• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2016

Well my PS4 officially died after having problems before. Just shut off while in the middle of playing GE:R and wouldn't turn back on. Amazon is awesome though and will replace it since it's not that old.

Also I'm really happy that GE:R is cross buy in Europe so I can just continue on Vita for now :D

If it was out of warranty that would be a highly suspicious timing for it to break down though :p

Well my PS4 officially died after having problems before. Just shut off while in the middle of playing GE:R and wouldn't turn back on. Amazon is awesome though and will replace it since it's not that old.

Also I'm really happy that GE:R is cross buy in Europe so I can just continue on Vita for now :D

If it was out of warranty that would be a highly suspicious timing for it to break down though :p
Cool that they are replacing. Thought youd have to deal with Sony.

Cool that they are replacing. Thought youd have to deal with Sony.

They suggested that I can do that but they let me choose. I'd rather get a new one from amazon than a refurbished one from Sony repair. Definitely a reason why I like to buy electronics from amazon.

SG0 and VD are probably both delayed, if amazon is correct

Valkyrie Drive - Oct 25th
Steins;Gate 0 - November 1st

I am shocked that PQube would do such a thing

I asked in another thread but no-one seems to know - are these games really expected to hit September in the UK and the delay is for the US?

Shopto/amazon are still listing Valkyrie Drive for the 16th and Steins;Gate 0 for the 23rd. I mean, Valkyrie Drive is releasing in 11 days. That's a hell of a late call to delay it now.

I asked in another thread but no-one seems to know - are these games really expected to hit September in the UK and the delay is for the US?

Shopto/amazon are still listing Valkyrie Drive for the 16th and Steins;Gate 0 for the 23rd. I mean, Valkyrie Drive is releasing in 11 days. That's a hell of a late call to delay it now.

Steins Gate didn't get an official date anywhere yet, so no one knows. Probably won't hit September.

VD was announced for Sept 16/20 and so far the delay isn't official for either region.

TLDR We probably need to wait for PQube to say something

Bowl0l

They suggested that I can do that but they let me choose. I'd rather get a new one from amazon than a refurbished one from Sony repair. Definitely a reason why I like to buy electronics from amazon.
If it's broken again, i wonder if Amazon will just give you a PS Neo if you top up.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201609/06114878.html

Shinsei Battaku Drive Girls for Vita has been announced.

It's a game where you ride girls
(I guess; they transform into cars)
and battle an army of robot insects.

Brought to you by Nippon I... Marve... Comp... Bergsala Lightweight.

what

no really, what

Never heard of Bergsala Lightweight before either.

Bergsala Lightweight AB is a publisher of computer games with offices in Asia, Europe and in the US. Bergsala Lightweight is most famous for their line of Hello Kitty games.

Yeah that would explain it. But hey they're an international company. Maybe we'll get this game.

Strange question, but can anyone remember which Vita model had Tales from the Borderlands on the back of its box? Was it the Aqua Blue model?

Was having a discussion about it on Twitter and couldn't remember.

You did a great job with this piece man :). Its nice, structured and orderly. You also sum up each game you list quite well and I enjoyed reading this article! Keep up the great work :D.

Thanks a lot! :) Hoping I can do more themed pieces like this.

Strange question, but can anyone remember which Vita model had Tales from the Borderlands on the back of its box? Was it the Aqua Blue model?

Was having a discussion about it on Twitter and couldn't remember.

My aqua blue model is from asia so nothing on the back from any game. But youre right. Here's an unboxing of the NA gamestop exclusive one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Lm3-ntBQA (the intro to the unboxing is horrid so warning you)

My aqua blue model is from asia so nothing on the back from any game. But youre right. Here's an unboxing of the NA gamestop exclusive one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Lm3-ntBQA (the intro to the unboxing is horrid so warning you)

Thanks for this, will check it out when I get home. Such a bummer that we still don't have these games yet. Crossing my fingers that there's going be like a PSX reveal and release date or PS Meeting blowout for Vita stuff.

But I wished for that last PSX too and it didn't happen. Probably more likely that Telltale just lost interest in Vita.

Thanks for this, will check it out when I get home. Such a bummer that we still don't have these games yet. Crossing my fingers that there's going be like a PSX reveal and release date or PS Meeting blowout for Vita stuff.

But I wished for that last PSX too and it didn't happen. Probably more likely that Telltale just lost interest in Vita.

Np. more likely they couldn't get it to run and dont think the effort is worth it. It may happen at TGS or the asia conference if BL is a big enouh name in those territories. If they do physical im in for 2 copies on Vita. If digital, pass. Already beat it and loved it.

Dont care about GoT though. Most painful platinum I've gotten. most boring game ever.

Np. more likely they couldn't get it to run and dont think the effort is worth it. It may happen at TGS or the asia conference if BL is a big enouh name in those territories. If they do physical im in for 2 copies on Vita. If digital, pass. Already beat it and loved it.

Dont care about GoT though. Most painful platinum I've gotten. most boring game ever.

I'm pretty much exactly the same. Very excited for Borderlands; mildly excited for Minecraft; no interest in Game of Thrones.

Physical is also a major factor, because I just don't have room for big-file Vita games on my card anymore (and I'm assuming it will be, since the Walking Dead games were ~ 2.5 GB).

I could see it happening at least, the re-confirmation in February gave me hope, I just wonder what the hell is taking so long.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/origin...details-on-playstation-event-revealed-3443241

I'm really intrigued with what's going to happen with Vita this month. PS Meeting and TGS.

Apparently it's been removed from Sony China's website, alongside the original PS4. Obviously PS4 is gone because it's been replaced by slim. Vita could be replaced by a new model too! Or it could be discontinued in China altogether... :(

I just had to go to the Sony EU support site because of my PS4 and the only options for technical support/warranty were PS3, PS4 and Dualshock 4. No Vita

https://hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/de_DE#/

CazTGG

Have any of you guys played Alone With You?

I'm looking for something new to play and it looks really interesting.

Played it and reviewed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ELJ-78xrc

Short version: It's a case of the execution not being up to par with the concept, a title whose detailed audio and visual design are far beyond the often bland and repetitive gameplay. I don't know if the game's been patched as of yet, but I also experienced several bugs like not being able to scan things properly and the game crashing on several occasions. If you like dating simulators and want something different, it might be worth a look. Otherwise, it's unlikely to leave a lasting impression.

Never heard of Bergsala Lightweight before either.

Yeah that would explain it. But hey they're an international company. Maybe we'll get this game.

Neither have I. But a quick look into their works makes me think not to expect much on whatever this turns out. They were the developers of Bushido Blade before doing away with KleenexSquare Enix.

After that, they developed a bunch of DS and 3DS titles, none of which I am familiar. Plus some PSP and Wii titles. This will be their first Vita title.

Wow Bergsala Lightweight's site is... gorgeous.
http://www.bergsala-lightweight.com/

Well, their game devs probably got too bored with all the cat and hamster games they were working on and volunteered to do the website.

No Technika Tune? For shame.

I prefer superbeat xonic although the ideal game would be a mix of both even though SX is by some of the people who did DJM. There's a picture I had that didnt get used in the article that had all the vita rhythm games i own kept next to my vitas.

Haha. Can't believe they're using this PlayStation Meeting pretty much just to solely sell 4k TV's. Except I kinda can.

There will be no Vita here. And with that, I don't really think I'm the target market for Sony anymore. Hope the Japanese third parties hang on to Sony consoles to keep me interested.

RK128

Haha. Can't believe they're using this PlayStation Meeting pretty much just to solely sell 4k TV's. Except I kinda can.

There will be no Vita here. And with that, I don't really think I'm the target market for Sony anymore. Hope the Japanese third parties hang on to Sony consoles to keep me interested.

I'm a writer for a gaming site & I'm not watching the meeting personally :l. The most we can get out of the meeting is PS4 hardware information and not much else.

I never expected a Vita 2 or Vita 3000 to release after last year, as Sony very clearly made the message 'We are done with handheld hardware'.

That is fine, as I'm content with my Vita :). But its a shame to see them drop handheld gaming like a rock. Maybe we will see something regarding their work on handhelds after the NX releases but not holding my breath on that honestly.

I love my PS4 but this is doing nothing for me.
Yes I know I can't fully appreciate the difference thorough a stream, but I also just don't care much about higher resolution. I do play on Vita after all. What's important is resolution that fits your display and PS4 is doing that just fine.

But Japanese devs will continue to make games. Maybe on PS4, maybe on NX, some still on Vita. I think it'll be fine :)

RK128

I love my PS4 but this is doing nothing for me.
Yes I know I can't fully appreciate the difference thorough a stream, but I also just don't care much about higher resolution. I do play on Vita after all. What's important is resolution that fits your display and PS4 is doing that just fine.

But Japanese devs will continue to make games. Maybe on PS4, maybe on NX, some still on Vita. I think it'll be fine :)

Have the same thought mentality :). JP games will come to Sony & Nintendo platforms in the future and will go where the wind takes those games so to speak :D.

Even if I suppress the Vita fan in me, I just don't get PS conferences anymore. I know they try and interject things with quirky indies (not at this one, admittedly) but everything else seems to be all about scale. Massive worlds. So many pixels. Yada yada. None of that stuff excites me anymore. I don't know when it changed. Maybe I just got old and cynical.

Saphirax

Even if I suppress the Vita fan in me, I just don't get PS conferences anymore. I know they try and interject things with quirky indies (not at this one, admittedly) but everything else seems to be all about scale. Massive worlds. So many pixels. Yada yada. None of that stuff excites me anymore. I don't know when it changed. Maybe I just got old and cynical.

Just wait for PSX...and TGS.

They'll probably be disappointing too though, but some decent games should appear there :p.

Just wait for PSX...and TGS.

They'll probably be disappointing too though, but some decent games should appear there :p.

TGS sure, I can see it getting a good flow of announcements through 2017.

PSX I'm not so sure about. The only hope is that Gio's allowed to throw it a few more bones, but I honestly feel like they're reeling that in too. He's gone from being allowed to handle Borderlands 2 porting to PS4/Vita'ing SNK fighters. I know Full Throttle remastered is scheduled for 2017, but I'm not sure they'll let him handle much more beyond that.

And the indies are drying up (we're still getting loads of announcements each week, but precious few are for Vita). You have more faith than I do!

Saphirax

PSX I'm not so sure about. The only hope is that Gio's allowed to throw it a few more bones, but I honestly feel like they're reeling that in too. He's gone from being allowed to handle Borderlands 2 porting to PS4/Vita'ing SNK fighters. I know Full Throttle remastered is scheduled for 2017, but I'm not sure they'll let him handle much more beyond that.

And the indies are drying up (we're still getting loads of announcements each week, but precious few are for Vita). You have more faith than I do!

They'll do a quick montage and there's bound to be at least ONE good game there :p. I'm not expecting much from TGS though. No idea why.

Hikami

That Playstation meeting did nothing for me honestly. I already have a PS4 but if I didn't, I'd just get the slim instead of the Pro.

It's just eh.. I was hoping more of an emphasis on framerate rather than just better graphics. Developers seem to care more about that though. Some games will be patched for better framerate I guess but there probably won't be enough make it worth a purchase for me.

Anyways, looking forward to Sony's Pre-TGS conference now. Can't see that one being disappointing.

Takao

Banned
Given the amount of people I follow on Twitter that live blog press conferences, I find it redundant to watch any of them now. This PlayStation Meeting sounded hilariously bad though. I can't believe they're launching a premium machine designed for videophiles without UHD BD.

VLiberty

man Shahid should have stayed at least one more year. He was the man, as far as we know. As soon as he left, the indie mass cancelation started and no new indie announced features a Vita version.

btw, Blitworks said earlier this year that they were making more Vita ports, but I think none has yet come out of that, right?

Takao

Banned
Shahid had already moved to PSVR by the end of his time at Sony. Based on some of his Tweets, he's turned quite bitter regarding Vita.

The PS Meeting was pretty bad imo. They didn't give any big reason to buy a PS4 Pro. They spent so much time talking about HDR but then just said it was coming to all PS4s. It look like it had no fan fare or hype. It would been better to just do a youtube video like a Nintendo direct since it is just targeting the hardcore console audience.

The PS Meeting was pretty bad imo. They didn't give any big reason to buy a PS4 Pro. They spent so much time talking about HDR but then just said it was coming to all PS4s. It look like it had no fan fare or hype. It would been better to just do a youtube video like a Nintendo direct since it is just targeting the hardcore console audience.

They've forgotten how to market over the last 10 years.

incpdo

Sad news guys, cross-posting from the Vita games thread;

This is so dissapointing. I just hope other developers with projects i like , like this one do not follow this path. I will not buy this game at all. You should never promise anything , if you can't deliver.

I will totally buy Binding of isaac Afterbirth if it ever comes to vita , i think those guys will deliver and they actually didn't promise.

RK128

This is so dissapointing. I just hope other developers with projects i like , like this one do not follow this path. I will not buy this game at all. You should never promise anything , if you can't deliver.

I will totally buy Binding of isaac Afterbirth if it ever comes to vita , i think those guys will deliver and they actually didn't promise.

Not defending the developers of Hyper Light Drifter or anything, but the main developer has a serious heart condition; he could have died while work on HLD was in production. As someone who is from a family of people who are very ill, I deeply empathize with the main developer for HLD and have no ill will regarding the game not releasing on Vita.

I have no issue getting the game on PC and while you have every right to get upset, I hope you consider still giving HLD a shot. It reportedly runs on even the lowest spec PC's.

incpdo

Not defending the developers of Hyper Light Drifter or anything, but the main developer has a serious heart condition; he could have died while work on HLD was in production. As someone who is from a family of people who are very ill, I deeply empathize with the main developer for HLD and have no ill will regarding the game not releasing on Vita.

I have no issue getting the game on PC and while you have every right to get upset, I hope you consider still giving HLD a shot. It reportedly runs on even the lowest spec PC's.

I can understand that but i think these are separate things.
I mean , the promise of the port was made for 2 platforms they got over 600k over their kickstarter campaign to work with, this is way more money than a lot of other indie devs could dream to get and yet they have fulfill their promises.
I just dont like this type of business , heart condition or not ,
Bolded: isnt that interesting?

They've forgotten how to market over the last 10 years.

Nonsense. They relaunched the PS3 slim in great fashion in 2009. And they made all the right moves from Feb 2013 right through to like a year after PS4's launch. It's just since then, they seem to have lost all sense of what made them do so well.

Sad news guys, cross-posting from the Vita games thread;

Shame about this. Definitely wish he'd retained a third-party porting studio earlier on rather than coming to this conclusion now. We'll have to see if MN9 and Bloodstained deliver, because both of those laid out plans right from the start to use external devs.

btw, Blitworks said earlier this year that they were making more Vita ports, but I think none has yet come out of that, right?

Did they? Well, that's good news. They're excellent porters. Sickhead seem to be getting steady work as well and it wouldn't surprise me if they had more up their sleeves.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The meeting was a real
tera
flop imo, well i wasn't interested in the ps4p but the meeting was able to convince some people to reconsider their will to buy the ps4p.
It was a really strange meeting, it was sleep inducing, not even them looked confident, and where were the comparison shots and videos? Obviously it's hard to show 4k and hdr imrpovements on a stream but i'm sure that comparisons would have made them more evident... maybe the point is that they knew that improvements weren't that big.

Zhao_Yun

I feel like most Japanese games would not take advantage of the better hardware anyway, so the Pro is mostly useless to me.

Top Bottom