• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you're getting Ps4 pro, are you selling your old one?

Lucreto

I never traded in a console before, should I buy a new controller for the trade in or should I give them my well used controller?

Hmm, a good question. I think I'll keep my PS4 because it's the first of the "last" generation, but if these machines will rollout bi-annually I'll be selling all future consoles as upgrades arrive.

If I bought the original iPhone I would've kept it and sold other iPhones going forward.

DayEnder

I have PT...I'm very conflicted.

You can backup and transfer your content between systems if that's the main concern. I have PT and will be transferring my stuff to a Pro.

I'm going to give my old system to a friend. He doesn't have much money right now and I think it is a nice thing to do.

bigace33

Selling my og to my nephew for 170.00. Gonna let him give me 100.00 up front and pay the rest when he gets it.

DavidDesu

Yeah I'll be selling mine. Probably won't get that much for it through traditional channels, hopefully get more by selling locally or through someone on Facebook. Cash in hand and no fees reducing my take... if I can £150 for it I'll be satisfied, but hopefully £170ish. just had a look at Cex, they only buy for £135 but sell for £225. Wow. So surely I could maybe even get closer to £200 selling locally.

When I eventually get the pro I won't sell my OG - I got one of the red MGSV special edition ones and to me it looks gorgeous.

bebop242

I have 2 and the plan was to sell one and upgrade to the Pro. Now after the reveals, I'm just keeping the 2 original ones and maybe pick up a Pro later down the road once I see how everything shakes out. If I eventually bite on a Pro, I'll just keep the second one as a backup.

I'm gonna give mine to my son. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that I won't be able to swap out the 2tb hard drive I have in the old ps4 into the PS4P without having to format the drive...right?

fbutron

Need another one for the bedroom tv, I intended to buy the Uncharted one but then hear about the Neo in that time so I waited

ron_bato

I'm trying to get my brother to buy my LE MGS V console for 200 bucks, so far no bueno

But I'm dead set on selling the thing.

I didn't buy an OG, so no!

NH9gE7v.gif

I'll either put my current PS4 in a different room (bedroom probably) or I will give it to my brother if he wants it.

I'm too lazy to spend the time or energy selling something that didn't cost much to begin with.

dezzy8

I'm going to wait and see if GameStop offers a good trade in deal. If not I'm going to sell mine on eBay with two controllers and some old games.

LordOfChaos

I have to think about it fast. If I wait till November used PS4 prices are bound to plummet. If I sell it now I lose a few months of PS+ I already payed for, plus no PS4 gaming for that time...

575 out the door in Canada...Yeesh.

ViciousDS

Banned
Careful with this, only 1 PS4 can access Vue at one time. If you try to login to your psn on another system, it will boot you out of Vue on the other.

Wwaaahhhhh, well that's dumb........guess I'll sell it and pick up a few rokus then lol.

Glad you warned me, couldn't you get around this possibly by having one as the primary and logging into a different profile?

bede-x

I'm keeping it for now. If Earth Defense Force 5 doesn't have a PC version on day one, it'll be nice to have an extra PS4 for when I have friends over and we want to do online co-op (I'm assuming EDF5 will have roughly the same online options as the last game here).

SenkiDala

Yes, selling it (around the start of November) to pay a part (at least half I hope) of the Pro.

Will be boring to re-download all the games, but that's ok!

Already sold mine, got my Pro paid off. I can't wait to play The Last Guardian and other games. I think 1080p gamers have the most to look forward to, as that is the resolution where graphics can be really pushed to the max.

Selling to GameStop either on the day I pick up my Pro or a few days before. Too busy playing Overwatch, Deus Ex right now, and I want to start playing Destiny: Rise of Iron and Titanfall 2 day 1, so I need it around.

I was actually originally going to give it to my brother, but his birthday's in January and I was thinking about just buying him a Pro as a combined Christmas/birthday present. He has regretted his decision to go Xbox One since the day he got it -- he leaned more Xbox because he's a big (but lapsed) Halo fan, but he hasn't really liked Halo 4 (which he played for the first time via the Master Chief Collection) and 5.

LordOfChaos

Are people waiting for trade in programs expecting anything decent? For most of my life I've usually seen them as pretty bad deals in comparison to selling and buying on your own.

Juraash

My fiancé enjoy playing FFXIV among other things, which is fine unless I'm looking to play something on the PS4 at the same time. So we'll probably keep the old one and hook it up to our upstairs TV.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm gonna wipe my ass with mine.

I had a 250GB PS3 super slim I sold for the Taiwan dollar equivalent of $80USD, along with an original Xbox with CoinOps 7 installed for $100. So that money has already gone towards a preorder.

I'll probably sell my PS4 for $6,000NTD ($190USD).

In actuality I don't really need the money and can easily afford one, but I'm finding I only need the one PS3 now (the second was a media hub for the bedroom), I NEVER use the Xbox for retro gaming because I barely have time to play the games that I have for PS4, Vita, 3DS...so it's good to get rid of things that are just sitting there.

ruddiger7

Banned
Im trying to sell my Metal Gear Solid V edition one in Australia. Barely touched and only had a playthrough of Until Dawn on it and noone wants to buy it.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. A few days before PRO comes out.

MrGerbils

Know this seems like an odd question, but I actually prefer increased graphical effects over 4K or anything, so do you think you could stream a ps4pro game with increased effects to a regular PS4 on another tv?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'd like to, but it's a launch model and has it's fair share of scratches. Probably extra loud 'cause of thermal paste wear too. And I've never really sold anything before.

Top Bottom