• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft trademarks "City of Love Paris"

yoonshik

CJ4JX4FZVCC523YA2TMALSKFLFS2JYJJD3M5WS32YP5FWWLUACXBIDWYHOHGLVOOVKXFQYLYPUAXS.jpg

13901e.png

Source: EUIPO

edit:

QJeCM0MVS250qCehOOYV9qniFeefSDAVofB3x7ujoCAklDZvohmg224PHMhC3ysv8zNI=h800

WXeXtjBUQ_YdvemGDDTdypzKRXbYnEIPC_yOQdaBqwSdo4aB5i0GUP8g-AhzYbjQBM4=h200

I would post more, but the game looks offensively terrible.

RevenWolf

Huh, wonder what this will lead the to?

Is American trademark law similar In that they Have essentially trademarked that particular logo?

Hmmm interesting. A romance game? And no not a pervy one but I wonder if they are gonna take a gaming equivalent stab at something like say a Nicholas Sparks story.

Odds are next to zero its something like that, as frankly there is nothing I can think of in the industry that even exists but it would be interesting to see if someone took a stab at it. I wonder if there is even a market for a true romance game.

But it will probably be some sort of open world action game.

NateDrake

When I Googled the name, an APK for the title came up. Looks like a mobile game. "Live, Laugh, Love: Welcome to your interactive drama in Paris!" Not sure if it's real or not.

chadskin

When I Googled the name, an APK for the title came up. Looks like a mobile game. "Live, Laugh, Love: Welcome to your interactive drama in Paris!" Not sure if it's real or not.

Probably real.

There's a FAQ for the game on the Ubisoft site: https://support.ubi.com/nn-NO/Faqs/000025372/City-of-Love-Gameplay-FAQ?fallback=en_GB

You can tap anywhere on the screen to scroll the texts and make the story progress. At some point, you face different choices and you can select one using energy.

mortal

Gold Member
I hope it's a AAA title that isn't a shooter of any kind. How amazing would that be, huh?

EDIT: Not necessarily what I had in mind...

Oh its mobile nvm. And not down with that art style. Granted I'm not part of the target demo obviously without a doubt.

But honestly I would totally play a well done romance game. Hell Moulin Rouge is one of my all time favorite films. Would love someone to do a Life is Strange style Adventure game but as a well done love story.

yoonshik

There's also a gameplay faq: https://support.ubi.com/it-IT/Faqs/000025372/City-of-Love-Gameplay-FAQ?fallback=en_GB

HOW CAN I PROGRESS IN THE GAME?

You can tap anywhere on the screen to scroll the texts and make the story progress. At some point, you face different choices and you can select one using energy.

HOW CAN I MAKE A CHOICE?

You don't have a limited time to make your choice, so don't worry! You just have to touch and hold on the choice you want to make.

HOW CAN I OBSERVE AND VISIT THE SCENERY?

You can tap and drag to scroll the background when you're alone. You can then see all the details of Paris!

HOW CAN I ACCESS THE MENU?

Tap the icon on the upper right of your screen. By touching it, you pause the game and access the different sections of the menu.

ARE THERE DIFFERENT SCENARIO'S IN-GAME?

There are different branches and side stories in City of Love: Paris that you can play. They depend on your own choices but also on the relationship you have with the characters. However, the main story is the same for all the players, but your choices will determine how it ends!

WHAT CAN I DO IF I'VE MADE A BAD CHOICE?

There's no bad choices in City of Love: Paris! Each one leads to a different story but you can never encounter a bad choice or a game over. You can't cancel your latest choice, but you can replay the game on another save slot if you want to change your story.

I DIDN'T UNLOCK THE SOUVENIRS IN THE EPISODE I'M PLAYING. WHAT CAN I DO?

You can unlock Souvenirs by making different choices. Try again, it may depend on your answers! Also, it depends on the relationship you have with a specific character: try to improve this relationship to unlock the Souvenir with him/her.

CAN I CANCEL MY LATEST CHOICE?

You can't cancel your latest choice, but you can replay the game on a different save to try a different choice and story.

ARE THERE DIFFERENT TYPE OF CHOICES?

Some choices have stronger consequences than others. Some also depend on the relationship you have with other characters. You'll be able to recognize them very quickly!

WHY IS MY SCREEN CHANGING WHEN I MET SOME CHOICES?

The character you're speaking with is zoomed, you can see a vignetting around the screen and you hear your heartbeat. It shows that an important choice is coming and it will make the main story progress.

Nice, can't wait for the PS4 port so I can play this. I need my Tower Climbing and Bazillion Collectibles fix (better include girl panties). Hopefully I won't have to go through the male romance options to get the Platinum.

I hope it's a side scrolling adventure game like Valiant Hearts. Except a romance.

Weird subtitle for an Assasin's Creed

I hope it is UbiArt

I hope it's a AAA title that isn't a shooter of any kind. How amazing would that be, huh?

EDIT: Not necessarily what I had in mind...

Hope it's an open world modern Paris parkour romantic comedy.

With towers.

I'm 100% serious right now.
Hopes and dreams.

4b0dddd56e.gif

Top Bottom