• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite podcast game?

theecakee

What are some games you play and listen to podcasts (or even TV/videos) with?

I either have gone with grinding in MMOs ..probably a bit too much.., grinding in RPGs, Need for Speed Most Wanted, and now I think Cities Skylines. I go for games without much dialogue or reading that needs to be done.

Hektor

Hearthstone. I play that exclusively in combination with my favorite podcasts running in the background.

bcom33

Neo Member
Civ V for sure. But nowadays Overwatch is becoming a good podcast game as well. And for a while, yes, Destiny grinding was a good podcast companion.

Pedersen

The last year for me has been Rocket League, even though I tend to not follow everything when It's at the most intense

Nottle

Persona 3 and 4 I have fond memories listening to podcasts while doing the dungeons.

Overwatch and tf2 are also good.

Turn based games in general are sort of ideal. Maybe fallout new Vegas as well.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Diablo 3. Just mindless clicking while stuff explodes.

Goddamn I wish they'd add controller support to the PC version though.

The Just Cause games. Lots of good memories of cruisin' around on the parachute, clearing out villages and basecamps to the sounds of some good podcasting.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
now it's Overwatch and i have a feeling it'll be my go to podcast game for a long time. before this, there was:

-crafting / gathering final fantasy xiv
-driveclub
-civ v
-diablo 3
-hearthstone (huh... guess blizz is pretty good at this)
-any fun open world game

Holdfing

Dark Souls 3 right now.
Dark Souls 2 before that and Dark Souls before that.
Also Binding of Isaac (original and Rebirth/Afterbirth) sprinkled inbetween.

• Euro Truck Similuator 2
  • American Truck Simulator
  • Dark Souls III

I say DSIII in particular because after the first playthrough, you can pretty much play the game on autopilot. The game isn't too sound intensive either so it's perfect for podcasting while leveling up and porgressing.

ChryZ

Spelunky, Risk of Rain, Lyne, Reprisal Universe, Darius Burst CS

EDIT: I see a pattern here, tons of content and/or super replayable on brain auto pilot

I Played the first two hours of of Xenoblade Chronicles X with game sound.

Then decided it was unbearable, and managed to play 150h while listening to podcasts.

Fifa

Can't stand to hear the narrators speaking the same thing forever and ever, the chants are alse pretty repetitive

WoW

Good for questing or rep grinding

Top Bottom