• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 PC Specs

Jawmuncher

Looks like they were posted today on the Steam Page. Doesn't look too bad. Though the ram seems a bit high, even on minimum settings. I like that the game is detailing what the supposed specs should be able to run. However I find the minimum 1080P 30FPS with those specs curious. Since it seems to be running at 1080P 60FPS on a standard PS4. Then again that does have drops, and the resolution seems to be Dynamic rather than set in stone while playing.

header.jpg

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x
DirectX: Version 11
Additional Notes: 1080P CPU/GPU at 30FPS Players will have to either lower texture or set streaming textures to OFF in order to optimize performance. *Internet connection required for game activation. The game is still undergoing development, so all PC requirements are subject to change.

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz or AMD or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R9 280X or better
DirectX: Version 11
Additional Notes: "1080P CPU/GPU at 60FPS *Internet connection required for game activation. The game is still undergoing development, so all PC requirements are subject to change."

Storm360

Surprised they're out this early (Maybe the demo is coming soon?), I hope that the PC version gets the VR support added on.

Jawmuncher

That seems pretty early for specs.

The game is out in January, so it has to be basically done at this point. Though there is a lot of time for fine tuning for performance.

Surprised they're out this early (Maybe the demo is coming soon?), I hope that the PC version gets the VR support added on.

That's also a good point. These could be up so soon for the supposed "final" demo. Since that is supposed to hit PC and Xbox One at some point.

Lunafreya

I should be able to max it!

The wait for RE7 is killing me, thankfully I'll have FFXV to play over december so the wait is a bit eased up.

MORT1S

Sounds reasonable. Not a fan of the "Online Activation" bit, though. I'm assuming Capcom is finally boarding the Denuvo train?

The Geforce 760 is way, way more powerful than the Radeon 260X. Once again, we should probably wait until the game is out. So for me it comes down to playing with a mouse or playing at 60fps.

Storm360

Sounds reasonable. Not a fan of the "Online Activation" bit, though. I'm assuming Capcom is finally boarding the Denuvo train?

Don't all modern PC games have this included anyways? All of the physical games i've bought in the last few years say that because of having to go through Steam and Origin and what not.

Jawmuncher

The point about these specs being related to a upcoming demo hold some weight. Awhile back Dusk Golem said that the RE7 depot was having a lot of activity. While the game would need to be going under testing itself on steam. Nothing of the sort seems to have had any indication of happening, at least not out in the open on steam. So that is a possibility.

That's a good point. Would surprise me to be honest. Capcom seems to be riding a lot on this.

I wonder if the PC version is getting VR support? Has Capcom said? Also, on PS4 is this game playable with VR from start to finish?

I feel like it should. Worse comes to worse, fans will probably put in VR themselves. But I feel like the PSVR bit is timed exclusivity. Since sony knows this is the biggest tile supporting it.
Since it is entirely playable from start to finish. While all other VR titles coming out are smaller affairs, or just bonus modes.

Plum

I wonder if the PC version is getting VR support? Has Capcom said? Also, on PS4 is this game playable with VR from start to finish?

No clue on the first question but yeah, the entire game will be playable in VR on PS4. They confirmed it at the announcement during E3.

I have seen mostly rooms and dark places, so maybe it is a matter of scale not being too big in Tomb Raider way, and more like Alien isolation that happens to run really well.

I didn't think of that, that makes sense.

About the VR on PC: Gonna guess and say no at launch but, later.

Thanks for all the good info guys. I am left wondering if they didn't push the graphics to insane levels so they could easily support VR? I just know that this tech engine is definitely not as impressive as the one from last gen. Not saying that the graphics are worse than last gen Capcom titles, but when you look at something like Fox Engine then compare it to the "RE Engine" it definitely does not impress.

Jawmuncher

Thanks for all the good info guys. I am left wondering if they didn't push the graphics to insane levels so they could easily support VR? I just know that this tech engine is definitely not as impressive as the one from last gen. Not saying that the graphics are worse than last gen Capcom titles, but when you look at something like Fox Engine then compare it to the "RE Engin" it definitely does not impress.

I think a big part was due to VR. The engine will probably impress with later games as it matures. It still has some very impressive stuff going on in my opinion though. But at the end of it all, keeping your game looking decent and running at 60FPS for a VR headset is going to be a hard thing to do. Even with the PS4 Pro I think.

We have seen the business slides showing off the engine at full strength. So to imagine REmake 2 using the engine and not being VR, it's probably gonna look amazing.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1270590&highlight=resident+evil
The PC version maxed out probably won't reach this level, but will probably be very impressive. Especially if VR support for the PC version happens.

Thanks for all the good info guys. I am left wondering if they didn't push the graphics to insane levels so they could easily support VR? I just know that this tech engine is definitely not as impressive as the one from last gen. Not saying that the graphics are worse than last gen Capcom titles, but when you look at something like Fox Engine then compare it to the "RE Engine" it definitely does not impress.

You think so? I think it looks really good, but that could just be because of the frame rate.

MORT1S

Don't all modern PC games have this included anyways? All of the physical games i've bought in the last few years say that because of having to go through Steam and Origin and what not.

Maybe so, but none of Capcom's previous Steam releases make mention of an "Online Activation". Hopefully it is just the Steam activation as Capcom have been pretty good about just using Steam DRM.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
GPU requirement seems...low for recommended?

Or maybe I am just too used to MS Recommended games lately.

The game runs at 60fps at all times on PS4 because it's also a VR game. A console VR game on PC is going to have some pretty low requirements.

From what I've seen visually of the game, I'm not too worried because it both looks and runs great.

This image is excellent. I'd play these games if they weren't shooters.

The older ones aren't really "shooters" and RE7 is looking to be even less of a shooter, or about the same. 4-6 are the action-heavy ones that focus on it. 7 is a new thing but with old school blood in it.

BBboy20

We have seen the business slides showing off the engine at full strength. So to imagine REmake 2 using the engine and not being VR, it's probably gonna look amazing.
The PC version maxed out probably won't reach this level, but will probably be very impressive.
Pre-rendered backgrounds, thus pushing to make the best looking monster and character models possible that might even make the latest graphics cards sweat...OMG.

Sesha

The PC version maxed out probably won't reach this level, but will probably be very impressive. Especially if VR support for the PC version happens.

Imagine if they remade RE4 and did the same with the actual locations.

tumblr_inline_mrsgwsfg5h1qz4rgp.gif

Sesha

So this isn't on MT Frameworks or Unreal Engine 4?

It's not Panta Rhei is it?

It's on the RE Engine, a new engine made specifically for VR and to make full use of the photogrammetry they're doing for RE7. However the RE Engine is based on MT Framework, like Panta Rhei was.

Top Bottom