• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest VIII (Android game) is FREE on Amazon

t26

DEAD

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IQTL1JA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

For people outside US

In UK here, didnt need to make US accounts. Just;

1. Get game from URL in OP
2. Download Amazon Underground on tablet/phone at http://amazon.co.uk/underground
3. Open Amazon Underground, log in
4. Go to YOUR APPS AND GAMES then click the CLOUD tab
5. Install game

For Germany

Go to Amazon.de

Meine Geräte und Einstellungen -> Einstellungen -> Ländereinstellungen

Use a random US address and save.

Go to Amazon.com, buy the game and change your country back to Germany afterwards.

Scrawnton

If you have an android definitely get this. It's a decent port. I got about 30 hours in and quit the moment the 3ds version was announced. I'd rather play there.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
US only...damn. Well, the 3DS version will be superior anyways with the voice acting and all the new content.

Is this the one where you cant see enemies on the map?

No version of DQVIII prior to the 3DS version has enemies on the map, so yes.

Got it, I stepped on my tablet so it's broken and I don't like playing on a tablet but free is free. I'll just add it to the collection.

Dambrosi

Banned
It's a shame this isn't on iOS, and it's not likely to work on my kiddy Android tablet, but free is free. Snagged.

Oh, and I'm in the UK too, but I managed to get it no problem. Make a new US account using a US address, it's dead easy. Don't even need a debit/credit card.

Roxas

works in the UK. just sign in using your Amazon UK details, download to the cloud, and then use the Amazon Underground app to download it to your device.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Well damn, that sucks for Nintendo.

Yeah, in the US. Though this is based on the original 2004 Japanese version so it has no voice acting and the original MIDI soundtrack. There are a lot of benefits to the 3DS version and it's not like this mix-up is happening anywhere else.

wow.... why?
is this a good version?

It's a straight up mobile HD port of the original Japanese PS2 game, but in English and in portrait mode.
So no orchestrial music like the Western release and no voice acting either.

I played through the game fine on my MotoG a few years ago. Some slowdown here and there, but overall the experience was fine.

Very much looking forward to the 3DS port with all the extras, but its not gonna look as good. You really have to choose what features you like or don't like between the two ports.

Ludens

Banned
I don't understand, you are saying this is US only, but I got it with my italian account.

Was about to post the same. :)

Amazon's also providing a $10 credit promotion for downloading Hay Day ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B018GSK5ZC ).

I don't particularly care for the Amazon app store, but free games are free games.

How does this works? I got the app, and now? EDIT: Nevermind, I need to wait for a code, I don't even know if I'll be able to redeem it.

Calcaneus

Can't download now because I'm not on wifi but still got the app for later. So do you think this is just a mistake or are they doing a promotion?

The framerate is pretty shitty, but that's not a complete dealbreaker for an RPG I guess.

I downloaded this, but I think I'll wait for the 3DS version before actually getting into it.

Top Bottom