released so soon. I wasn't expecting a spanish localization or a physical version, at least they aren't going to make us wait a long time.

MegaMelon

Excellent. This, Monster Hunter Generations and SMTIV Apocalypse were the 3 games I really wanted localised this year. Now if only we had a European release for SMTIV Apocalypse my life would be complete.

random25

Finally! As long as it's coming I'm fine with it.

Maybe with great sales they'll consider Great Ace Attorney in the near future. Capcompls.

Glad that Ace Attorney 6 is coming but I really hate this digital only releases. I can understand this if it was also for mobile (which I wouldn't be surprised to see) or PC (seriously CAPCPOM bring the damn series to PC already) but to not support one of your popular franchises with a physical release boggles the mind.

wrowa

The clean look of the trailer just makes me want to wait for the inevitable smartphone port. :p

I checked the progress of the fan translation patch for Great Ace Attorney

welp, playing this first, I guess

I didn't even know that people work on a fan translation. Hopefully they'll end up finishing it some time in the future - I really want to plat that one. More so than this one, to be honest.

Petrae

I'll be skipping this because it's digital-only and refuse to pay $30 for a digital game. That said, good for those who will buy the game regardless.

wrowa

I'll be skipping this because it's digital-only and refuse to pay $30 for a digital game. That said, good for those who will buy the game regardless.

If the other 3DS Ace Attorney's are any indication, this will go on sale plenty of times anyway.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Save us Limited Run Games.
With your help, Capcom will stop being morons.

I see this going around and...why would Capcom turn to a company to make a run of physical products when they definitely have the means to do so themselves but obviously choose not to?

Top Bottom