• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Damian Wayne-led Batman game in dev? [Up: New rumors plus Suicide Squad]

Vic_Viper

Please be Batman 666 Damian, with the sick suit and all!

3028324-1362614-aa_asbr06_003_super.jpg

latest

I call bullshit. A Batman game without Bruce as the main protag. Nah..... This has fan fiction crap written all over it. Sorry OP, but you "source" is pulling your chain.

Vic_Viper

I call bullshit. A Batman game without Bruce as the main protag. Nah..... This has fan fiction crap written all over it. Sorry OP, but you "source" is pulling your chain.

It would make sense considering how you interpret Arkham Knight's ending. Plus if they are going for a near future setting, as in 20 years or so, it would have to be someone else under the cowl. Unless they go the DKR route lol.

RedHill

Banned
What's your backing for thinking that? The Batman Beyond brand was very profitable and doesn't feature Bruce in the cowl

GR2.

We don't know what Sucker Punch been up tp. Is there a possibility they're behind this?

Zero chance. Warner will not make a Batman game exclusive, and Sony wouldn't put one of their developers on a multi-format game. More likely I'd guess is that Sucker Punch are working on another Marvel property.

RedHill

Banned
I can't believe we haven't heard anything about the Suicide Squad game yet tbh. We've known it was in dev since Arkham Origins. I suppose Arkham Knight might have delayed it, but...

AO came out about three years ago and WBM has been mute besides some AK DLC and announcing they have two AAA games in development. They were looking for play testers a few months ago, not sure when in the process that happens

Some Nobody

Mobile? We have confirmation that WB Montreal has two AAA DC games in development currently.

And apparently one is Batman and the other is probably Batman, lol. My bet is still one's Suicide Squad and the other's Justice League or Superman, but I admit I could be wrong.

Also, you people still thinking Suicide Squad: If it does not show up at PSX, then it's more or less dead. There was also that free mobile game.

Based on what?

I happens a lot in non life or death situations though.

That's a good point.

Zero chance. Warner will not make a Batman game exclusive, and Sony wouldn't put one of their developers on a multi-format game. More likely I'd guess is that Sucker Punch are working on another Marvel property.

I meant to put a lot more doubt into that statement. This is what happens when you post without editing. >_<

I like Damian but he is not the most interesting to do a spin off series. Seems like DC keep trying to shove the character in everyone's face and most people don't give a fuck. Stop DC.

Batman Beyond or (rated R) Red Hood for me would be far more interesting choices.

Bravocado

Damien is an interesting character, there's potential there. I see the arguments from both sides here though.

And yes, if we were to have a futuristic Batman, I'd definitely prefer it be Terry McGinnis too, with Will Friedle reprising the role (I'd bet dozens of dollars he'd accept too).

I like Damian. When he's written by Grant Morrison.

Will Grant Morrison ever write a Batman game? No? Then why the hell are they using Damian.

I'll take a Damian game regardless.

Will Grant Morrison ever write a Batman game? No? Then why the hell are they using Damian.

Its an opportunity to write a different Batman. If Naughty Dog is getting bored with Batman then giving them Damian to play with might interest them enough to do it again.

I think it sounds interesting if true. But I'm more concerned with production values/gameplay than the Batman I'm controlling.

Krooner

Whatever happened to the Silver Age game that was rumoured to be in development?

I'll take this with a pinch of salt I think, with DC trying to build the cinematic universe I'm sure they're going to want to keep some continuity across media, even if the stories aren't cannon.

aly

Tomasi, King, and Seeley write a pretty good Damian as well. However, imo the best part about Damian is his great relationship with Dick. Which is why animated Damian is trash and why I don't want Batman Damian. Give me Dickbats and Robin Damaian. It even works well in the context of the Arkham games.

RedHill

Banned
Whatever happened to the Silver Age game that was rumoured to be in development?

I'll take this with a pinch of salt I think, with DC trying to build the cinematic universe I'm sure they're going to want to keep some continuity across media, even if the stories aren't cannon.

They already have a tv universe, a movie universe, Injustice 2 coming, and the Arkhamverse is immensely popular. There's no way the Arkhamverse is getting scrapped anytime soon.

It would make sense considering how you interpret Arkham Knight's ending. Plus if they are going for a near future setting, as in 20 years or so, it would have to be someone else under the cowl. Unless they go the DKR route lol.

Urgh, I really hope not. I like DKR in about of itself, but I feel like the amount of Batman media inspired by it recently have given me my fill of it more or less.

SomTervo

Hey remember that silver age Batman game we were supposedly going to get?

Yeah me neither.

Jesus.

Although wasn't that a rumour before Origins was announced?

The only interesting thing about Damian is that he's Bruce Wayne's son. He only really worked as a foil to Dick.

This was my initial reading too but from the sounds of it they've really built on him in the last couple of years.

PSFan

If they want to follow the canon in the comics, it should be Dick wearing the cowl. He is the rightful successor to become Batman after Bruce.

Since DC Comics Rebirth started, Damian isn't even in the Bat-books anymore. He has been moved to Teen Titans, and their Rebirth comes out in a few weeks.

I automatically associate Damian with shitty Batman so I hope this isn't true.

If you are gonna do a Non Bruce Batman you can do better.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Legitimately my favorite single issue of Batman ever. I'd love to see Grant Morrison write more Batman in the future.

That'd be awesome. He did 7 years, didn't he? I'd be surprised if he had much left to say on the matter.

Also: Older Damien pretty much IS Morrison. XD

That'd be awesome. He did 7 years, didn't he? I'd be surprised if he had much left to say on the matter.

Also: Older Damien pretty much IS Morrison. XD

I think it was actually closer to 6 when you take away the time off between some of his runs, but yeah, he wrote Batman for an insanely long time by today's standards. I seem to remember that he was suppose to be involved in a Batman: Black and White series a long time ago, but I don't know if anything ever really developed from that, or if it was even a thing and maybe I dreamed it or something since I can't find jack about it.

Top Bottom