• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So What Are Your Wii Launch Plans?

Zeed

Banned
Gonna go early, like around noon the day before at Nintendo World. Will be bringing the DS, loaded with games, and the PSP, loaded with South Park. Also bringing food and drink.

Will be picking up three games, and playing them immedeately. No eBaying for me, though in retrospect I should have gotten two, one for resell.

The three games will be Red Steel, Zelda, and undoubtably the best title at launch, Trauma Center. I will be playing Trauma Center first.

What are your plans?

Amir0x

Banned
you're gonna go a full 12 hours early? Christ... I guess there will be people even more dedicated than you who line up a full day before or something

i'm...uh...just gonna be there at my local ebgames 9 o'clock PM. Wait as the line grows, pick up my system at midnight and get home to bitch about it on GAF by 2:00am hopefully.

wow, the Wii will be easy to find, just like the GC, DS, and DS Lite, they will be insanely easyer to get in week 1

I'm not even saying day 1, I'm saying week 1

critch

Banned
Tuesday/Wednesday beforehand, pick up DSlite and FF3.

Saturday the 18th - After OSU beats Michigan, I go to Wal-Mart, and play FF3 until midnight.

Sunday the 19th. Option A: I purchase Wii at Wal-Mart, go home, play WiiSports for a while, sleep, wake up, go get Zelda, and play Zelda for the rest of the year.

Option B: I'm too late, and Wal-Mart is sold out. I buy a cheap tent/sleeping bag, hop next door to Best Buy, and stand in line there until they open, and purchase a Wii. Then I go, pick up Zelda, and play Zelda for the rest of the year.

The total cost of the Wii, Zelda, DSlite, FF3, and camping equipment will still be cheaper than a PS3.

Zeed

Banned
Amir0x said:
you're gonna go a full 12 hours early? Christ... I guess there will be people even more dedicated than you who line up a full day before or something
It's Nintendo World. There's going to be more Wii's here than there will be in all the Gamestops of Manhattan, perhaps even NYC combined, and hence more people camping out.

AniHawk

Head in to work at about 11:00. Glare bitterly at the people who get to take off sooner than I do. Close the store, buy my system, then play The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the next 3 days without sleep.

gutter_trash said:
wow, the Wii will be easy to find, just like the GC, DS, and DS Lite, they will be insanely easyer to get in week 1

I'm not even saying day 1, I'm saying week 1

DS and DS Lite sold out at their launches.

Emotions

I'm getting Zelda, Excite Truck, Monkey Ball, Trauma Center , Rayman 4 , Metal Slug Anthology and Red Steel for launch.
I'm reserving the whole month of november exclusively for Wii, save for Elite Beat Agents, FF 3, FF 5,YI 2, Bombermand Land , Super Robot Taisen 2 and Yggdra Union, wich i can't miss either........

dyls

Amir0x said:

i'm...uh...just gonna be there at my local ebgames 9 o'clock PM. Wait as the line grows, pick up my system at midnight and get home to bitch about it on GAF by 2:00am hopefully.

At least you're being honest about it, I suppose.

I'm just gonna wait for mine to arrive from Amazon, kicking myself the whole time for not springing for overnight shipping. Maybe I'll stop by Walmart to see if I can grab one at midnight, but only if I can convince some friends to come along.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
00000000000000073596-600x600_72dpi_RGB.jpg

Zeed

Banned
Emotions said:
I'm getting Zelda, Excite Truck, Monkey Ball, Trauma Center , Rayman 4 , Metal Slug Anthology and Red Steel for launch.
Holy shit. Are you even missing anything?

Defcon

Banned
If I get one, I doubt it will be on launch day. I'll wait until the crowds die down some. I'm not one to wait in line for anything.

Amir0x

Banned
dyls said:
At least you're being honest about it, I suppose.

Heck, I even have a pre-written response ready, it's so awesome. It basically saves me the time of having to pretend the experience somehow changed anything.

Tiktaalik

Read about it on GAF, see if Red Steel actually turned out good and anxiously await Zelda: Twilight Princess for the GC. :)

AniHawk

Zyid said:
Holy shit. Are you even missing anything?

Take out Red Steel, and you have my same exact list.

Also getting some Wii Points for the future.

Amir0x said:
Heck, I even have a pre-written response ready, it's so awesome. It basically saves me the time of having to pretend the experience somehow changed anything.

So you don't think it made things worse?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I've got the Wii, Zelda, and Excite Truck already paid off at the NWS, and if they stock 'em, I'll probably be picking up Trauma Center, Rayman, and Tony Hawk as well. Perhaps Red Steel as well. I'll probably pick up a classic controller, SD card, and 2nd set of Wiimote/nunchuck as well. Oh, I'll need component cables too. I'll have my DS, PSP, and some food and drink as well.

I expect mayhem. I expect carnage. And I hope to g-d that there will be a line just for us preorderers, because it'll be too cold to show up insanely early. 6 hours early is my max.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
There is an episode of The Simpsons or Futurama when one of them is on the couch for so long when they get up its depressed in their shape and scattered all around is chips and beer cans, thats going to be me.

Then I'll pick up my Wii.... or is it the other way around

Just gonna get up about 5 am in the morning and hit up Walmart. After the stress of worrying if the system is not there, 3 hours of lost beauty sleep, and any lines, I will put the system in my room and go back to bed. Then hook everything up, test out the controller & features, and play Zelda 4 hours straight before my brother & cousins arrive for Thanksgiving the next week :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wake up in the morning, walk in at Walmart at 7 AM, get a Wii, go home, play some more PS3 Resistance, sleep.

for those buying multiple games at launch, how do you plan to play more than one game around the same time?! isnt it a bit of waste of money to buy multiple games when yyou arent going to play them all at the same time which is really wierd

Zeed

Banned
Amir0x said:
Give us a sneak peek!

acidviper

Banned
I bet some stores will leak the Wii at the same time as PS3 launches. You've got people in the store, why not get them a Wii while they are at it.

I will be taking breaks from playing R:FoM to read on GAF on how Zelda is with waggle. The Wii in my house is a Christmas present

AniHawk said:
Well that's not launch, is it.

if they still have some after week 1, they are still launch DS Lite's,, just geting picked up 1 week later, it's still the same shipment they got,... no stress

AniHawk

gutter_trash said:
if they still have some after week 1, they are still launch DS Lite's,, just geting picked up 1 week later, it's still the same shipment they got,... no stress

Nintendo was restocking shelves with a couple units the week after launch. Only 3-6 or so at our store, but at least there were a couple.

what town are you in?
i'm in the Montreal burbs with tons of stores to do the rounds in the burbs, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Future Shop, Toys R Us......... ZELLERS!!

AniHawk

gutter_trash said:
what town are you in?
i'm in the Montreal burbs with tons of stores to do the rounds in the burbs, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Future Shop, Toys R Us......... ZELLERS!!

Oh, I'm real close to Ontario.

Mejilan

gutter_trash said:

The thread was about your plans for the Wii's launch. If you're buying one a week after it launches, you're technically missing the launch. That was his point. No big deal though.

unifin

might go for the midnight launch, but i got my GC at 10 o clock in the morning no problem...

I'll be picking up Zelda, Excite Truck, Red Steel, and Trauma Center, but spending pretty much all my time with Twilight Princess.

(I'm also getting the GC version in December.)

medrew

momolicious said:
for those buying multiple games at launch, how do you plan to play more than one game around the same time?! isnt it a bit of waste of money to buy multiple games when yyou arent going to play them all at the same time which is really wierd

whatburger.gif

ethelred

What stores will be open at midnight to sell these things?

Amir0x said:
That'd ruin the fun. It has got some bite to it, very combative the entire time!

We expect nothing less. Please don't disappoint.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i'll probably wake up sometime in the afternoon, drive to the nearest shopping center, pickup a wii + zelda and extra remote + nunchuck, go home and play wii sports for a little while, then load up zelda and say goodbye to the rest of the day.

i'm still undecided if i should import though. or wait till christmas to see if someone buys it for me. :p

Mejilan

ethelred said:
What stores will be open at midnight to sell these things?

Some EB and GS stores, I'm sure.

Some Toys R Us stores for damn certain. (NY Times Square confirmed.)

NWS, I think. (They're undecided, but I think they'll do it.)

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Edit: I failed at reading... So I suck.

I'll get around to buying it, I figure there'll be enough.

Zeed

Banned
Mejilan said:
NWS, I think. (They're undecided, but I think they'll do it.)
Undecided? They did it for the damn DS Lite, they better do it for the Wii or there will be blood in the streets!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
chinmonster said:
I forgot to pre-order, so I'll be pulling the early morning Circuit City run...

It still isn't too late. Toys R Us will be doing preorders at the end of the month

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
chinmonster said:
I forgot to pre-order, so I'll be pulling the early morning Circuit City run...

You and me both..I completely forgot to cash my check the other day...
Or if possible, I'll order online thru Gamestop..

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I'm gonna be sitting on my ass, reading impressions, getting mad that I didn't get one but then remember that Nintendo is ripping us off and feel a bit better.

Hero

A couple of my friends and I are gonna head to NYC and spend most of the afternoon there.

At about 8 PM or so we'll go to the Nintendo World Store to wait in line. We already have them on pre-order so hopefully it won't take too long.

How many other GAFers are hitting up NWS for Wii launch?

GAF DS Lan Party!

dyls

Amir0x said:
That'd ruin the fun. It has got some bite to it, very combative the entire time!

The best part is, you'll get instant feedback measured by how many N-fans argue with you. If they're still posting on GAF rather than playing their Wii, it can't be all that much fun, can it? :D

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Emotions said:
I'm reserving the whole month of november exclusively for Wii, save for Elite Beat Agents, FF 3, YI 2, Bombermand Land , Super Robot Taisen 2 and Yggdra Union, wich i can't miss either........

More Wii games than I. I'm getting 6. Nice. I'm getting 3 wii motes and nunchucks too as well, in addition to the classic controller and a 1GB card

Top Bottom