• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2016

Benedict

Seems to be a Team17 sale on US PSN.
Have been tempted by the Escapists for some time now but don't really know if I'll like it or not.
Good price anyway together with The Walking Dead DLC.

No reviews or impressions yet on Xcom 2?

Ventara

So I just started Zero Time Dilemma. Not sure how to feel about it. First hour spoilers.

The first choice is pretty stupid, I'm hoping that they'll expand upon it later on, otherwise, why put it in. And though I like seeing different perspectives in a story, I can see playing as all three teams become annoying. I feel it removes the tension because we know what everyone is doing, and hearing Zero say the same thing 3 times might become an annoyance. Though this is just the start, so I hope this works out, but right now, it just feels like I'm playing out all the "what-if" scenarios.

Regarding the story, I'm totally confused, and it doesn't help that I forgot 80% of the first 2 games. So Stigma and Phi traveled back in time to find themselves already a part of this experiment? And Junpei, what the hell? He's a total emo, and even suggested betraying people. Like I know what he went through the first game, but this change doesn't seem in line with the story. Hope it's explained further in the game about the sudden change. Also, the fact that Sigma, Phi and Junpei were in the last game pretty much means they survived this game, right? And Q picking up that box easily was such a blunt foreshadowing. Or maybe Stigma/Phi really need to do some weights?

CazTGG

Darkest Dungeon definitely deserves your time and money (even if it is surprisingly costly in Canada) due to its unique handling on stress as a component of the game's design...thus far at least. I'll likely post a more detailed impression once i've dedicated more time to it.

Guys, what Vita console should I buy?

I've decided I want a second one to set up a US account on it (and a third one eventually on my UK account, but that's another story). Since it's going to be a US Vita I thought I might splash out and buy a fancy colour so it's different from my UK account black ones.

So I was looking into it and buttons are swapped if I import from Japan, which sounds like a chore. Then again, I'm only planning on playing PS1 & PSP games on it that aren't available in the UK store, so maybe it's not that big a deal?

I was looking for an Aqua Blue one from the USA, but it seems they're all sold out.

Shizuka

I've decided I want a second one to set up a US account on it (and a third one eventually on my UK account, but that's another story). Since it's going to be a US Vita I thought I might splash out and buy a fancy colour so it's different from my UK account black ones.

So I was looking into it and buttons are swapped if I import from Japan, which sounds like a chore. Then again, I'm only planning on playing PS1 & PSP games on it that aren't available in the UK store, so maybe it's not that big a deal?

I was looking for an Aqua Blue one from the USA, but it seems they're all sold out.

Buttons are only swapped on a system level, not for games and inside a few apps.

incpdo

Darkest Dungeon definitely deserves your time and money (even if it is surprisingly costly in Canada) due to its unique handling on stress as a component of the game's design...thus far at least. I'll likely post a more detailed impression once i've dedicated more time to it.

i might buy it though 25 dollars is a bit much for me for this type of indie game.

Buttons are only swapped on a system level, not for games and inside a few apps.

From what I understand there is a flag that has multiple options; default system, circle, and X. If set to default system it uses whatever the standard is on your console (O in Japan, X accept in the West), otherwise it depends on the chosen "absolute" flag of O and X.

Chuy

Having imported a white one from Japan the buttons are swapped on a system level and if it's not hardcoded to use the western button mapping it defaults to Japanese mapping. You could import one and just mod it with henkaku to use the western mapping like I did if you don't feel like dealing the button mapping.
Also where are you looking for the aqua blue vita? I'm pretty sure it's in stock still.

From what I understand there is a flag that has multiple options; default system, circle, and X. If set to default system it uses whatever the standard is on your console (O in Japan, X accept in the West), otherwise it depends on the chosen "absolute" flag of O and X.
Yeah this is pretty much the case for how the mapping works.

no. can confirm, it depends on the game.

Balls. That sounds like quite a hassle.

Also where are you looking for the aqua blue vita? I'm pretty sure it's in stock still.

Any import sites, lol (Videogamesplus/Play Asia etc.). They only have Japanese Vitas in stock, if anything.

Has anyone seen the PS Plus offerings in October for EU?!

Freakin REmake and Transformers Devastation!?

How am I not seeing a thread/post on this? My bad if I'm blind.

Benedict

IF I some day get an PS4 Pro and a new TV, will I need a new receiver as well, that supports HDR and 4K?
Or do I plug the HDMI directly to the TV and sound via the optical port?

My receiver, Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver does have support for 4K upscale, but nothing else.

Any better thread I should ask this in?
Couldn't find any official PS4 Pro thread.

Has anyone gotten that playstation announcement saying your code is about to expire? It's a code for 14 promotional items, most of it is smite stuff but my girlfriend got it on her ps4 yesterday, and I got it on mine today.

Top Bottom