• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft has revoked licenses for free Fallout 4. $10 credit given

Credit goes to Wario64

CkoOx2aUoAAFHY5.jpg

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Good on them. Free money wasn't necessary but I hope people will at least appreciate.

This is a cool thing for them to do. I was bummed out I missed the free Fallout cod I was raiding but now I don't mind.

Incoming salt from the lucky ones...

A free $10 to all you dirty bastards. For shame.

I may be a little salty about you getting free shit for being sly. Still, I'm deeply outraged.

Yeah, I totally expected this to happen. The $10 makes me feel guilty for the whole thing lol

Why should it make you feel guilty? They screwed up and are paying for it. If something is priced wrong in stores the stores will generally honor it.

Personally I'll take my 10$ and buy some Overwatch loot boxes and just never play Fallout 4 on XB1 since I already have it on PC XD

there was no reason for them to give the $10, good on them

wish they did that with the halo 4 map pack pricing error way back when

ClarkZuckerberg

Neo Member
Yup here's the text:

"Our pricing error on Fallout 4 has been fixed and your free download will no longer work. For the inconvenience we will deposit $10 by the end of June in your Microsoft Account. This expires one year from the time it was deposited.

View this message on your console."

there was no reason for them to give the $10, good on them

wish they did that with the halo 4 map pack pricing error way back when
I think there is. People who might have sunk some time into it without knowing it was a mistake would be upset that they lost everything.

hwy_61

Banned
Why should it make you feel guilty? They screwed up and are paying for it. If something is priced wrong in stores the stores will generally honor it.

Personally I'll take my 10$ and buy some Overwatch loot boxes and just never play Fallout 4 on XB1 since I already have it on PC XD

If they didn't give me anything I wouldn't have been pissed off. I would've just brushed it off and moved on with my life.

TheYanger

A store will not generally honor a gross price error of that magnitude.

Flandy

This can be used on Windows 10 games I assume? Might put this towards Sunset Overdrive PC if that rumor pans out well

RyanW

Aren't saves still safe though?

Should be. That and the game should still be on their Xbox. They would just have to pay for the game now to access it.

On the bright side of this it can still be seen as a good thing that it was free. A lot of people got to try out a good game for free.

Chris1

People reporting in the other thread the game still works.

Pretty nice of them to give $10 tho, can't hate on them for that, they didn't have to give anything lol.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Wow, Sony didn't even bother sending a message for revoking that rythm game.
Pretty cool.

For some reason it's still listed that I purchased this game online, I'm sure they will fix it but hey I am happy Microsoft is compensating us by giving out free money.

8472b8c0813e12d47f32fb4204e6d74d.png

1ce9ad3853a08da7b1266617df9899e1.png

So I own the game currently, grabbed it digitally just so I don't have to put the disc in still, aka it was installed on my system already. Got the message about it being revoked... still works...without the disc.

So if people D/L the full game + DLC > went full offline until they completed everything in the game + all achievements (main game + DLC) > then wen't back online to have their game and the DLC license taken away from them, will they still get that $10?

A LOT of people are gonna do this.

Totally didn't expect to get $10 out of it. That's cool but completely unnecessary. I wouldn't have cared if they'd yanked the license and told me to F off.

Top Bottom