• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Zelda art book confirmed + breath of the world game release AFTER 21 Feb 2017?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/2...s?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

An art book for Legend of Zelda series has been announced, and they promised a sneak peak at Breath of the World before the game release.

The book is scheduled for release 21 Feb 2017. Put two and two together and it seems they are suggesting that the game release wont be any time before 21 Feb next year

The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts, a new collection of concept art from over the course of the long-running series, in addition to behind-the-scenes interviews with creators and designers. Art & Artifacts will also include a preview look at Breath of the Wild ahead of its release.

Below, check out some exclusive preview spreads from Art & Artifacts, including drawings ranging from early games in the series to more recent entries like Twilight Princess. The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts is due out from Dark Horse on Feb. 21, 2017, with Breath of the Wild scheduled for sometime early next year.

Considering we know both the Wii U and NX versions of the game launch the same time and the NX isn't coming out until March, this shouldn't be a surprise.

Nintendo said simultaneous release of the Wii U and NX versions. NX comes out in March
Not sure what you were expecting, we knew it wasn't out this year and January is awful for game releases

We already knew the game was delayed until 2017, and we knew it was coming out for NX. If you somehow thought it was coming out before February, then you missed something.

Neoxon

Well BotW is supposed to be a Wii U/NX simultaneous release, & the NX is coming March 2017, so it makes sense.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
i have always thought the date was unknown. Maybe a mod can change my thread title to just "new zelda book confirmed" or lock this thread up now

Mudron

Anyone who thinks we're getting Zelda + NX before February is out of their minds (aside from the fact that I doubt we in the West will be getting either before next fall, but that's a whole other matter.)

I should have make a thread like this back then when the jp version of the artbook is confirmed, and make the thread title " new Zelda art book confirmed + breath of the wild game release AFTER 26 Aug 2016?"

Anyone who thinks we're getting Zelda + NX before February is out of their minds (aside from the fact that I doubt we in the West will be getting either before next fall, but that's a whole other matter.)

Wait so you expect Nintendo to delay the launch of their new system from March to fall?

Mudron

Wait so you expect Nintendo to delay the launch of their new system from March to fall?

Yep. While they may try to get it out the door before the fiscal year is over in Japan, they've never released a console in the States earlier than August and they'll probably want to take the extra time to get as many games bashed together for the Western launch as possible.

(And this is coming from someone who desperately wanted the NX to hit *this* holiday season with a Mario 64 remake as a launch title.)

Vidiot

Wonder if they'll be an updated timeline. Still can't believe Triforce Heroes is canon and Hyrule Warriors isn't. :/ I pretend it is in my head canon.

udivision

Not to be rude but... how the heck could you be interested in a Zelda Art Book and not know that the game is coming out sometime after March?

Mory Dunz

i'm enraged
tumblr_mifkwbaPYf1r5zq6ao1_500.gif

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

A lot of people in the industry think that will happen. Certainly if they don't unveil it by October, it's not coming out in March. It's entirely possible and even likely that the March date is just chosen in the hopes they can get it out by the end of fiscal.

scamander

Banned
A lot of people in the industry think that will happen. Certainly if they don't unveil it by October, it's not coming out in March. It's entirely possible and even likely that the March date is just chosen in the hopes they can get it out by the end of fiscal.

They just re-confirmed it a few weeks ago.

Wensih

I do.

If there's one thing the video game industry does well it's announce a release date or date of announcement and then delay it over and over and over again.

Zelda was suppose to be released Holiday 2015.

Top Bottom