• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple sources: George H.W. Bush says privately he is voting for Hillary

Who will George HW Bush Vote For?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihyll

Former President George H.W. Bush is bucking his party's presidential nominee and plans to vote for Hillary Clinton in November, according to a member of another famous political family, the Kennedys.
Bush, 92, had intended to stay silent on the White House race between Clinton and Donald Trump, a sign in and of itself of his distaste for the GOP nominee. But his preference for the wife of his own successor, President Bill Clinton, nonetheless became known to a wider audience thanks to Kathleen Hartington Kennedy Townsend, the former Maryland lieutenant governor and daughter of the late Robert F. Kennedy.

On Monday, Townsend posted a picture on her Facebook page shaking hands next to the former president and this caption: "The President told me he’s voting for Hillary!!”
In a telephone interview, Townsend said she met with the former president in Maine earlier today, where she said he made his preference known that he was voting for a Democrat. “That’s what he said,” she told POLITICO.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/exclusive-george-hw-bush-to-vote-for-hillary-228395

One of the classiest presidents.

rjVSwrO.jpg

Has Dubya said who he's voting for yet?

Obama and Bill have to be voting Hillary

Imagine Carter is as well.

Now with HW, she's almost got a full set

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
George is vested in the status quo of money and private interests running the country. Of course he would back Hillary.

Cerium

I mean, this was kind of obvious, especially given his long friendship with Bill and clear distaste for Trump.

The question is, will he say so publicly?

I can already see the spin though

"of course the political insider backs the neoliberal warmonger, sad! #MAGA"

and not just ya know, trump sucks so much that he can't even get republican presidents to vote for him

Jombie

That's heartening; however, it's the large faction of racist, flag waving mouth breathers that keep me up at night.

Einhander

Trump's response: "Kneejerk reaction from a father who is bitter that I humiliated his son during the primary, believe me. Sad!"

Wallach

Isn't Trump a billionaire?

yeah but he's not an "insider" bro

because his entire life of profiting off intentionally scamming and hurting people is going to magically change once he has the political power of the presidency

that's usually what happens right

Papa Bush has a lot in common with Hillary. Both had a nastyish primary fight with the person they'd go on to succeed, neither were very charismatic but both were extremely qualified and prepared for the role, both were attacked for compromising too much by the more extreme members of their party.

This is good stuff, 41 was a decent president and I think his image is pretty good now. It adds to the pile of people who are qualified to say that Trump is supremely unqualified, this time from someone who, like Carter/Clinton/Bush knows best what the job demands and unlike them doesn't have a partisan obligation.

benjipwns

Banned
Well, when you need somebody who covered up criminal actions by two Administrations I guess he's the guy with the most experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom