• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Street Fighter Movie?

Dahbomb

If it focuses on Chun Li's legs then it won't be such a big disaster. Her legs have more depth than pretty much any SF story ever conceived.

YUKARISMASH2.gif

Well, as long as they can top the original live action it might be semi watchable.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i honestly don't think they could ever top the original street fighter movie, especially with Raul Julia unable to return as Bison.

mollipen

A Street Fighter movie could work if you got the right people behind it, and devoted a lot of screen time to just showing fights. That second one, though, will never happen from a Hollywood movie, so.

I shudder to think the closest chance we have to a new Street Fighter would be based on a movie.

If it's about Chun-Li then it's got to be a vehicle for some asian actress...Lucy Liu, Xhang Xiyi, Devon Aoki...

Sugarman said:
I shudder to think the closest chance we have to a new Street Fighter would be based on a movie.

If it's about Chun-Li then it's got to be a vehicle for some asian actress...Lucy Liu, Xhang Xiyi, Devon Aoki...
That last one blew her load on the Dead or Alive movie... pun fully intended...

jiggle

Sugarman said:

After MI:III and Die Hard IV, i can see Maggie Q stealing the role.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i think michelle yeoh would make for a good chun li myself, but i think devon aoki is stretching it a bit too far

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
(sigh)

Just give it to Uwe. This way, there will be no doubt it will suck like a Hoover museum.

I love SF but I don't think the franchise has enough strength to carry a movie in the US anymore. It's been gone too long and really only exists in the form of re-releases and spin-offs. If major studios won't even back Halo at it's prime, then this is going to someone like Uwe Boll. And yes, this movie could easily be worse than the first one.

Troopers! I have just received new orders. Our superiors say the war is cancelled, and we can all go home. Bison is getting paid off for his crimes, and our friends will have died here... will have died for nothing. But... we can all go home. Meanwhile, ideals like these - freedom, and justice - they get packed up. But... we can all go home. Well... I'm not going home. I'm gonna get on my boat, and I'm going up-river, and I'm going to kick that son-of-a-bitch Bison's ass so HARD... that the next Bison wanna-be is gonna feel it. Now who wants to go home... and who wants to go with ME!

This COULD work, with a good story (lol) and lots of cool fights with game accurate special moves. But who am I kidding? If it's coming, it's gonna suck.

Besides, even if someone IS making it into a movie, join the club. Hasn't there been a movie announced for every franchise ever created (Metroid, Castlevania, Soul Calibur, Tekken...)? And the only ones that actually get made are Uwe Boll's...

A movie with Alpha Chun-Li in her Interpol years could actually be rather decent. It could tie into the games without having to throw around every single character just for the sake of it.

Oh man, who am I kidding? It's a sign of desperation when even this piece of pseudo-Street Fighter pseudo-news gets me excited...

Top Bottom