• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2016

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Vita version of Akiba's Beat no longer has a release date.

http://akibas.jp/information/234/

PS4 is December 15

Expect it to be cancelled, I guess?

Man vita owners can be so irritating sometimes!
Akiba's is a japanese series started on vita, we aren't talking about a western AAA game that can barely run on vita, there's no reason to cancel a game so close to the release date, it probably needs more optimizations and developers aren't sure about a date.

It's very disheartening how little Spike Chunsoft seems to care for consoles in the west

Mystery Chronicles is 10€ on Steam, 9€ with launch discount. 18€ on PSN

Just noticed this. Almost the exact same thing IFI did with Amnesia. Double the price on PSN that it was on Steam for the first two weeks.

Hilarious. Ly bad.

PS4 is December 15

Vita still has lifeblood in Japan. I'd be a lot more shocked with any cancellations from there. Crows: Burning Edge still makes no sense to me.

Akiba's is a japanese series started on vita,

I've seen you say this twice now. You do know it started on PSP right?

RK128

PS4 is December 15

The likely situation is that the game is releasing a month or two after the Vita release to ensure they get the PS4 version out for the holidays. I really wouldn't read too deep into this; delays happen and it sucks (I'm personally annoyed with the recent news of Sonic Mania being a Winter 2017 title, but if it leads to a better game, that is fine for me).

But in this case for Akiba's Beat, the game just needs more time on Vita and the PS4 version is closer to completion. Japan does not cancel Vita projects (outside of maybe Crows), so I again, I wouldn't worry about Akiba's Beat being scrapped on Vita.

When it was announced for localization, they confirmed that both the PS4 and Vita releases are coming over anyway; both versions will release in the west next year.

RK128

What are you talking about?

I'm just keeping VitaGAF's tradition of gloom and doom!

I thought that only happened on the Upcoming Vita Games Thread sometimes? But to be serious, people have a right to be 'worried' about upcoming releases/cancellations but at this point in the game, I'm happy the Vita is getting the level of support it currently gets.

So much is still releasing for the platform and I am very excited about 2017 for the Vita :).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I've seen you say this twice now. You do know it started on PSP right?
I mentally copyed the first post in the second without thinking, so i made the same mistake twice, i forgot that AK:U&U is actually AK2, but that proves even more my point ;)

Hikami

Starting to get annoyed with my Vita. The left stick has a bit of stick drift and it's getting worse everyday. Don't trust myself to be able to fix it by opening it up. The warranty expired a long time ago so getting it fixed by Sony would be too expensive to the point where it'd make more sense to get a new Vita instead. (Which I might do, the original black one I have is kinda boring compared to the newer colors.)

Guess I could just use my PSTV though.. don't think I've used that thing since the day I bought it. What ever happened to the dekavita?

Chuy

I love my Vita.

That is all.
Same.
Will love until it dies.

Starting to get annoyed with my Vita. The left stick has a bit of stick drift and it's getting worse everyday. Don't trust myself to be able to fix it by opening it up. The warranty expired a long time ago so getting it fixed by Sony would be too expensive to the point where it'd make more sense to get a new Vita instead. (Which I might do, the original black one I have is kinda boring compared to the newer colors.)

Guess I could just use my PSTV though.. don't think I've used that thing since the day I bought it. What ever happened to the dekavita?
Isn't the dekavita a piece of crap though?
Personally I would suggest replacing your vita and just use the pstv in the meantime.

MonsterDrunk

Neo Member
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but has anyone else noticed that PSN has been secretly tracking hours played? as of sept 9th, the weekly update email from Playstation had the following info

Total Trophies Earned
Total Gameplay Hrs

I was kinda shocked and wondering if anyone has any info on this, I'm hoping they surface this info somewhere soon

Hikami

Isn't the dekavita a piece of crap though?
Personally I would suggest replacing your vita and just use the pstv in the meantime.

It is? Damn, I was actually interested in it.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but has anyone else noticed that PSN has been secretly tracking hours played? as of sept 9th, the weekly update email from Playstation had the following info

Total Trophies Earned
Total Gameplay Hrs

I was kinda shocked and wondering if anyone has any info on this, I'm hoping they surface this info somewhere soon

First I've heard of this too. Rarely check those emails but that would give me a reason to do so. Have 900 trophies and 2029 hours here apparently.

Chuy

It is? Damn, I was actually interested in it.
I just remember someone that owned it posting impressions saying it was bad. I would still look into it though before completely writing it off.

Total Trophies Earned
Total Gameplay Hrs

Just checked as well and have 1424 trophies and 7487 hours of playtime. Wow

RK128

Total Trophies Earned
Total Gameplay Hrs

I just checked and it said this for me.

Total Trophies Earned
Total Gameplay Hrs

Wow O_O! Never expected PSN to track all that stuff :).

Total Trophies Earned
Total Gameplay Hrs

I kind of wish I still got those emails now, I turned them off 'cause they were always old news by the time they got to me. :(

RK128

Ditto! My love just grows and grows the more it gets shit on, lol.

So, since I got told off in the other thread might as well start sharing news here:

https://twitter.com/FDG_Games/status/776309181368393728

Results of FDG's Oceanhorn Vita poll, ended with about 4,500 votes with 92% saying they want it (although 16% of those want physical only)

Well that is great news :D! The other thread I don't think people meant it the wrong way, its just that with sour Vita news lately it felt like doom/gloom for the platform. But reporting on news, positive and negative, is needed sometimes.

Regarding your review on the Vita Lounge, first off congrats man :D! Secondly, currently writing a review for that game now and I mirror similar thoughts as your review.

Well that is great news :D! The other thread I don't think people meant it the wrong way, its just that with sour Vita news lately it felt like doom/gloom for the platform. But reporting on news, positive and negative, is needed sometimes.

Regarding your review on the Vita Lounge, first off congrats man :D! Secondly, currently writing a review for that game now and I mirror similar thoughts as your review.

Thanks mate :)

It wasn't the negative news post that bothered me, but the other guy had a point - it is an upcoming Vita games thread, it just made a nice place to talk about Vita, but I guess some people don't want that.

This thread doesn't seem to have such a restriction, so I'll just share my thoughts here and post only news in the other.

Btw, it seems Oceanhorn is now officially coming to Vita:

https://twitter.com/FDG_Games/status/778888911686864896

Thank you all for voting to port #Oceanhorn to #PSVita ! Here's our response - we think a picture is worth a thousand words ;)

Cs8rSTOWcAAxHCd.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Total Trophies Earned
Total Gameplay Hrs

US PSN? Nothing for me(EU)

Thanks mate :)

It wasn't the negative news post that bothered me, but the other guy had a point - it is an upcoming Vita games thread, it just made a nice place to talk about Vita, but I guess some people don't want that.

This thread doesn't seem to have such a restriction, so I'll just share my thoughts here and post only news in the other.

Btw, it seems Oceanhorn is now officially coming to Vita:

https://twitter.com/FDG_Games/status/778888911686864896
Good news :)
After so few days from the poll Oceanhorn is already running... Awesome but i can only wonder if it was already in the work before the poll.

Chuy

Tried logging in to my ps4 this morning and got the message "As a security measure you need to rest your password"
This a normal thing to happen?

dracula_x

Total Trophies Earned
Total Gameplay Hrs

I hope this true.

RK128

Hello everyone :).

I am holding a poll now on my Twitter asking which Retrospective series people would like me to start in October and my options were the following.
-Rayman
-Persona 3 & 4
-Sly Cooper Series
-Sonic Fan Games

Persona 3 & 4 is winning by a landslide and how I am going to do this one if it wins is with two articles releasing at once. One being a 'History of Persona - Origins' which covers the origins of Persona and a summary of the historical impact of Persona 1 and the two Persona 2 titles.

Then, will also release a Persona 3 Retrospective covering EVERYTHING in related to it (the movies, the original PS2 release, FES Edition, Persona 3 Portable) and my thoughts of course on the game. Will likely be one of my longest Retrospectives and will release on my own Wordpress (same with any other Future Retrospective).

If you guy feel like voting, here is a link to the poll but I have a strong feeling Persona is going to be my next 'big' side project for October :).

The reason I am sharing/posting this on the PSN thread is well, Persona is heavily linked to PlayStation and I thought sharing this would be fitting considering many of you guys are the reason I got into the series to begin with!

ty_hot

I am tempted to pick at least one Assassins Creed for PS4. I played the first and really enjoyed it on ps3. Maybe the fourth? I heard Unity (5? The one in paris) isn't so good because of the stealth gameplay, should I skip it?

Right now I am thinking about taking the 4 + expansion, or just the expansion (its a stand alone) and invest in the newer one (the one after unity, not sure about the name). Cant take the 4+newer because of $, so only the expansion would have to do. Guesses?

I will still hold up until the weekend as maybe there will be a flash sale (nobody knows...).

Massa

I am tempted to pick at least one Assassins Creed for PS4. I played the first and really enjoyed it on ps3. Maybe the fourth? I heard Unity (5? The one in paris) isn't so good because of the stealth gameplay, should I skip it?

Right now I am thinking about taking the 4 + expansion, or just the expansion (its a stand alone) and invest in the newer one (the one after unity, not sure about the name). Cant take the 4+newer because of $, so only the expansion would have to do. Guesses?

I will still hold up until the weekend as maybe there will be a flash sale (nobody knows...).

Unity's main problem is that it was buggy at launch, the game isn't bad at all. The frame rate was also pretty bad at launch, but it's one of the best looking games on PS4.

I think all three games are worth playing if you like the series. I'd start with Black Flag, as it's the cheapest, the last of the previous gen games and a pretty polished experience overall. Unity redid a lot of basic systems and Syndicate was a more polished version of that.

Saphirax

I'd go for Black Flag or Syndicate. It depends on which setting you prefer. You want to be a pirate and you enjoy ship battles? Get BF. You prefer victorian London and two protagonists? Get Syndicate.

Ventara

So I was able to get my hands on a PS3 FAT model, and boy is this thing chunky. Anyways, what I wanted to ask was are there any PS2 games that are must-plays? Don't mention games like Persona 4 and Odin Sphere that got ports to PS3/PS4/Vita, although mentioning PS2 Classics that are only available digitally is fine.

Shizuka

So I was able to get my hands on a PS3 FAT model, and boy is this thing chunky. Anyways, what I wanted to ask was are there any PS2 games that are must-plays? Don't mention games like Persona 4 and Odin Sphere that got ports to PS3/PS4/Vita, although mentioning PS2 Classics that are only available digitally is fine.

Radiata Stories.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity's trophies haven't been translated to English. :/

kunnikuman

Neo Member
The likely situation is that the game is releasing a month or two after the Vita release to ensure they get the PS4 version out for the holidays. I really wouldn't read too deep into this; delays happen and it sucks (I'm personally annoyed with the recent news of Sonic Mania being a Winter 2017 title, but if it leads to a better game, that is fine for me).

But in this case for Akiba's Beat, the game just needs more time on Vita and the PS4 version is closer to completion. Japan does not cancel Vita projects (outside of maybe Crows), so I again, I wouldn't worry about Akiba's Beat being scrapped on Vita.

When it was announced for localization, they confirmed that both the PS4 and Vita releases are coming over anyway; both versions will release in the west next year.
There have been handful of Japanese titles cancelled for Vita outside of Crows so you're wrong and your first sentence makes no sense whatsoever. I tried to make sense of it but I just couldn't.

N° 2048

Just started Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus....and I'm also on the 8th episode of the anime.

My first entry into the series and genre.....I like these types of games o_O rofl

RK128

that's because:

Hot Shots Tennis (PS2) – 14 September 2006 (release date)
Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip (PSP) – 25 February 2010

Wait wait.....the PS2 version came first, THEN the PSP version?! Well, I got it backwards XD! Sorry for my original mistake guys.

Top Bottom