• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I played Overwatch all night on LSD

It was intense. Very enjoyable. The poppy colors with all the exagerrated characters and visuals was fantastic. I was actually kind of having a bad trip before I started playing it so it saved my ass.
Now I can't sleep and im at a Denny's by myself.

What games have you/do you play on drugs?

It was intense. Very enjoyable. The poppy colors with all the exagerrated characters and visuals was fantastic. I was actually kind of having a bad trip before I started playing it so it saved my ass.

None!

47531027.jpg

Dark Souls while high is 👌👌👌👌👌
Horror games in general while inebriated are also great.

I played through Shadow of the Colossus at launch while tripping balls.

My best match of Unreal Tournament ever was while shrooming.

But my go-to for many years was Super Mario Bros 2, with the sound off, and Aphex Twin's "Selected Ambient Works Vol 2" playing instead. It's surreal as fuck.

creatchee

I watched my friend play Tomb Raider (the original one from the 90's) while I was tripping my ass off. We turned the volume off and listened to Danzig 2: Lucifuge. The music went perfectly with the game, like Wizard of Oz and Dark Side (probably because of the acid).

I used to play games stoned all the time. It actually improved my performance. It was very noticeable in competitive FPS's I used to play; my awareness and reaction would improve.
This was during my 18s to mid 20's.

Now when I'm stoned I suck at playing videogames.

t hicks

Banned
Sounds like a good time OP, one of my fav. Acid+vid game experiences was playing GTAV first person when it launched on PS4 w/ headphones on... just walking around, exploring, messing around... good times

Pretty mild but there was a time in my life where my roommate and I would smoke a few joints and play bf bc2 for hours and hours.

Fun memories

leeh

I used to play games stoned all the time. It actually improved my performance. It was very noticeable in competitive FPS's I used to play; my awareness and reaction would improve.
This was during my 18s to mid 20's.

Now when I'm stoned I suck at playing videogames.
I thought this, but then I realised it doesn't matter if I'm stoned or not, I just suck at games now.

The last time I got reallyyyyyy messed up (alcohol + hash) I went to do dungeons in World Of Warcraft. I was laughing so hard at one point after the group wiped that when we were coming back to that spot I was just so out of the game I kept going and pulled like 20 enemies without realising it.

I burst into tears laughing out loud and got kicked. Laughed even more after that.

My healing was top notch as usual though eh.

shandy706

Never taken any drug to play video games.

I don't even like taking prescription drugs.

33 years clean, and I plan to stay that way my entire life. No trouble appreciating the art and colors without them here. :p

I played Civ 5 on caffeine once. It was wild.

Unless this counts. Then I'm a druggy that needs intervention.

But my go-to for many years was Super Mario Bros 2, with the sound off, and Aphex Twin's "Selected Ambient Works Vol 2" playing instead. It's surreal as fuck.

FUCK that sounds good. I'm pretty sure ill never trip again though. This was like the first time in 8 years for me anyway.

I just feel compelled to say I find it weird that these drug type threads are considered acceptable. Like, this shit is still illegal right? We can't talk about piracy openly or a good amount of other things I imagine, but drugs are for some reason ok.

I just find it odd is all. I guess many people think of drugs just like I'd think of alcohol. Shrug.

Carry on.

Okay, now that Super Aphex Twins 2 experience sounds fantastic.

Never played on drugs, but I played Every Extend Extra for 5 hours straight whilst having not slept for 3 days before that. I legitimately left totally out of my mind, lost in a strange sense of serenity, and weirdly blissed out the whole time. It was really weird.

You're supporting a criminal industry that is built off the backs of millions of corpses

...but enough about Video Games HEY-OH

Apoc87

Banned

What are you eating right now?

Best game experience I ever had on LSD was Tail of the Sun on the PS1.
Amazing & bizarre experience. It was as if the game was tailor-made for it.

Top Bottom