• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This can't possibly be right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihyll

I just ordered an iPhone 7 plus through T-mobile they gave me an order number and everything

they gave me an estimated shipping date of November 12 through December 15...

This can't possibly be right...if that's the case I'll just wait for the iPhone 7s

notsol337

marked forever
I just ordered an iPhone 7 plus through T-mobile they gave me an order number and everything

they gave me an estimated shipping date of November 12 through December 15...

This can't possibly be right...if that's the case I'll just wait for the iPhone 7s

This will happen for the 7s, too. One of my coworkers pre-ordered day one and is still waiting on his phone.

Does it really take Apple a month and a half to produce a second wave of new iphones? You'd think they would gotten this right by now.

entremet

I just go to the Apple Store. I never pre-order. I do have access to the NYC flagship, which get tons of shipments.

You have to realize that they have a ton of suppliers they need to keep up with demand

They have nearly a decade of experience of people buying the shit out of their phones. What's stopping them from churning them out in huge numbers so that these month long gaps are non-existent?

They have nearly a decade of experience of people buying the shit out of their phones. What's stopping them from churning them out in huge numbers so that these month long gaps are non-existent?

If they're wrong and the amount they make far exceeds the demand, they're in real deep shit

dc3k

wtf

I ordered my 6s the day after preorders went up and just walked into an Apple Store the next day to pick it up.

They have to limit supply so they can give buyers the impression there's such a great demand to justify the inflated cost.

Allforce

Wife ordered one from Verizon last Saturday and it arrived Thursday.

The "expected ship date" was listed as Thursday but they sent it on Tuesday via 2-day shipping so we actually got it early.

You'll get it before that. They're just covering their bases. Apple doesn't want to miss Christmas. They'll be freely available by November at the latest. That's when I usually get mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom