• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 single player footage (Live with Youtube Gaming)

Mr. Tibbs

The footage convinced me that I have to pick this up next month. A few minor things that always drive me nuts in shooters (characters blocking action and a little too much scripted content), but the free-running parkour combat looks too good to pass up! The PCG preview on the campaign is really encouraging.

I just realized this will be the first EA game I've bought since Titanfall 1! :)

JimiNutz

Banned
Single player actually sounds really interesting. I may buy at launch now for the campaign alone.
Wish there was also a Horde/Firefight type mode to play cooperatively as I think I'm done with competitive multiplayer shooters for a while.

Wish there was also a Horde/Firefight type mode to play cooperatively as I think I'm done with competitive multiplayer shooters for a while.
If Frontier Defense doesn't come back bigger and better than before then it will be pretty surprising to me, especially now that they have their single player content to draw from.

It wasn't on my radar at all before now, but that single-player stuff looks really cool. I like FPS campaigns which keep things interesting with lots of variety and set-pieces.

I do think this game is going to struggle to breathe though, coming out between Gears 4, Battlefield 1 and COD: Infinite Warfare. Especially given a lot of the lukewarm feedback after the beta.

JimiNutz

Banned
If Frontier Defense doesn't come back bigger and better than before then it will be pretty surprising to me, especially now that they have their single player content to draw from.

Frontier Defense?
Was that a mode they added later because I don't remember that at all from Titanfall?

JimiNutz

Banned
Yeah, post-release content thing horde mode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUpGLZU5RXQ
I agree with Pegasus Actual, now with the single player content they should have quite a gallery to draw enemies from that should work very well for a horde mode.

Shit, I had no idea this existed!
Really hope it's in the sequel. The initial negativity I had playing the beta is definitely turning around based on the potential SP content in the game.

Popsickles

Well that looks as boring as hell. These shooters have gotten so damn generic, I'm very tired of the military fps genre now.

blakep267

In theory it looks fun, but grunts were never much of a threat in the MP and their AI seems kinda brainless. Doesn't seem that challenging

Keasar

In theory it looks fun, but grunts were never much of a threat in the MP and their AI seems kinda brainless. Doesn't seem that challenging

Traversal looks nice but a campaign full of those braindead grunts? Yucky.

They never were supposed to be a threat in the multiplayer, they were there for you to shoot and get timer off on your Titan while hunting for other pilots or going between objectives. They seem to be way more dangerous this time around with lots of more variations, like heavy armoured Specters, Grunt units with forward facing shields, spider mines, "Reaper" titans which are basically mini titans and lots more as seen in previous trailers. Watch the video and you'll notice. :p

I posted earlier a video of the Frontier Defense mode and in that mode that introduced lots of new enemy types as well like Mortar Titans, suicide Specters, Nuke Titans and some other things.

I definitely have no doubt that they have mixed things up from the normal soldiers from Titanfall 1. :p

Well that looks as boring as hell. These shooters have gotten so damn generic, I'm very tired of the military fps genre now.
What's the generic part? I saw cool jetpacks you could wallrun with, quite open enviroments, really cool enviroments (fighting across giant flying ships or inside a factory that seem to produce houses on a line? I think that is pretty cool) varied enemies with cool abilities and tricks, giant robots, your best friend is a giant robot, dino aliens and more. :p

Also, military shooter? I mean sure you're in an army but this isn't exactly the usual US soldiers ad infinitum we have suffered for the past 10 years of modern era shooters.

Chris1

I'm actually surprised by the lack of activity on this page. It's a big game with new footage, and there seems to be a lack of interest.
It's not that surprising to me. They "abandoned" the fanbase they built up with 1 by becoming a Cod style shooter and it's hard enough trying to build a new fanbase (on ps4) when the first game was exclusive, let alone when BF1 is coming out at the same time and stealing all the mindshare.

It'll still sell well though I reckon, Titanfall name is pretty big at least on Xbox, but the lack of interest in threads like these doesn't surprise me really, the "alpha test test" put a lot of people that would be here hyping it up, off the game.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
From what I've seen yesterday, I'm definitely interested in at least checking out the single-player -- something I usually don't touch in MP-focused shooters.

I liked that bit with the wallrunning "puzzle" section, which should break the action-to-action monotony, no?

One thing people might overlook (but they shouldn't) are boss fights. I mean, that Viper one is a boss, right? How many military shooter-esque FPS' have we had that had boss fights that made sense? It's usually just throwing a ton of enemies at you and maybe having a grunt that takes a ton of damage, no? Basing my opinion on the past miltiary shooters I've played here (obviously doesn't count DOOM, etc.).

Respawn devs did make the campaigns for MW and MW2, which should mean they know their set pieces and pacing. People seem to be tired of the constant explosions-athon that happen in most FPS campaigns and rightfully so. From what I've seen and read, the game establishes Jack and BT's relationship in the game so that we care when something happens to BT.
I already predict BT will "die" just to tug at them heartstrings. ;)

Terrorblot

They never were supposed to be a threat in the multiplayer, they were there for you to shoot and get timer off on your Titan while hunting for other pilots or going between objectives. They seem to be way more dangerous this time around with lots of more variations, like heavy armoured Specters, Grunt units with forward facing shields, spider mines, "Reaper" titans which are basically mini titans and lots more as seen in previous trailers. Watch the video and you'll notice. :p

I posted earlier a video of the Frontier Defense mode and in that mode that introduced lots of new enemy types as well like Mortar Titans, suicide Specters, Nuke Titans and some other things.

I definitely have no doubt that they have mixed things up from the normal soldiers from Titanfall 1. :p

What's the generic part? I saw cool jetpacks you could wallrun with, quite open enviroments, really cool enviroments (fighting across giant flying ships or inside a factory that seem to produce houses on a line? I think that is pretty cool) varied enemies with cool abilities and tricks, giant robots, your best friend is a giant robot, dino aliens and more. :p

Also, military shooter? I mean sure you're in an army but this isn't exactly the usual US soldiers ad infinitum we have suffered for the past 10 years of modern era shooters.

You say this as if Call of Duty hasn't released 3 Sci-Fi games in recent memory, plus Titanfall, plus Battlefront, plus Titanfall 1. Sci Fi Battlefield is the new Modern is the new Normandy is the new Hoth.

Ashtar

That pilot gameplay looks really cool, too bad there's only enough room in my heart for one mp game and that's battlefield 1 assuming the campaign is any good

Keasar

You say this as if Call of Duty hasn't released 3 Sci-Fi games in recent memory, plus Titanfall, plus Battlefront, plus Titanfall 1. Sci Fi Battlefield is the new Modern is the new Normandy is the new Hoth.

CoDBlops 2 was pretty futuristic, I'll give you that. Advanced Warfare was so-so future. CoDBlops 3 was the one that looked pretty far out there ( they're all set on Earth still).

I wouldn't really count Star Wars: Battlefront since that's by now "generic" sci-fi with lasers and has been done for the past 30 years so its just mostly background noise. Apart from the few games that really stands out as good.

I think Titanfall stood out quite well with its focus on interplanetary frontier warfare in a far off future with their take on mechs. A cool blend of Japanese and industrial western style in their design.

Looks great.

Also, I notice that Titans have regenerating shields in the campaign... Maybe there's hope they'll make it to multiplayer too.

Thankfully EA Access trials will help me decide between getting this or Battlefield 1 at launch. Either way, I'm really glad to see that this game is shaping up. It seems like it could be worth it for the campaign alone! Multiplayer was fun from what I played in the Beta but it didn't really grab me like the first game did.

AHA-Lambda

Thankfully EA Access trials will help me decide between getting this or Battlefield 1 at launch. Either way, I'm really glad to see that this game is shaping up. It seems like it could be worth it for the campaign alone! Multiplayer was fun from what I played in the Beta but it didn't really grab me like the first game did.

I don't believe TF2 is coming to Access though?

SaganIsGOAT

That scene in the ship to ship video when Viper appears is legit some of the cheesiest dialogue I've ever heard lol. Looked cool even though the ai seems just as brain dead as in the first game

Top Bottom