• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's 2 million unit Monster Hunter game for this fiscal year isn't MH: Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Feel free to place your bests on Monster Hunter X G or otherwise.

capcommonsterhunter5rjit.png

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2015/full/explanation_2015_full_05.pdf

Vena

My bet is G, only way it's making 2 mil if Japan only, or Frontier 2 finally coming out WW with some lofty expectations

Something something Vita something something

Makes me wonder tho if one of the other titles being Deep Down would mean them mentioning that as such.

Eolz

Didn't expected a new thread, but I see two possibilities, both seemingly not close to predictions:

- Frontier 2, via packages and microtransactions. It's likely not F2P, like Frontier 1, so would count.
Predictions seem too high though, even if it was Ps4/X1/NX/PC in several regions.

- XG, like 3G before. For NX launch, 3ds version as well, could be WW for the former.
Predictions seem too low in this case, but who knows.

Ridley327

I can't imagine it being anything other than MHXG, which makes the western localization of the vanilla game pretty interesting.

Maxinas

Is it possible to see a monster hunter title for the NX? Could be released before NX launch date, so might not be it, but would be interesting

Vena

Frontier 2 doesn't seem like the kind of game that would have 2m boxed copy sales forecasted

See my edit. Also not much else to humor as an option. If the figures are Japan only, nothing can make that figure bu Generations G. I doubt a global launch has been hidden for anything else for so long also.

Ridley327

Is it possible to see a monster hunter title for the NX? Could be released before NX launch date, so might not be it, but would be interesting

It seems pretty likely that MH5 is NX-bound, but it's probably going to be a bit before it happens, especially with a lot of the available resources being put into MH Stories right now.

With the amount of content already in MHX, there's probably not much need to go all out with new monsters, and they'd probably be just as well converting a few more classics instead.

Oersted

Deeke[VRZ];203822184 said:
Is there any possibility of a new NX Monster Hunter game?

Of course, but this title won't be a NX one, given that the console will released at March 2017.

Its either 3DS or PS4

I can't imagine it being anything other than MHXG, which makes the western localization of the vanilla game pretty interesting.

That was my first thought. Why bother localizing the vanilla version this time if XG is right around the corner? Maybe it's something that isn't on 3DS, hence the lowish projections?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If it were for NX, unless they hoped to have something like a 100% attach rate, I don't think they could feasibly hit 2 million units in March given that's when their fiscal year ends.

Unless you meant "also for NX", at which point, sure.

Ridley327

That was my first thought. Why bother localizing the vanilla version this time if XG is right around the corner? Maybe it's something that isn't on 3DS, hence the lowish projections?

I was thinking more on the western perspective than anything else. We haven't gotten a vanilla version of a game since Tri, but that was back when the sales of the game in the west were still on shaky ground. Now that MH4U is an unqualified success, Capcom might be emboldened to bring over both vanilla and G/U installments from now on.

Vena

Those are normal projections for a G version, but too high for a Japan-only non-3DS release.

jbug617

Banned
Last year there was rumor of Monster Hunter Frontier 2 is in development for PS4 and PC
http://gematsu.com/2015/03/rumor-monster-hunter-frontier-online-2-in-development-for-ps4-pc
According to a Japanese translation of their article (forgive me, dear readers, my Asian language abilities start and stop at Japanese exclusively), Inven has been following the story for a little over a year and in addition to target platforms, it’s believed that the game is set for release as early as 2016 (although the Japanese translation indicates that it could shift to a later time frame).

It is believed that the game is being developed in Unreal Engine 4, and that the target market is currently Japan, with other regions potentially being added later. The game is thought to be one of two “main projects” being worked on at Capcom Korea, the development team for Monster Hunter Frontier Online 2 allegedly including veterans from NCSOFT.

Lending apparent credence to the rumor are a series of job postings on Capcom Korea’s site, including one asking for a “client/server programmer“. A reference to “the next Monster Hunter game” was also apparently included at least at one point, though, again, given the Gematsu staff’s lack of Korean fluency, that information can’t be confirmed or denied at this time. We can note, however, that the first three job listings present as of this writing are all related to the Monster Hunter franchise in different capacities.

If it were for NX, unless they hoped to have something like a 100% attach rate, I don't think they could feasibly hit 2 million units in March given that's when their fiscal year ends.

Unless you meant "also for NX", at which point, sure.

Except 3DS, I don't see which platform they hope to sell 2 millions MH titles in Japan.

tuffy

A MHX:G seemed like an easy way to pad out the 2016 schedule in preparation for MH5 on Nintendo's next portable later. But after Generations was announced to be localized, I'd assumed that meant a G version wasn't coming for MHX. So perhaps it's happening after all?

Oregano

Except 3DS, I don't see which platform they hope to sell 2 millions MH titles in Japan.

Yeah even if your confident about the prospect of western sales it would suggest a global launch which would be uncharacteristic.

I'm going to go for Monster Hunter XG for PS4
and 3DS and NX

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

They're hoping for 3.4 million total sales in Japan this year on that note.

So if we write down 2 million for Monster Hunter X G, that'd give us maybe 500K for Resident Evil 7 (a 50% decline game over game), 500K for Monster Hunter Stories (they're presumably hoping for at least this much?), 300K for Ace Attorney 6 (maybe too much given decline?), and 100K for all back catalog games and every other title released in the year.

...Even with pretty low expectations, this seems like a notably conservative estimate set if we assume it's Japan only.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What was their expectation for last year's "unnamed Monster Hunter title", which later turned out to be Monster Hunter Cross / Generations? Can't remember right now.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It has to be XG.

Which doesn't particularly make me happy... Unless Capcom quickly confirms it's also coming Westward just like they did with 4G.

I was thinking more on the western perspective than anything else. We haven't gotten a vanilla version of a game since Tri, but that was back when the sales of the game in the west were still on shaky ground. Now that MH4U is an unqualified success, Capcom might be emboldened to bring over both vanilla and G/U installments from now on.

I feel like announcing XG before or soon after Generations releases in US/EU is dumb, but who knows?

Those are normal projections for a G version, but too high for a Japan-only non-3DS release.

I see. Seems like XG on 3DS unless they plan to seed something else for a MH5 on a different platform(s).

Kyoufu

Don't see it being XG since they went ahead and localised X already unless they intend on pissing off the MH community in the west.

Don't see it being XG since they went ahead and localised X already unless they intend on pissing off the MH community in the west.

Lol what? X comes out here on july 15th/17th or something

And they dont care about pissing us off

I just dont want another 3DS title or im gonna rage

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

sense

I guess XG would be easy money at this stage while they keep working on the next mainline game.i would hazard to guess sony systems will be involved this time around but let's see what happens

It's most likely another 3DS game if it's coming out by March 2017. NX won't have enough installed bases to generate 2m sales at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom