• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 PC Specs

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
RE7 was made to run at a consistent 60fps on both PS4 & Xbox One, even when playing in PSVR mode on PS4, so the more than reasonable specs aren't -too- surprising.

Anyways, MT Framework games usually didn't have high specs to run and were very well optimized and still looked good, hope the RE Engine is similar.

RE7 was made to run at a consistent 60fps on both PS4 & Xbox One, even when playing in PSVR mode on PS4, so the more than reasonable specs aren't -too- surprising.

Anyways, MT Framework games usually didn't have high specs to run and were very well optimized and still looked good, hope the RE Engine is similar.

Yeah, but the minimum specs are for 30 fps, so people should be aware of that. Good on them for disclosing that information.

Gitaroo

PSVR has to be a timed exclusive. Seems really dumb to only support PSVR and not try and get some extra money later on from PC VR users.

Depends if sony can sell 6 millions unit like they had forecast, they users base on that alone is more than enough to cover all potential sales. Its like ps2 compare to gamecube and xbox.

gelf

People consider these specs low now? My idea of low was still 750ti and below. You used to be able to run PS4 level games on that. I'm hoping these are overstated and my 660 can cope as it still was doing with other games like for example Dark Souls 3 most recently.

Gattsu25

Banned
That feeling when you exceed all the recommended specs

giphy.gif

Thanks for all the good info guys. I am left wondering if they didn't push the graphics to insane levels so they could easily support VR? I just know that this tech engine is definitely not as impressive as the one from last gen. Not saying that the graphics are worse than last gen Capcom titles, but when you look at something like Fox Engine then compare it to the "RE Engine" it definitely does not impress.

RE7-Twilight-Update-Ann-TGS-2016.jpg

Resident-Evil-7-Biohazard-screenshots-166998.jpg

resident-evil-7-4-600x338.jpg

idk

Though admittedly the demo looks pretty rough up-close (but the Twilight ver. is apparently improved?)

family-man-e1466205722284.jpg

Yeah, any kind of aiming and shooting. If it has auto-aim, I can consider though.

Take this at face-value, because info is sparse (thx Capcom), but while there are guns (and aiming) it looks like it's taking a backseat in this one, melee weapons and running and hiding seem to be more the focus.

But this whole marketing thing could be a ruse and you'll actually fight hordes of enemies with machine guns by the end I dunno

Play RE4 and git gud!

Xater

Seems modest? Not that surprising though considering it's 60fps on consoles and even has to run on PSVR.

Jawmuncher

Take this at face-value, because info is sparse (thx Capcom), but while there are guns (and aiming) it looks like it's taking a backseat in this one, melee weapons and running and hiding seem to be more the focus.

But this whole marketing thing could be a ruse and you'll actually fight hordes of enemies with machine guns by the end I dunno

Play RE4 and git gud!

It's a ruse I bet. To me it looks like they'll be giving players a choice. So if you wanna kill enemies all day you'll be able to, while if you don't you can probably sneak or run past them. I think a big reason they're downplaying killing and such ATM, is because they don't want people crying foul ahead of time before they play it.

PC people hate me for saying this, but to run the PC version of a game with the same experience, the PC has to be 1.5 - 2x more powerful than the console. The reason for this is because the instruction set for the gpu is not known ahead of time, so all GPU instructions and shaders must be compiled at runtime. One of the most important components of graphics card drivers is a compiler, which is constantly being updated and optimized for the latest games. Since the instruction set for a console GPU is known ahead of time, the shaders can be precompiled and optimized.

In short, it is a misconception that a pc can be as powerful as a PS4 and be able to play the same games. Compilation of shaders at runtime is CPU intensive, so the CPU especially has to be more powerful.

Thanks for the info. I'm not that tech savvy, so stuff like this is interesting.

It's a ruse I bet. To me it looks like they'll be giving players a choice. So if you wanna kill enemies all day you'll be able to, while if you don't you can probably sneak or run past them. I think a big reason they're downplaying killing and such ATM, is because they don't want people crying foul ahead of time before they play it.

Thanks for the info. I'm not that tech savvy, so stuff like this is interesting.

Don't worry, he's not a tech savvy either to claim that kind of silliness :")
Simple answer: PC requirements are always higher than reality.
NFS for exemple had PS4 level of hardware requirement for 720p. Truth is, when it was released, the requirements specs for 720p were more than enough for 1080p.
See for yourself:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1186232

Minimum Requirements for 720p30 at low settings:

Processor: Intel Core i3-4130 or equivalent with 4 hardware threads
Memory: 6GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB, or equivalent DX11 compatible GPU with 2GB of memory
Hard Drive: 30 GB free space

http://91.68.209.8/bmi/gamegpu.com/...U/Simulator/Need_for_Speed_/test/nfs_1920.jpg

As you can see, it runs at very high setting, 1080p and 30fps on an HD7850.

SURGEdude

Those are great for users without cutting edge hardware. Looks like I might be able to hang onto my 290 for another year.

Top Bottom