• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix's E3 2016 plans detailed (part 1)

I thought Sony has a marketing deal with Square on FFXV.

that and the xbone version was sort of a concession (?) so it's almost like MS is lucky to be getting it at all.

i also don't think we'll be seeing much back and forth bold moves like this much anymore. and by that i mean first parties gloating about now having deals for stuff that the competitor used to have. MS has always been close to EA (for obvious reasons) and used to have COD on lock down, but since that's in Sony's court now i don't think there will be any further huge moves. especially considering Spencer said he wants to focus more on MS doing their own thing.

FFXV will probably be on the Sony stage and they will announce the hardware bundle after a demo / trailer. Verendus said a while back they already have the design for it.

farisr

I feel like FFXV will be at MS conference.

Yea I kinda get the same feeling too for some reason.

Doubt it. They'd want the game to be shown at the conference that will net them the most "relevant" attention from the userbase that would buy the game in both the US and Japan, which would be Sony, not to mention showing it there also shows the game in its best light.

This isn't last gen and a FFXIII situation where 360 was leading by a good amount in the US at the time, and where in Japan, the 360 had sold more units in its first week than Xbox One did over nearly 2 years.

At this point it just seems like KH3 and FFXV are coming out on XB1 because they were promised to before this gen started and they knew about sales performance. Type 0 HD did horrible on the Xbox One, and KH 2.8 isn't even announced for the xbox one, that's pretty telling as far as things go.

DeSolos

I have a feeling FFXV will be playable, but only in the form of the Platinum demo. They had it at PAX.
Cgu-e43WYAAtWJD.jpg

It's unfortunate, but that's the most current slice of the game that's stable. Creating another demo would be insane. At best there might be a behind closed doors hands on of what GI played, but I'm not holding my breath.

Either way they better be handing out calendars, I want 10.

Andromeda

Banned
Doubt it. They'd want the game to be shown at the conference that will net them the most "relevant" attention from the userbase that would buy the game in both the US and Japan, which would be Sony, not to mention showing it there also shows the game in its best light.

This isn't last gen and a FFXIII situation where 360 was leading by a good amount in the US at the time, and where in Japan, the 360 had sold more units in its first week than Xbox One did over nearly 2 years.

At this point it just seems like KH3 and FFXV are coming out on XB1 because they were promised to before this gen started and they knew about sales performance. Type 0 HD did horrible on the Xbox One, and KH 2.8 isn't even announced for the xbox one, that's pretty telling as far as things go.

Yeah pretty much, Type-0 HD was announced for XB1 before XB1 was out in Japan too, ever since XB1 was released in Japan SE hasn't announced any new games from their Japanese side for it.

Asd202

I have a feeling FFXV will be playable, but only in the form of the Platinum demo. They had it at PAX.

It's unfortunate, but that's the most current slice of the game that's stable. Creating another demo would be insane. At best there might be a behind closed doors hands on of what GI played, but I'm not holding my breath.

Either way they better be handing out calendars, I want 10.

They should just let people play some part of the game.

Fraxin

They need a megaton for the event though.

Toriyama directing FFXVI.

I doubt it. Not sure if they'll announce FFXVI this E3 ( they already got a good amount of games to showcase). And if FFXVI is going to return back to more fantasy then I guess it won't be directed by Toriyama. Might be Itou or someone else, and I have a feeling that Nomura won't design the characters this time.

I believe Kagari or Verendus (maybe?) said as much in the past; i.e. get ready to see a lot of PS4/PC for new games and no-brainer marketing deals with Sony for XV/KH3.

Heartfyre

I find it bizarre that they're not having a conference, considering the amount of games they have coming that we know about already. At the least, I expected they'd do it for the sake of FFXV.

But I guess Sony's stage is big enough. Even last year, most of their high-profile announcements were at PlayStation.

Exentryk

I doubt it. Not sure if they'll announce FFXVI this E3 ( they already got a good amount of games to showcase). And if FFXVI is going to return back to more fantasy then I guess it won't be directed by Toriyama. Might be Itou or someone else, and I have a feeling that Nomura won't design the characters this time.

Yeah, I don't see 16 getting announced this E3. Next E3 or the one after should be good, depending on how far they are with it. FF7r and KH3 are enough for E317 tbh.

Asd202

You know, I have high hopes for KH III being a worldwide release. We even had an english dubbed trailer last E3. BELIEVE

They would be crazy not to. Staggered release in this day and age is a real ball buster to the fanbase just look at DS3 and KH has some crazy fanbase...

sense

I agree it makes the most sense at Sony but then you see trailers for MGSV and dark souls 3 at MS conference and wonder if there are other reasons behind things like these. Maybe they already know the Sony base is sold on the game and want to attract the ms fan base as well

zeromcd73

I wanna believe! I gotta believe.

Kh 2.8
Star ocean V
I am setsuna
World of ff
Ffxv
Are all 2016 they've been awfully quiet about world of ff and 2.8 tho
It actually looks like WoFF is featured in V Jump this week and confirmed that
Vivi
is in. They have also been updating the official twitter account with some comic strips for the past two weeks or so. Definitely gearing up for release.

It actually looks like WoFF is featured in V Jump this week and confirmed that
Vivi
is in. They have also been updating the official twitter account with some comic strips for the past two weeks or so. Definitely gearing up for release.
Good good I need that chibi in my life.

Ray Down

Banned
Yea expecting them on the Sony stage with more FFXV info, ff7 and KH3

I honestly don't know about all 3, XV I think will take center stage with it coming out this year and all.

KH3 and 7R might just get updates at the live stream. Hell I could see them holding off serious 7R news till after XV is out the door.

FF and KH make way too much money for SE to not make them international.
The series you gotta worry about is mostly DQ, Mana, and other games like it.

We're talking about KH III releasing at the same day worldwide though =p

This would be something new to the franchise.

farisr

I agree it makes the most sense at Sony but then you see trailers for MGSV and dark souls 3 at MS conference and wonder if there are other reasons behind things like these. Maybe they already know the Sony base is sold on the game and want to attract the ms fan base as well
MGS and Dark Souls do decent to good numbers on Xbox platforms as well and have a more western audience appeal than FF or KH, so it isn't too weird for those to show up there.

Aters

They will not announce a single new game this year. Give me more info on FFVIIR and NieR2 and I'm good.

BadWolf

In MGSV's case it was a last second money hat iirc, it was supposed to be at Sony's conference initially.

Top Bottom