• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suikoden on Steam and GOG campaign by Suikoden Revival Movement

mdzapeer

Suikoden Revival Movement (https://www.facebook.com/SuikodenRevival/?fref=ts)

Launched their campaign for getting Suikoden games on GoG and/or Steam. They already had success with the PSN releases.

You can vote for Suikoden on GoG below:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/suikoden_and_suikoden_ii

Article on Kotaku

Link

More details on their page.

Update:

Konami actually listening it seems..

IgszqyH.png

Patryn

Getting it on PSN is one thing. But was Suikoden ever released for PC? I don't recall ever seeing that.

Deft Beck

Konami would have to do a bunch of work to get the English text in the Windows versions of the game, and it's not clear if that's worth the effort to them when they could just put the money toward another pachinko project.

I would love for this to happen but let's be serious. Konami is not gonna give two effs about this campaign or putting in the effort to release an updated PC version. A mobile title I could see but that'll happen if they can smuggle in microtransactions.

Tiu Neo

Very unlikely, since it would probably need to be ported again (unless the port was made by Konami themselves?), but eh, worth trying.

Also, would need at least to put the original translation on the game. And if they wanted to do it right, it would need a new translation for both, but eh, that's asking for too much from Konami.

More Suikoden is always a good thing.

Joqu

"Suikoden on Steam and GOG" is all I had to read to get excited. Don't know why I got my hopes up tbh. >>

A campaign though? This ain't happening, sorry. Dumping old PS1 games on PSN isn't the same thing as creating a brand new PC port. Maybe try to go for Silent Hill 2 3 and 4 or Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 instead, at least ports already exist in those cases.

"Suikoden on Steam and GOG" is all I had to read to get excited. Don't know why I got my hopes up tbh. >>

A campaign though? This ain't happening, sorry. Dumping old PS1 games on PSN isn't the same thing as creating a brand new PC port. Maybe try to go for Silent Hill 2 3 and 4 or Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 instead, at least ports already exist in those cases.

The thing is, there are PC ports of Suikoden 2 and maybe 1 it seems.

Lime

The guy who helped make Konami listen to getting Suikoden on PSN no longer works for them (some months after MGSV released)

ZeroX03

Banned
Seems like a pretty tall ask. I can't see them bothering for anything past the PS2 titles on PS4 and the PS1 games whenever Sony finally bothers to get PS1 games on PS4. Any effort past "hey Sony, put these up" is probably beyond Konami.

Azoor

Konami didn't release MGS 1 and 2 on steam and they're a part of a far more popular series.

I highly doubt anything will happen.

mdzapeer

Your title is a ride that's been front-loaded so after the first hill the rest is disappointment.

You would prefer

"Campaign by Suikoden Revival Movement to get Suikoden on Steam and GoG."

It means the same thing...a proper journalist would be probably write it that way, maybe?

mdzapeer

Not sure why you guys are even trying - the only future for Suikoden is a Pachislot future.

You haven't played the games have you?

Most of these guys really took the themes presented to heart, overcoming in the face of adversity etc. and they helped get them on PSN and even a offical European release for Suikoden III.

Gather followers, stand up for for what you believe in and atleast try...

Sorry for the cheesy post....

Joqu

The thing is, there are PC ports of Suikoden 2 and maybe 1 it seems.

Ah. The only port I'm aware of is 2's, and since this thread seems to be about both I wrote that under the assumption you'd have to port 1 from scratch, which I can't see happen at all. But if that's wrong and 1's out there too then that's another matter.

Still, Chinese only right? Maybe Japanese? Unless they're ridiculously easy ports to translate I still find too much work to expect from modern Konami compared to those other higher profile PC ports that are actually already in English.

Halabane

Very doubtful. Better shot at getting on a mobile device. They have a group working in that area. Of course they would need to add microtransactions.

Dami3N

Meh. dont care for getting Suikoden on pc...

Would want Suikoden 3+ 5 on ps4- and trophy support.

ohhh trophy support on suikoden 1+2

You haven't played the games have you?

Most of these guys really took the themes presented to heart, overcoming in the face of adversity etc. and they helped get them on PSN and even a offical European release for Suikoden III.

Gather followers, stand up for for what you believe in and atleast try...

Sorry for the cheesy post....

There was also a guy in Konami championing those and trying to build awareness. He's not with the company anymore.

Ah. The only port I'm aware of is 2's, and since this thread seems to be about both I wrote that under the assumption you'd have to port 1 from scratch, which I can't see happen at all. But if that's wrong and 1's out there too then that's another matter.

Still, Chinese only right? Unless they're ridiculously easy ports to translate I still find too much work to expect from modern Konami compared to those other higher profile PC ports that are actually already in English.

There's a Japanese PC port of Suikoden 1. But everything else you said is still true.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
You might as well wish for a million dollars too while you are at it.

Suikoden 5 on PS4 as a PS2 classic is more realistic than legit English ports of Suikoden I and II on PC.

Joqu

There's a Japanese PC port of Suikoden 1. But everything else you said is still true.

Yeah, thanks. It's pretty hard to find info on these on the internet, especially because it all points you towards pages on how to pirate the ps1 version. Jeez. But I did come across some screenshots of the PC port. Game itself looks fine but the PC interface looks like a huge mess. I really don't know about that port man.

Have there been any fan projects regarding these old PC versions? Like how easy would it be to get a working English version. In any case it seems to me these days Konami's legacy is going to be limited to is it ready to be shipped and we don't have to do anything, then maybe (as evidenced by Contra III hitting 3DS recently), otherwise...

...Let's make Suikoden Blackjack instead, it'll be more profitable. 108 cards of destiny...marketing writes itself.

I really don't see modern Konami going to the bother of translating the PC version and making sure it works on modern systems. Your best bet for Suikoden on PC is probably hoping for a fan-translation.

If you own the game in another format, then isn't legally dumping the ROM and playing via emulator a superior way to play on PC? I can't imagine a world in which the game comes out and performs better or includes more options than the current crop of emulators for PSX. Look at how hamstrung other JRPG ports for Steam have been and how superior their original, emulated versions have been.

Sesha

"campaign" should be changed to "inevitably falling on deaf ears campaign". I'll sign anything and everything, but I expect nothing.

Edit: Oh, campaigning on twitter and FaceBook. Yeah, not doing that...

Wish you started the title with "Campaign for..."

urgh

Make a mental note to read all of a title before getting your hopes up.

Top Bottom