• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolith is helping out on the Legend of Zelda:BOTW

Anarky

Banned
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...n-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.aspx

The developers of Xenoblade Chronicles X are helping Nintendo with the massive task of building The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s open world.

During an interview at E3, legendary developer Shigeru Miyamoto told us, “Yes they are involved in this Zelda. People from Tokyo and Kyoto are working together on this. There is a team of over 100 [from Monolith] helping work on this project, and their work has really been helpful.”

I think they helped out on Skyward Sword as well. I think the people that help out with this stuff aren't the main Xenoblade development team though, correct me if I'm wrong.

Over 100 people from Monolith are working on it? Good lord, I guess we won't see a new Monolith game for another 5 years.

lame gag

Banned
Maybe we can have rap during battles again. In Hyrule.

"It's The Legend of Zelda and it's really rad!
Those creatures from Ganon are pretty bad!
Octoroks, tektites and leevers too,
But with your help, our hero pulls through!
Yeah, Go Link, Yeah, Get Zelda!
Wikki Wikki Wick!"

kenji

Usually it's the small art team that helps in other games, but this sounds like it's some of the Xeno X's staff

good

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Kind of a no-brainer, after the massive world they created in XCX. Lots of expertise there.

rhandino

Banned
Every single new about this game is music to my ears.

mkOkZtw.gif

The Kyoto branch I guess? Don't they work on assets and such?
Both

Yes they are involved in this Zelda. People from Tokyo and Kyoto are working together on this. There is a team of over 100 [from Monolith] helping work on this project, and their work has really been helpful.

Ridley327

It just sort of sucks that we'll have to wait even longer for Takahashi's next game.

I doubt it was ever going to see release before 2018, if then. That being said, they'll probably continue to improve upon the XCX engine, since that's already rock solid.

DJIzana

It just sort of sucks that we'll have to wait even longer for Takahashi's next game.

Ehhhh... to get a Zelda game of this scale though? I'm willing to take that sacrifice. I love both Xenoblade games but luckily, my RPG backlog will have MORE than enough until the next Xenoblade... + more if we can expect new announcements at Gamescom, Paris Games Week, TGS or PSX.

The Boat

This is definitely Nintendo's biggest project ever, I would love to know the number of people working on BOTW versus other Nintendo games.

duckroll

This shouldn't be news or surprising at all. Monolithsoft had a bunch of people work on Skyward Sword too. It's obvious Nintendo needs more manpower for big console titles like this, and Monolithsoft's experience in doing bigger 3D RPGs is a valuable asset.

Usually it's the small art team that helps in other games, but this sounds like it's some of the Xeno X's staff

good

A good number of Xenoblade staff also worked on Skyward Sword. Not just art either. Planners and so on.

Top Bottom