• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medals can be disabled in MWR

https://twitter.com/wendellwobble/status/782270566908637188

Medals can be disabled in Modern Warfare Remastered!
No clue if medals earn any xp in this, and if disabled if any XP gained is lost.

Raven should be given the chance do develop a new Call of Duty on there own. They already said in an interview that if they could, it would be a modern/boots on the ground Warfare.

Raven has been constantly listening to fans regarding this remaster. The old VO announcers are back, the original headshot kill icon is back, medals can be disabled and more.

"Raven has added an option to disable the in-game HUD icon display for medals. #MWRemastered"

- Amos Hodge, Lead Designer at Raven Software

I assume that these things?

4.jpg

Its been a while since I played MW, I dont exactly know what hes talking about.

"Raven has added an option to disable the in-game HUD icon display for medals. #MWRemastered"

- Amos Hodge, Lead Designer at Raven Software

I assume that these things?

Its been a while since I played MW, I dont exactly know what hes talking about.
Yeah, it's those icons on the top that you earn through certain kills. They weren't in MW1.

Chris1

"They already said in an interview that if they could, it would be a modern/boots on the ground Warfare. "

Like they'd have a say, lol. They'd be doing what Activision tells them to do.

But I do agree, would be nice to see them do their own CoD. Wouldn't mind them taking over for IW to be honest.

Moozo

Raven should be given the chance do develop a new Call of Duty on there own. They already said in an interview that if they could, it would be a modern/boots on the ground Warfare.

Raven has been constantly listening to fans regarding this remaster. The old VO announcers are back, the original headshot kill icon is back, medals can be disabled and more.

If they have aspirations of that then hopefully they're learning people want a more barebones experience again.

ar4757

Man, Raven has suddenly become one of my favorite developers based on how much they've listened. Seems like Activision trusts them, and knows Cod4 fans don't want them to screw it up

Medals can be disabled in Modern Warfare Remastered!
No clue if medals earn any xp in this, and if disabled if any XP gained is lost.

Also said they were tuning weapon sounds for certain guns to be closer to the originals(Desert Eagle, Barrett, etc)

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to see Raven do a COD game and use it to make a spiritual sequel to Soldier Of Fortune 1/2. Allow a person to dream anyway :p

I really want MW2 Remastered, but I also want a new Raven cod game. I wonder if they'd be up for Modern Warfare 4? Would the fans be up for it?

I feel enough time has passed for a sequel. I don't know what more they can do with it, but I'd definitely be intrigued.
Also, it doesn't have to be a trilogy.

HiiiLife

So toned down medals, trying to replicate the old gun sounds, the VO will be changed...what other shit will people complain about now? I'm very happy with ravens treatment of this remaster.

Now release it standalone lol.

Yess!!
Let me disable medals and any annoying point garbage.

It's such a stupid trend. I know how much points a kill is thank you.

Top Bottom