• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG247: Inside on PS4 later this month

DKHF

Cool, I will check it out eventually considering all the praise I saw for it at its release.

I thought we'd have to wait a lot longer than that. I've done well to avoid spoilers for this game so far, so I'm happy I can play it soon. Those superlative reviews are hard to ignore.

Then again, I did think Limbo was majorly overrated. That second half just paled in comparison.

Buy it blind folks.

Dont look for any videos, opinion pieces or previews. Just buy the game and enjoy it yourself and then head to the Inside spoiler thread on here :)

My personal GotY so far.

GeeTeeCee

Wow, I just assumed it wasn't coming to PS4 at all for some reason. I'm suddenly very glad I haven't watched or read anything about the game, so I can go in almost entirely blind.

LewieP

Wow, I just assumed it wasn't coming to PS4 at all for some reason. I'm suddenly very glad I haven't watched or read anything about the game, so I can go in almost entirely blind.

Nah they never said it was fully Xbox exclusive, and it was on Steam a week after the Xbox One release anyway, but I'd expected a bigger window of console exclusivity than two months.

Typically unless a game is explicitly stated as fully exclusive, you should assume it is just temporary exclusive.

If MS or Sony have paid up for something to be fully exclusive, you can be damn sure they'll let you know about it.

I thought we'd have to wait a lot longer than that. I've done well to avoid spoilers for this game so far, so I'm happy I can play it soon. Those superlative reviews are hard to ignore.

Then again, I did think Limbo was majorly overrated. That second half just paled in comparison.

Inside actually gets better as it progresses. It's a pretty remarkable game through and through.

And that ending.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
My friend introduced me to this game over the weekend and played through it from start to finish while explaining things. I still have no idea WTF was going on.

mp1990

Banned

If anything, the second half of INSIDE is where the game truly shines. Although the first half is by no means bad, it's a very atmospheric game through and through. Just that... the final bits are outright shocking, and completely steal the limelight.

Tsosie

Darn. I thought it would be a while and I watched a let's play. I will still prolly buy it to support playdead.

xrnzaaas

I'll probably wait until it's on sale, because Limbo was severly overhyped imo. The introductionary levels were great, but I struggled to get to the end and not because of the difficulty level.

I hope Microsoft didn't pay too much cause this is pathetic.

dick_begs_your_pardon_gif_by_ellidegg-d52um4f.gif

Kuni

That's really annoying. I already bought it on PC thinking this was locked for a year or something. Should've paid more attention to the messaging from MS I guess...

Don't think I've seen a 2 month exclusivity windows before. Weird.

I thought this would be like a year long exclusive.

Nice to know I'll be playing it sooner than expected, being on media blackout was annoying lately with the podcasts I listen to.

Will I like this if I didn't like LIMBO? Tought it was rather boring.

Although the core gameplay loop is essentially Limbo visually it's completely different. Animations are a treat to see.

If you didn't like Limbo because of gameplay then don't get this game.

Even so, I say give it a shot.

Didn't Microsoft pay for the timed exclusivity or was it just Playdead's decision?

No idea? Playdead seem to be a really small team so they might just not be able to have all platfroms on the go at the same time, they also seem to have a really good relationship with Phil Spencer and the rest of the Xbox team so it might be like The Witness on PS4 where they just prioritised the Xbox first and PS4 later?

Total guess work on my part though.....

jayu26

Everyone who had the impression that this game wouldn't come to PS4 this soon, you are not alone. I think even Brad from Giantbomb had the same impression.

daveo42

Banned
Completely unexpected. Was planning on a long wait between X1 and PS4 release dates, but now I'm glad I waited. Day 1 pick up off PSN.

Top Bottom