• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventures of Mana for PS Vita out now on EU PSN

AmuroChan

I mean, it'll be English when you play and the Japanese list will be updated with English descriptions in a few days. It's happened before.

You mean same trophy list with both Japanese and English text? Can't say I've seen one before, and that's coming from a trophy hunter with 125+ Plats.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It's a very faithful remake for better or for worse. They really could have modernized the clumsy inventory system for instance.

Shizuka

You mean same trophy list with both Japanese and English text? Can't say I've seen one before, and that's coming from a trophy hunter with 125+ Plats.

It's happened with Japanese games many times. They share the same list. The Atelier Arland Plus games are all like that, if I'm not mistaken.

That was unexpected... I hope they also consider bringing I am Setsuna too.

I would hope they consider patching at least the loading times (among a number of other issues) if they did bring it over on Vita as well. 20+ secs of loading each and every time you hit a loading screen is pretty game breaking in an rpg.

AmuroChan

It's happened with Japanese games many times. They share the same list. The Atelier Arland Plus games are all like that, if I'm not mistaken.

Separate lists for Jap and Eng.

NhRyfs9.jpg

FwM03gN.jpg

Eusis

Oh, neat. Want to hear how well it runs though (and makes me kinda wish the Vita hit a year or two later since if it's going to be Sony's last may as well go out with a hell of a bang. And mobile advances slowed to a crawl recently.)

Shizuka

Separate lists for Jap and Eng.

NhRyfs9.jpg

FwM03gN.jpg

Oreshika. Croixleur Sigma. Ragnarok Odyssey. Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. Yu-Nama The Puzzle. I wouldn't be saying it doesn't happen if it hadn't happened to me many times. And those are just the ones I found on my trophy list.

Takao

Banned
I wonder if SE will dump the CR games on PSN now that they've changed their heart regarding Vita. Three of the four games have the English script in their Japanese builds, so ratings and CR3 would be the only work needed.

GE:R is out tomorrow, wat

In North America. EU has to wait until Rage Burst is out.

Shizuka

I wonder if SE will dump the CR games on PSN now that they've changed their heart regarding Vita. Three of the four games have the English script in their Japanese builds, so ratings and CR3 would be the only work needed.

I need those Chaos Rings games on my Vita, badly.

Got my first trophy. Its in english.

The Game is great, I loved the original back in the days. Also the music is still fantastic and you can switch between the old and the new.

Wait what? So I can play them in english if i purchase the games with a japanese PSN account?

Shizuka

Got my first trophy. Its in english.

The Game is great, I loved the original back in the days. Also the music is still fantastic and you can switch between the old and the new.

Try to upload the trophy, see if it syncs and if when you open your profile on a website like PSNProfiles, if the trophies are in Japanese. That'd mean a shared list. If you try to sync and nothing shows up, it's a separate list and it's not up on the server yet.

AmuroChan

Oreshika. Croixleur Sigma. Ragnarok Odyssey. Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. Yu-Nama The Puzzle. I wouldn't be saying it doesn't happen if it hadn't happened to me many times. And those are just the ones I found on my trophy list.

I'm asking if you see both the Jap and Eng descriptions of the trophies on PSN. I have trophies for some of the games you mentioned and I only see the English descriptions.

Shizuka

I'm asking if you see both the Jap and Eng descriptions of the trophies on PSN. I have trophies for some of the games you mentioned and I only see the English descriptions.

Maybe I wasn't clear before. I meant games released in the West that didn't get its own separate list, instead sharing the one from Japan. When I unlocked the trophies right when it was released, it'd be all in English, but when I'd check them in websites like PSNProfiles, they'd still be in Japanese. After a few days, the website would be updated with the proper English descriptions.

Try to upload the trophy, see if it syncs and if when you open your profile on a website like PSNProfiles, if the trophies are in Japanese. That'd mean a shared list. If you try to sync and nothing shows up, it's a separate list and it's not up on the server yet.

I have no account on PSNProfiles to look for it, but I uploaded the trophy and it synched flawlessly. I can see the other possible trophies and they are in english too. I hope this helps but I will check out PSNprofiles aswell.

Takao

Banned
Wait what? So I can play them in english if i purchase the games with a japanese PSN account?

If you buy the individual releases of Chaos Rings, Chaos Rings 2 and Omega on Japanese PSN they'll play in English if your Vita is set to English. I have no idea as to why SE hasn't dumped them on PSN in the west yet.

Powwa

Let's hope those who asked for this will buy the game, did my part. Who knows maybe it may convince Square to release the other games they skipped.

t26

Maybe I wasn't clear before. I meant games released in the West that didn't get its own separate list, instead sharing the one from Japan. When I unlocked the trophies right when it was released, it'd be all in English, but when I'd check them in websites like PSNProfiles, they'd still be in Japanese. After a few days, the website would be updated with the proper English descriptions.

The problem is with PSNProfiles, not Sony in this case. You can't say the same for Xbox however. If you got an achievement in Japanese version, and later unlock another achievement in English version, it will still be in Japanese.

Shizuka

The problem is with PSNProfiles, not Sony in this case. You can't say the same for Xbox however. If you got an achievement in Japanese version, and later unlock another achievement in English version, it will still be in Japanese.

Just explaining that there isn't always a separate trophy list when games are localized.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Holy SHIT.

I've been holding out on the iOS version (currently on sale for $10!) for this. Come on US release!

If you buy the individual releases of Chaos Rings, Chaos Rings 2 and Omega on Japanese PSN they'll play in English if your Vita is set to English. I have no idea as to why SE hasn't dumped them on PSN in the west yet.

Wow, this was new to me. Awesome! I will check this out.

Edit: Did the chinese Retail Version of the PREQUEL TRILOGY get the language update aswell? Or just the japanese?

Shizuka

Edit: Did the chinese Retail Version of the PREQUEL TRILOGY get the language update aswell? Or just the japanese?

The Chinese version is just Chaos Rings III on the cart and that won't be in English.

Yeah I know that, but it include the prequels as a download code or did just the japanese version come with them?
I have both, a HK and a japanese account, but I could snag the chinese version for cheap. I'm heavily interested to play the prequels in english on my vita.

Takao

Banned

I don't recommend buying Chaos Rings Prequel Trilogy. The only game on the cart (JP or SEA) is Chaos Rings 3 and that wasn't released in English on Vita. The earlier games are obtained through an in-game menu that launches you into the PlayStation Store to download it to the account currently attached to the hardware. If you don't have a JP or SEA account, you will not see anything. I can't remember if the JP physical release patched the in-game downloadable versions with English, but the SEA version did. A few months after the physical/digital release of Chaos Rings Prequel Trilogy, SE dumped each game individually on PSN in Japan, with those versions of CR, 2 and Omega being the ones you can play in English.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Those crazy SOBs.
They did it.

I'd say some need to eat crow but nah.
Will buy tomorrow.

Time to dump the Chaos Rings please.

Son of a bitch, guess I'll double dip for vita. If I had even a clue that this would come to vita I would have not bought on iTunes.

I will still buy it on vita since that's what I originally wanted to play it on to begin with.
I'm happily frustrated. Just got to wait on a US rating and release

t26

Yeah I know that, but it include the prequels as a download code or did just the japanese version come with them?
I have both, a HK and a japanese account, but I could snag the chinese version for cheap. I'm heavily interested to play the prequels in english on my vita.

There is no Chinese version, it is just Asian Japanese version for Chaos Ring

hongcha

I played through the Japanese Vita version and I was very happy with it. Quick loads, smooth framerate, and excellent responsive controls. It's the best way to play this remake!

redcrayon

Have they added dpad/button support?

Looking forward to playing this, one of my favourite GB games. The main theme has been stuck in my memory for over 20 years.

BTA

I need those Chaos Rings games on my Vita, badly.

They're not even available on iOS anymore, and I was tempted to try them recently, so... it'd be nice, though I probably wouldn't grab them unless there was a decent sale (just as I would've on iOS).

Top Bottom