• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix's E3 2016 plans detailed (part 1)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Source: http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/road-e3-2016-part-1

Livestream:
- They're doing a "Square Enix Presents" livestream again this year. This is not a conference, but it's like the livestream where they interviewed Nomura and etc last year.

Playable Demos:
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Hitman (Episode 3)
- Just Cause 3 (New DLC)
- Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
- I Am Setsuna
- The Turing Test
- Black The Fall
- Purportedly others coming as per the below

Part 2 announcements:

We've got some other exciting demos lined up on the show floor, but we'll save those updates for our Road To E3 Part 2 blog, which will feature some exciting Tomb Raider news and details on a few new games that our team has been hard at work on.

benzy

2.8 not playable? Huh.

They haven't announced all playable games so there's a chance. Tabata also wanted to have FFXV playable at E3 as well.

"We've got some other exciting demos lined up on the show floor, but we'll save those updates for our Road To E3 Part 2 blog"

Nothing new playable from FF15? Would've liked to seen another large landmass explorable before launch.

I feel like they'd rather focus all efforts to actually getting the game out, especially when they already released 2 demos. And I doubt having Duscae there would interest anybody.

Scrawnton

I feel like they'd rather focus all efforts to actually getting the game out, especially when they already released 2 demos. And I doubt having Duscae there would interest anybody.

hopefully they focus on fixing the resolution and framerate, or at least reveal the real version is meant to be played on PS4 Neo because the tech in the platinum demo was a joke.

I'm expecting them also on the Sony stage for something. Either FFXV, VII Remaster, or Kingdom Hearts 3 will probably be up there

So no conference, but a livestream? Totally fine with that.

I'm expecting them also on the Sony stage for something. Either FFXV, VII Remaster, or Kingdom Hearts 3 will probably be up there

Wouldn't surprise me. FFVII and World of Final Fantasy (hope we get to see more on that - my personal anticipated sleeper game) were both announced at the Sony conference last year.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
so the BLOG will announce new games and the TR news? or the BLOG will announce that new games and TR news will be at E3?

I'm guessing they plan to announce several games between now and the next blog post.

Like if they have Lara Croft Go 2 or whatever, they'll probably get announced on IGN and then later confirmed for E3 in the blog.

DKHF

The only one of those I care about is Setsuna... I'm still expecting/hoping to see 2.8, KHIII and Nier from them at this E3, with 2.8 being playable (though most likely just a demo of DDD HD).

PS4 version stuff most likely.

Probably, but that won't really count as exciting(for me) unless they are adding some major content and not just announce a port release date.

Any way what I want to see from SE:
NieR: Automata
Final Fantasy VII REmake
Kingdom Hearts III and 2.8
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

They have quite a few games I want to see more of.

DQ7 not playable? That does not bode well...
Also surprised DDD of KH2.8 not playable as well. Thought they would want to sell people on it.

I know people have been asking for it forever but I still hope they announced the Kingdom Hearts games for PS4. It's a franchise I somehow have totally missed and really don't want to buy a PS3 just to play them.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Also surprised DDD of KH2.8 not playable as well. Thought they would want to sell people on it.

Square Enix isn't publishing that one in the West IIRC. They don't seem to publisher their own 3DS games there unless they're Final Fantasy branded.

Gurish

What can be so exciting about TR? did they talk about a single player DLC? if so than I bet it's that.

PS4 version is everything other than exciting but maybe it's just typical PR talks.

DKHF

2.8 could be playable at E3, this isn't all of their demos. They'll announce more in a future blog post.

Agreed. It's the most Portal thing i've ever seen since Portal.
The premise makes it sounds like the closest thing we've gotten to an Oddworld game in a while
BLACK THE FALL is an atmospheric game set-up in a communist dystopian era. Playing as Black, an obedient factory worker, you get one chance to outsmart the oppressive system, but the road to freedom is paved with puzzles, pitfalls and manipulation. A door malfunctions, an opportunity arises. Once out, what will you do to survive?

Square Enix isn't publishing that one in the West IIRC. They don't seem to publisher their own 3DS games there unless they're Final Fantasy branded.
Oh, that makes me feel better. Nintendo publishing it probably means we will get a press release sometime in June.

I'm guessing they plan to announce several games between now and the next blog post.

Like if they have Lara Croft Go 2 or whatever, they'll probably get announced on IGN and then later confirmed for E3 in the blog.

roger that!

anticipating the announcement of Rise of the Tomb Raider: PS4 Sorry About That Edition for this fall.

Top Bottom