• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In Russia, Nintendo DS buys you!

Tadaima

29th September 2006 - Nintendo¹'s international distributor roster continues
to grow as Nintendo of Europe appoints ND Videogames in Russia to act as the
exclusive and official distributor of Nintendo products for the Russian
market, effective immediately.

"We are very pleased with the appointment of ND Videogames as official
distributor of Nintendo products in Russia. This is a huge and exciting
market and we are looking forward to this being a key growth area for us,"
said Laurent Fischer, Marketing Director, Nintendo of Europe.

ND Videogames is an independent subsidiary created by Noviy Disk, one of the
leading publishers in the Russian media market.

ND Videogames will concentrate on delivering world-class services to the
Russian customer including the ever growing and up-to-date line of Nintendo
products, official warranty for all hardware and software items sold by ND
Videogames, localization and marketing support for trade. In the near future
ND Videogames will introduce and support the growing range of Touch!
Generations software for the popular Nintendo DS along with the promotion of
Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite in Russia
. The Touch! Generations software
range, developed by Nintendo, will appeal to all age groups, irrespective of
age or gaming ability.

ND Videogames will also be the sole importer and official distributor of
Nintendo's new home console, Wii, in Russia.

This newly created distributor will use an intensive web campaign as a part
of a major marketing push for Nintendo presence in the territory of the
Russian Federation. Their official site for Nintendo (www.nintendo.ru) will see a decisive revamp shortly.

Noviy Disk¹s Nintendo launch event will be held in Moscow, Russia this
Friday, September 29th, 2006.

:eek:

bycha

ND's handlin of last gen N's systems was laughable. Though I was suprised that Wii actually appeared as pre-order item in oline shops.

Russia is pirateland AND emerging Sonyland. Sony finally understood the potential and doin lotso work to conquer and grow the market here. Sony Experience + OPS2 + marketing == PS2 is growin each day in Russia and PSP is doin very much ok. A lot of ppl I know bought it there and they never owned portable. U can buy it from more and more places there.
Still Sony's progress is plagued by relatively high prices for softwere and low income of most people.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
bycha said:
ND's handlin of last gen N's systems was laughable. Though I was suprised that Wii actually appeared as pre-order item in oline shops.

Russia is pirateland AND emerging Sonyland. Sony finally understood the potential and doin lotso work to conquer and grow the market here. Sony Experience + OPS2 + marketing == PS2 is growin each day in Russia and PSP is doin very much ok. A lot of ppl I know bought it there and they never owned portable. U can buy it from more and more places there.
Still Sony's progress is plagued by relatively high prices for softwere and low income of most people.

Perhaps an anecdotal evidence that Sony is pushing the PSP there? Killzone Liberation has Russian subtitles as well as a Russian dub. I was initially surprised since my first thought was: "Russians buy games?"

Tadaima

bycha said:

I fink u r underestimeting da potentiel of da new Nintendo.

Tempy said:
It's Pirate Land. YAAAARRRR

It is actually Sony land as far as consoles are concerned. SCE has an official presence there and they strictly inforced anti-piracy laws on PS2 games years ago. My nephew lives in Moscow and he tells me you can't buy pirated PS2 games anywhere there anymore.

Good job on Nintendo's part to start officially distributing games there.

bycha

E-phonk said:
Afaik about eastern europe, it's 80% PC land, and to a smaller degree sony land.

Well, that's totally right. It is PC LAND with 300M official market growing 25% each year. PC gamin have huge roots in here. It was pirateland and people mostly bought pc's not for gamin but tried free pcgamin and loved it or so much. Then publishers came and they now fight piracy for 10 years. New PC games are sold mostly in jewels -- $4-10 for new localized games. Yes, 300M market with this prices and still piracy issues. Top pc titles can make 1M copies there alone.

Console wise -- it is Sonyland. Sony is takin new territories and that's really advantage of being market leader.

I'm sure Wii will do much better then Cube here, but if N really want it's consoles to start of it ll have to make whole another push.

Yes, ppl just take PSP into their hands and it's irresistible. Functionality is also a huge reason, so from sales i wouldnt say much ppl really care about gameplay.

(I will import DS Lite :) -- yes import cauze it's almost $200 in Russia )

Naked Snake said:
It is actually Sony land as far as consoles are concerned. SCE has an official presence there and they strictly inforced anti-piracy laws on PS2 games years ago. My nephew lives in Moscow and he tells me you can't buy pirated PS2 games anywhere there anymore.

Good job on Nintendo's part to start officially distributing games there.

Well, you can ) but it's much harder now.

Top Bottom