• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS announces Play Anywhere (crossbuy) for select titles on Xbox One and Windows 10

Corpekata

Banned
This was announced with Gears of War 4 (and officially confirming the PC version of that).

The Verge has some details and a list, but I'm not sure where they are getting the list from, so take it with a slight grain of salt:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/13/11911216/xbox-play-anywhere-windows-10-xbox-one-e3-2016

Forza Horizon 3
Gears of War 4
Halo Wars 2
ReCore
Scalebound
Sea of Thieves
State of Decay 2
We Happy Few

Microsoft previously did something similar with the release of Quantum Break — which was free on Windows 10 for those who bought it on Xbox One — but the company says the process is much more streamlined now.

Given State of Decay 2 hasn't even been officially announced, not sure where they are getting the info from, but the fact they included things like We Happy Few makes me think perhaps a press release went out as that would be a weird game to include. This also I suppose confirms a Scalebound PC version.

Edit: This is a digital initiative, sorry, was trying to squeeze in as much as I could in the title.

Edit 2: Ark Survival Evolved also added.

Edit 3: They just confirmed most of the list. All "Xbox Originals" going forward I guess are going to be Play Anywhere.

ukas

This was announced with Gears of War 4 (and officially confirming the PC version of that).

The Verge has some details and a list, but I'm not sure where they are getting the list from, so take it with a slight grain of salt:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/13/11911216/xbox-play-anywhere-windows-10-xbox-one-e3-2016

Given State of Decay 2 hasn't even been officially announced, not sure where they are getting the info from, but the fact they included things like We Happy Few makes me think perhaps a press release went out as that would be a weird game to include. This also I suppose confirms a Scalebound PC version.

Digital and physical?

LordRaptor

I'd be interested to know if this is legitimate 'cross buy', or how they handled it with QB, where people who buy an X1 copy eventually get a free W10 code to redeem.

Genio88

That's just awesome, as a Xbox One and PC gamer i couldn't be happier! Just wondering will they give us a Windows 10 key like Quantum Break or it will just be linked to our Xbox Account?

Corpekata

Banned
I'd be interested to know if this is legitimate 'cross buy', or how they handled it with QB, where people who buy an X1 copy eventually get a free W10 code to redeem.

This is addressed in the article, it's supposed to be a streamlined version so presumably you can buy it in either store and simply have both version on your account.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This could be a really cool thing when sales pop up for a game on one platform, so you can buy it and bring it over to the other.

Mihos

Gold Member
Awesome, at least now I don't need to even look at the next XBone. I will just concentrate on upgrading the PCs.

Ryne

And every game I wanted to play on the X1 currently (scalebound, recore) is available on my PC. Thanks for allowing me to play the games without buying the console MS.

Namikaze

Perfect. I can keep my Xbox around as a blu-ray player/streaming device and use my gaming PC to run the games with great iq. This has been the best news @ E3 for me.

ISee

Cool. I'm in, if the games run good and they improve UWP apps to support things like frame rate counters, etc.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
And every game I wanted to play on the X1 currently (scalebound, recore) is available on my PC. Thanks for allowing me to play the games without buying the console MS.
Yeah I'm seriously considering selling my X1 now. Great news.

If they improve the UWP, I'm all for this. I'll be getting ScaleBound and ReCore anyway, but it's nice to want some cherry on the top too, eh?

Fliesen

this is nice. having a Windows 10 PC, and - eventually - an Xbone, that's the closest to split screen co-op we're ever going to get.

BruceCLea

Banned
I'M SO HAPPY😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Rellik

As someone who has a gaming PC and an Xbox, this just made me sell my Xbox. No need to keep it any longer.

I look forward to Forza on PC :)

Matty8787

Any reason for me to keep my x1 now? I mean my pc is more than capable but with all the games coming to pc do I just cut my x1 loose.

Top Bottom