• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Atelier game reveal on May 24.

Atolm

Lost my interest in the series with the artist change/shift in tone. Dusk was totally on point, it reminded me Spice & Wolf a lot.

TheChaos0

For me, Totori is still the high point of the series, but I also like the Dusk games. Gust are great.

Absolutely.

High five, Durante. On both points.

It did help that the original Rorona wasn't all that great, mechanically, which made Totori a magical follow up.

Kudo

Yet to play anything but Rorona but looking forward to this reveal.
Really dig the style and comfy feeling these games have.

After practically a decade of annual releases I'm still not sick of this series. Cannot wait for what gust puts out next.

Looking forward to my yearly dose of Atelier, have Sophie pre-ordered for next month too.

How I feel about it too. Though I agree with this as well:

For me, Totori is still the high point of the series, but I also like the Dusk games. Gust are great.

Totori was absolutely my favourite, I haven't enjoyed any of the subsequent games as much (Meruru was close), but it's still a series I love to pieces.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I will pray for the return of time management and less book-chan esque designs. But so long as it's good I will be excited. :)

Famassu

After practically a decade of annual releases I'm still not sick of this series. Cannot wait for what gust puts out next.
I'm the opposite. Atelier Iris on PS2 is the only one I got. Was originally interested in the franchise but then they started releasing a new one on PS3 before I even got around buying the previous one (these aren't priority releases for me so I was kind of slow getting around to even thinking about buying one) and then they started releasing the + versions on Vita and the more these games are released, the more it just feels like I'll probably never delve (back) into this franchise.

raven777

CjMlvYUUkAAI8Pu.jpg:large
Atelier Firis

I like the designs. I've never played one of these games though. I'm thinking about picking up Sophie but I don't even really know what they're about (besides, crafting sutff..right?)

A.E Suggs

I like the designs. I've never played one of these games though. I'm thinking about picking up Sophie but I don't even really know what they're about (besides, crafting sutff..right?)
Well if you want you can look up aterlier escha & lodgy. Got a few friendd on board that aren't really fond of the other titles outside the dusk series.

raven777

5743FCAB4C5DA30007

Official artwork of Firis

CjNBNsQUkAAgcCI.jpg:orig

The cover art and character art feels way different... Maybe she grows up during the game to become more like cover?

SoldnerKei

I like those designs, I am not really feeling Sophie that much and since I still have to finish the Dusk saga I doubt I'll play this anytime soon, still wanna see more thou, looks cute and stuff haha

raven777

Some info from magazine:

-The girl on the left is Firis' older sister
-The theme of the game is travel. Firis doesn't have a set atelier. She travels around and does alchemy in many places
-There are many areas like mountain/snow areas. Biggest world in the series
-There are areas where city and mountain are all in single area
-As Firis travel, her outfits change accordingly. There is also concept of time progression (I don't think this is talking about time-limit)

Game system

-Choice: player's choice affect the game's world and progression

For example, there is a broken bridge in a lake.
A: you can ask a carpenter to fix the bridge. The residents will thank you and give you information on monsters
B: you can decide to find other way. You found a cave near the lake. The cave might have strong monster but you might also find good materials

-Bonfire system

There are bonfires around the fields. You can set a tent on any of those bonfires and starting doing alchemy there.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8589885.html

Zolo

That all sounds pretty interesting actually. Haven't played an Atelier game since Atelier Iris 2 though.

Some info from magazine:

-The theme of the game is travel. Firis doesn't have a set atelier. She travels around and does alchemy in many places
-As Firis travel, her outfits change accordingly. There is also concept of time progression (I don't think this is talking about time-limit)

Game system

A: you can ask a carpenter to fix the bridge. The residents will thank you and give you information on monsters
B: you can decide to find other way. You found a cave near the lake. The cave might have strong monster but you might also find good materials

-Bonfire system

There are bonfires around the fields. You can set a tent on any of those bonfires and starting doing alchemy there.

Thanks for the info, sounds great and I like the characters design. Waiting for the official site to update now.

SarusGray

Some info from magazine:

Game system

-Bonfire system

Omg. #day0

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Some info from magazine:

Game system

-Bonfire system

I immediately had a dark souls x atelier firis fanart flash lol

kromeo

Can't say I particularly like the character design, she literally looks about 10. Unless she's supposed to be?

Traveling around the world, bonfires and potentially a time-progression system that spans years and has her growing up?

Sign me up

EDIT: Thanks raven for the info <3

EDIT2 This sounds cool

Just like the previous game, this game uses a synthesis system in which you play with the ingredients you choose like a puzzle game. There is also a new kind of &#8220;Superdreadnought Alchemy&#8221; not possible previously that lets you make things while ignoring the size of your alchemy pot. With this you could create things like a boat.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/05/atelier-firis-announced-ps4-ps-vita#V3eAlJBd092Xd60P.99

Top Bottom