• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo plans for Gamescom

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Original - http://www.nintendo.de/News/Events/2016/gamescom-2016-1127481.html#gamescom

Translation - https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/4wb7fj/nintendo_highlights_at_the_gamescom_2016/

Nintendo Hausparty (Nintendo houseparty)
Tim Feldner will moderate the Nintendo Hausparty on the Nintendo stage with interesting guests, signing session, Live-Demos, contests and much more.

Guests:
Developer of the new Pokémon games - Shigeki Morimoto
Developer of Splatoon - Hisashi Nogami
Developer of Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past

Zelda: Breath of the Wild
To get a spot to play the demo of Zelda: Breath of the Wild you have to either win a spot in the current contest (time until 8th August, only for people living in Germany, Austria or Switzerland) or win in the Pokémon Tekken, Splatoon, Super Smash Bros. or Mario Kart 8 tournament at the gamescom.

3DS
Mario Party: Star Rush
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice
Monster Hunter Generations
Rhythm Paradise Megamix
Pirate Pop Plus
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
Runbow Pocket

Wii U
Super Meat Boy
Severed
Jotun: Valhalla Edition
World To The West
Steam World Heist
Axiom Verge
DLCs for FAST Racing NEO
Tournaments
Pokémon Tekken
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 8
Prizes:
Champion trophy
Spot to play the Demo of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

My Nintendo
Get points by completing tasks on the Gamescom. To participate just visit the info booth of Nintendo on the Gamescom and get your stamp card. Then you just have to do some tasks and get a stamp for completing them.

List of tasks:
Play Mario Party: Star Rush (1st Stamp)
Play Monster Hunter Generations (2nd Stamp)
Play 2 Indie games of your choice (3rd & 4th Stamp)

Rewards
250 Platinum Points (if you didn't sign up to My Nintendo before the Gamescom)
300 Platinum Points (for already registered My Nintendo users)

Open my eyes if old.

Robin64

I like that people there can get points on My Nintendo for filling in their stamp card by doing tasks. That's pretty clever.

I like that people there can get points on My Nintendo for filling in their stamp card by doing tasks. That's pretty clever.

Yeah that ties into that comment about doing things at Theme Parks and such to earn points I remember Kimishima saying. How does this work though? Maybe you get a code for showing you have all the stamps.

L~A

Yeah that ties into that comment about doing things at Theme Parks and such to earn points I remember Kimishima saying. How does this work though? Maybe you get a code for showing you have all the stamps.

Well, there's no other way for them to do it than with a serial code, at the moment, so yeah, definitely that.

Linkyn

Shame that not everyone gets to try BotW. Doubt I'll be able to get to it this way.

Edit: Doesn't help that I more or less own every other game they're showing. Guess I'll have more time for third party stuff this year.

Regiruler

Federation Force is a rather odd exclusion. People are a little more receptive to it now that the demo went out, and it's very close to release.

Little unfortunate that severed's demo is wii u only, I'd like to get 3DS version impressions. It's cross-buy so it's not a big deal, I suppose.

The biggest thing I'm watching for is the Fast Racing Neo DLC. More content is what the game needed most.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Mario Party shockingly looked really, really good at E3 during the Treehouse demonstration. Looking forward to seeing more.

-shadow-

Why not just release the Zelda demo on the eshop for everyone? It would throw Wii U owners a bone for this holiday.
Even ignoring the possibility of data mining. Those units aren't retail and I highly doubt they're willing to retool the demo enough for it to work on any kind of retail unit.

Top Bottom