• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of Europe tweet suggests new Mario Kart 8 DLC on the way?

Maybe?

qzzcBI2.jpg

Berordn

Aren't they just suggesting that you're not going to crash into the train if you stop the kart first

I don't really see a connection to actual new content here.

georly

Not really? They post stuff like that all the time, albeit not with mismatched images.

I guess you can extrapolate it, but the easy answer is that it's just something goofy or a mistake.

God, how hilarious would it be if they aren't teasing anything and someone just thought that would be a nice, funny post to make.

Though that #MK8 tag makes absolutely no sense if there's nothing new coming.

Not really? They post stuff like that all the time, albeit not with mismatched images.

I guess you can extrapolate it, but the easy answer is that it's just something goofy or a mistake.

Hashtag would make no sense.

I suppose a mod should add a question mark to the thread title.

Aren't they just suggesting that you're not going to crash into the train if you stop the kart first

I don't really see a connection to actual new content here.

I guess it could be that with a mistaken hashtag, but it has got that hashtag. And it's been so long since the last DLC. Probably not a bad idea too fill out christmas with little tidbits like this.

ChaosXVI

I think it's more of a reference to the hype train...but it is odd that they'd use an image from Mario Kart 64 with a hashtag for MK8...

...but why do more DLC now? Surely MK9 is in production by now.

I'd love it but I don't think this is teasing anything. Now if Nintendo was having an E3 conference this might have been something.

They post jokey stuff like this (references to the games) all the time. It's just referring to how you can't rush into the train.

I think it's more of a reference to the hype train...but it is odd that they'd use an image from Mario Kart 64 with a hashtag for MK8...

Because the Wii U has hardly anything coming and it'd be a nice distraction from the pain.

georly

Hashtag would make no sense.

I suppose a mod should add a question mark to the thread title.

That's why i said mistake. Or just some sort of 'we wanna hashtag this as mario kart, but also promote the newest mario kart at the same time.' or 'I don't really know how hashtags work i guess.'

On one hand, I doubt it means anything.

On the other hand, if the NX is delayed to late 2017, I could see Nintendo playing a desperation card and creating new content for old Wii U games.

I'm not even kidding when I say a new season of Mario Kart 8 content would make up for Nintendo releasing zero interesting new games in 2016.

That said, this could also just be a cruel miscommunication.

Berordn

Why the MK8 hashtag though?

I guess it could be that with a mistaken hashtag, but it has got that hashtag. And it's been so long since the last DLC. Probably not a bad idea too fill out christmas with little tidbits like this.

To me it sounds like they're just attaching it to the most recent release, because marketing? NoE tweet is an illogical place to stealthily announce new content.

Not that I don't want it, mind. I'd pay physically painful amounts of money for more MK8 content.

Unless their plan is to port MK8 to NX and keep releasing DLC until the end of time.

I still think it's purely for the meme + calling out MK8, though.

Semajer

The only way I can see this happening is if they've robbed some MK9 work, and shoved it into MK8 to try and reduce the sting from the lack of Wii U content this year.

Top Bottom