• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance complete; Ratchet & Clank PS3 "in full production"

Jim

From the newsletter.

Greetings Insomniacs!

The rush is over, the wait is dwindling to mere weeks and many of us Insomniacs are enjoying a well-deserved vacation after finishing Resistance: Fall of Man.

Those of you who are waiting for some Ratchet & Clank news, here’s a quick update. We are in full production on our R&C PlayStation 3 game. That’s all we can share at this time, but you’ll be hearing and seeing more from us in the not-so-distant future.

ManaByte

If Resistance wasn't complete by now, there is no way it would've made the launch on 11/17.

Little thing called a "deadline".

Ryu

There's 3 Ratchet and clank games and a game starring just Ratchet and a sequel to Ratchet and Clank now coming to PSP and another to PS3 apparently. That's a lot of platform fun.

no_to_co

For some bizarre reason I didn't by either of the Ratchet and Clanks even though they are now cheap. Should I even bother.

there are 4 R&C games out. and you should buy them if you like good games. RC3 is my favorite PS2 game of all time.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Mark Gonzales said:
For some bizarre reason I didn't by either of the Ratchet and Clanks even though they are now cheap. Should I even bother.

YES

Big Boss said:
Hell yes, make it more like Going Commando Insomniac which was a nice balance of action and platforming.

Hmmm... I personally liked the first one the most. Enough with the shooting. I want more gadget-dependant exploration. Make it more "Zelda-ish" please!

LJ11

Mark Gonzales said:

There are 4 R&C games. If you enjoy platformers, then Up Your Arsenal is a must.

I'd say start with 2, then if you like it you can move onto 3 (or go back to 1 if you want), and then I guess you could try 4 if you still want more somehow. They're pretty beefy games though, if you get obsessive about upgrading your guns anyway.

Yoboman

lololfi5.gif

Jeff-DSA

Awesome, I'm a big Ratchet fan.

In fact, I'm probably more interested overall in a new Ratchet than in Resistance.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
AdmiralViscen said:

2 had the worst final boss though, although it was impressive with how much you could get on screen in that final sequence.

Draft

coming up after the break- successful franchise gets sequel, and we finally answer the question- is water wet? stay tuned.

Dante

Jeff-DSA said:
Awesome, I'm a big Ratchet fan.

In fact, I'm probably more interested overall in a new Ratchet than in Resistance.

The weapons in this next version should be insane given the added horse power and Physics capabilities of PS3

shit these guys don't waste any time! Nice to hear that RC is in full production, can't wait to see it and more importantly can't wait to play resistance next year! X-D

Man do these guys live up to there name "Insomniac". There friends and family probably haven't seen them since before the first R&C game came out :lol

I can't wait though, I hope we get a update before the end of this year :D

Wollan

They have basically two teams now though so I guess they have already been working on it for quite some while.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The concept for the GDC teaser footage seemed to be about achieving more of the scale and activity you'd expect from a bustling futuristice metropolis. I'm fine with that but what I really want to see is in a next-gen R&C is really pushing the use of physics in the weapons and tools and deep destructability to the environments.

Dante

kaching said:
The concept for the GDC teaser footage seemed to be about achieving more of the scale and activity you'd expect from a bustling futuristice metropolis. I'm fine with that but what I really want to see is in a next-gen R&C is really pushing the use of physics in the weapons and tools and deep destructability to the environments.

To me iit seemed more like a vid to show off the engine, I really think these guys will push the envelope on the weopan design. I can only imagine what might have been cut from the Ps2 versions due to tech limitations.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Dante said:
To me iit seemed more like a vid to show off the engine, I really think these guys will push the envelope on the weopan design.
Yeah, I'm sure that's the primary focus, I'm just saying what else I'd like to see. I really want to start seeing more games take into account materials when calculating weapon effects.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
SuperPac said:
Is R&C PSP still on? Haven't heard much about it since E3.
Yep, people were invited to participate in an online beta test for the game just a few weeks ago.

AAK

Awesome, but I would really prefer brand new IP. I just hope they don't make it like Deadlocked.

AniHawk

I don't trust that Resistance would be something I enjoy. It seems that whenever Insomniac went to one extreme or another, the result was very lackluster (the Spyro games which were all platformers, or Deadlocked which was an action game). I hope that R&C PS3 brings back what made Going Commando (easily the best of the series) so awesome, sans flying levels.

AAK

I really miss the grind boots. I'd love to see the speed and adrenaline rush insomniac can make out of it w/ PS3 hardware.

J-Rzez

Awesome news! Like some, I'd want to see massive destruction of the environment... blowing up/crumbling buildings for example... Also, I'd like to see you be able to level up Rachet as well as his weapons... and WAYYYYY MORE platforming Gadgets!!!

And of course, even more of their great humor and awesome gameplay... :)

The Rachet series is just pure-pure fun...

R&C turned out to be way better games than i thought they would be, I love them. I thought the first had the best story, the second had the best combat, and the third was the funniest to me (i love/hate quark). It me they are and should be single player games, the multiplayer neven did it for me

Top Bottom