• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Agents of Mayhem," Volition's new AAA game reveal trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfBOHGWsJWQ

IGN just announced it. CG-only trailer. No gameplay.

Some info from IGN http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...eloper-announces-agents-of-mayhem-a-ign-first

As you can see, Agents of Mayhem is in keeping with Volition’s modern design ingredients: an urban landscape, lots of open-world action, and a touch of the whimsical. As the trailer hints at, you play a squad of three agents, and use their unique skills in tandem to beat back the bad guys; which isn’t to say you’re necessarily controlling the “good” ones. Though they’re definitely a lot nicer than the mustache-twirling megalomaniacs of L.E.G.I.O.N., the agents of M.A.Y.H.E.M. aren’t exactly heroes with a capital “H” either, which is part of their charm. Imagine letting the Suicide Squad loose in a futuristic version Seoul, Korea and you’ve got one foot in the ballpark.

So it's an exclusively single-player open-world action game featuring characters with cool guns, gadgets, and abilities to toy around with. There’s...a lot more to it than that though. What’s the connection, if any, to the Saints Row universe, what are you actually doing minute-to-minute, and what kind of characters can you play as? All will be answered in time. Over the course of the month, here’s some of what you can expect to see:

A developer’s analysis of the debut trailer, offering more insight into what you’ve just seen.
First-ever gameplay footage.
Written and video previews based on our hands-on time.
A look inside Volition and the making of Agents of Mayhem.
Other stuff!

styl3s

I was sold at "Ahoy mother fuckers"

Hopefully we will get some gameplay at E3 because i can't figure what type of game this is trying to be. Is it trying be like Monster hunter/freedom wars?

Some info from IGN http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...eloper-announces-agents-of-mayhem-a-ign-first

As you can see, Agents of Mayhem is in keeping with Volition’s modern design ingredients: an urban landscape, lots of open-world action, and a touch of the whimsical. As the trailer hints at, you play a squad of three agents, and use their unique skills in tandem to beat back the bad guys; which isn’t to say you’re necessarily controlling the “good” ones. Though they’re definitely a lot nicer than the mustache-twirling megalomaniacs of L.E.G.I.O.N., the agents of M.A.Y.H.E.M. aren’t exactly heroes with a capital “H” either, which is part of their charm. Imagine letting the Suicide Squad loose in a futuristic version Seoul, Korea and you’ve got one foot in the ballpark.

So it's an exclusively single-player open-world action game featuring characters with cool guns, gadgets, and abilities to toy around with. There’s...a lot more to it than that though. What’s the connection, if any, to the Saints Row universe, what are you actually doing minute-to-minute, and what kind of characters can you play as? All will be answered in time. Over the course of the month, here’s some of what you can expect to see:

A developer’s analysis of the debut trailer, offering more insight into what you’ve just seen.
First-ever gameplay footage.
Written and video previews based on our hands-on time.
A look inside Volition and the making of Agents of Mayhem.
Other stuff!

SamNW

Appears to take place in the SR universe or, at the very least, makes a pretty clear nod toward SR:

Screen_Shot_2016_06_06_at_10_03_15_AM.png

Khezu

Not really feeling what ever that is, characters are boring, and everything looks oddly generic.

Still interested to see the gameplay though.

joms5

I thought they were making a game and not a CG show for Nickelodeon.

I didn't see any game here. How bout you gaf?

At this point. Zero interest.

Well, that was underwhelming...
I can understand why a game like Deus Ex would opt for a "cinematic trailer" in order to sell the style and the story but here, the story looks perfectly generic, the art style is something we've seen hundreds of times in the last two years and there's no information whatsoever about the game itself. Why would anyone care about a trailer liker this ?

kiguel182

Writing doesn't seem that good but art wise it looks okay if generic.

I'll be waiting to see some gameplay but so far it didn't make me interested in it.

M.W.

Everything in that trailer was cliché as fuck. Zero originality. Been there, done that. Also, no gameplay reveals suck. Hopefully we can get a glimpse of gameplay at E3

Samaritan

If not for it being Volition, the Saint's logo at the end, and "Ahoy motherfuckers", I'd be completely uninterested. But... "Ahoy motherfuckers" has its appeal. Hope we'll see the actual game at E3? Kind of getting sick of CG game reveals.

MouldyK

So it's an exclusively single-player open-world action game featuring characters

Well that's a downer after Open-Worlds are always more fun with multiplayer, such as Crackdown and even Saint's Row!

Zukkoyaki

Is it just me, or does have serious a serious "Insomniac Games" vibe to it?

I'm interested, bring on the gameplay! Hopefully Deep Silver has a success on their hands here.

Top Bottom