• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suikoden on Steam and GOG campaign by Suikoden Revival Movement

Corpekata

Banned
They should just outsource it. Work with Gungho or w/e, Granida 2 port was good and seems to be doing well for them given they're porting more stuff.

Arthea

They should just outsource it. Work with Gungho or w/e, Granida 2 port was good and seems to be doing well for them given they're porting more stuff.

exactly! they don't have to do it themselves
It's totally doable and will pay for itself if done right

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Suikoden is a Konami series.

Don't even set yourself up for that disappointment.

The thing is Grandia 2 made a nice little profit for Gung Ho in return.

Konami isn't going to put in effort for just a little profit.

impact

Banned
Upvoted on GOG but I doubt it'll ever happen. It's Konami ffs, they won't even put MGS collection on Steam even tho it would print free fuckin money for them. I mean, the Vita got a version and the PC didn't lol. Enough said.

Dunkley

Considering the Pachislot trend is reducing at the moment I do hope they care about Suikoden enough to bring it to Steam.

I mean it ain't exactly as high risk as making Triple A games.

It's hard for me to get excited about this. Yes, more people should play Suikoden and Steam will certainly make that possible. But it's hard to imagine groundswell building for a real Suikoden VI as V recedes farther and farther into the past.

Update Suikoden III with 60 FPS, slightly updated graphics.

Update Suikoden V with no load times.

I would give you ALL OF MY MONEY.

Not all of it, but A LOT of it.

Ludens

Banned
So the campaign is basically a message bombing?
I don't know, I think Konami will filter all that spam and that's it.
I mean, they didn't bother to release MGS1 and 2 on Steam/GOG when a PC version exist (nor Silent Hill 2,3 and 4), why they should bother with Suikoden doing a proper PC port?

Trying to get Konami to 'do the right thing'

giphy.gif

ffvorax

Do the PC world care about Suikoden series?

I don't know, these titles are very popular on Playstation (in particular the second game), but on PC?

The first thing Konami will think it's if it will monetize doing such a port.

I would be happy because it means that Konami cares about the series, and maybe we will have a new title...
on mobile probably... :(

Gave it a vote for whatever it's worth. Own the games on PSN, which considering how much they sell for physical copies, I'm super happy about.

StereoVsn

Suikoden is a Konami series.

Don't even set yourself up for that disappointment.
Yeah, this is some futile shut right here. It's Konami. They barely cared about Metal Gear and now you want them to port Suikoden games to PC?

benderlaughing.gif

SpotAnime

They have an opportunity to release the SH series on Steam, but haven't, so I'd say Suikoden is a bigger stretch. I mean, they have SH PC versions now that with minor tweaking can run on modern hardware, and they are just gathering bitrot on some Konami server somewhere.

Sorry folks, but this ain't happening.

Fraxin

Aren't these games going to do better as Phone games much more than Steam. I'm expecting especially since the Jap audience game with their phones much more than PC then it would make more sense to get a Phone Suikoden game than a PC one.

Durante

I used to make fun of these campaigns but then the whole Dark Souls on PC campaign happened. (And its ultimately incredibly far-reaching consequences for Japanese PC releases)

Aren't these games going to do better as Phone games much more than Steam. I'm expecting especially since the Jap audience game with their phones much more than PC then it would make more sense to get a Phone Suikoden game than a PC one.
In the west quite a few people would buy these for USD/EUR 20 or more on Steam. I don't believe that this is the case on phones.

5taquitos

As mentioned here already, I'd much rather have 3-5 on PS4 as PS2 Classics w/ trophy support, and I think that's more realistic than a PC port of 1 and 2. But I'm all for any Suikoden love, so I hope this works out.

You haven't played the games have you?

Most of these guys really took the themes presented to heart, overcoming in the face of adversity etc. and they helped get them on PSN and even a offical European release for Suikoden III.

Gather followers, stand up for for what you believe in and atleast try...

Sorry for the cheesy post....

Just emulate it. Stop wasting your time with a company like Konami.

Fraxin

I used to make fun of these campaigns but then the whole Dark Souls on PC campaign happened. (And its ultimately incredibly far-reaching consequences for Japanese PC releases)

In the west quite a few people would buy these for USD/EUR 20 or more on Steam. I don't believe that this is the case on phones.

Well that's only in the west. In Japan the games would probably sell much more on Phones, and it seems some people already do buy niche Jrpgs on phones like Dragon Quest.

Wereroku

Update Suikoden III with 60 FPS, slightly updated graphics.

Update Suikoden V with no load times.

I would give you ALL OF MY MONEY.

Not all of it, but A LOT of it.

Sorry they have to release Suikoden 4 first and use it to gauge interest in 3 and 5.

4 gets a lot of shit but it's really not that bad.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wasn't the PC port complete butt? Like, I know PC gaming is supposed to be cool and all that, but I think people are forgetting how awful Japanese PC ports were when these came out.

Xelinis

We opted for a PC-focused campaign because, let's face it, 'mobile' is still a dirty to word for a majority of the gaming community. It would be difficult to rally the troops to campaign for iOS and Android ports right off the bat. That said, a potential modern PC remaster would still help to provide the technical foundation for further mobile ports, so if a Steam/GoG release does well enough, we wouldn't need any additional campaigning to get these games on phones.

oops, quickly read the op and somehow inferred people were asking for more suikoden games.

I'm always for making old games playble, so let's hope.

Arthea

"On Friday, June 3rd, the Suikoden Revival Movement will lead the charge on a 24-hour bombarding of Konami’s US, UK, and (most importantly) JP social media feeds with messages containing the #SuikodenOnSteam hashtag. As the hashtag suggests, our goal is to encourage Konami to give the Suikoden franchise new life on Steam, which will make it available to tens of thousands of potential new fans.

Tell your friends, tell your family. See you on June 3rd, campaigners!"

let's do our part

Klyka

Banned
Suikoden 2 is one of the finest JRPGs ever made and deserves to be on every possible system.

Sadly, I don't see this ever happen.

I am looking forward to the updates graphics on the pachinko machine though!

DiscoJer

Aren't all PSP games essentially playable on the Vita through backwards compatibility?

Yeah, Sony just doesn't turn it on, for whatever reason. Licensing or Sony being Sony.

Except for that one glorious weekend a few years ago when everything could be downloaded.

(Seriously, one of the most frustrating things about the Vita is that I spent the last few years of the PSP's life buying all my PSP games on PSN just to be able to play them on the successor, only to have a small fraction of them officially work, even though all of them actually work)

Ludens

Banned
Apparently a Konami USA employee managed to get MGS Portable Ops playable on Vita-

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=205232309&postcount=4

Maybe that same employee can get these games on PC?

Portable Ops was always playable on Vita, it was only locked for the US, while for EU people was unlocked. In fact, I played it on PSTV with no problem. It's just that some games for some stupid reasons are locked in a country while they aren't in another.

Mivey

IIn the west quite a few people would buy these for USD/EUR 20 or more on Steam. I don't believe that this is the case on phones.
Well, sure, but to make money on phones you don't go with the premium model. You put on your best Captain Ahab impression and go whale hunting.

Top Bottom