• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II | Review Thread

clarky

Gold Member
Yup, COD seems to be in a decline trajectory. I mean no one stays on top forever. From crazy MP competiton to veteran devs leaving activision in droves starting their own studios, you could see this coming from far away.

Now the only question is how hard of a fall COD will have. Remains to be seen.
LOL wut? This will sell gang busters, likely the biggest cod ever.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
What I got out of finishing the campaign is that Modern Warfare III has a ton of potential. Sad that I got more excited about the last bit than most of the plot in MW2. There are some entertaining missions in MW2, but it feels like a giant stretch to get to MW3.

I’ve heard the campaign’s good. Graphically there’s parts that look unbelievably close to real life.
This is true in my opinion....some scenes look and feel like I'm watching war footage from real life, especially in the night vision missions, it also helped that I was high as kite while playing, and again even the graphics quality is inconsistent....it just feels as if they had less time to work on specific missions....

When do full reviews drop? Or reviews of multiplayer....
Hadn't bought a COD game in a while. Wondering if this one will be worth it.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
What did you not find as fun about it? Is the maps not as good?

At the least from the beta, there are a few maps which I didn't find as fun in terms of balacing. Lots of corners from multiple directions, alot of places to hide and avoid being target, etc. The one in the market from instance, I think theres a place with a few cars, perhaps a bus too, that is the place for hardpoint. Since the cars models are complex, its hard to get a good strike with a hand granade. The center of the market also gives acess to alot of places, so isn't exactly easy to get the point, since its so easy to just spam grenades there.
Also, felt like basically 100% of people uses autoaim, so its difficult to tell whos the cheater and whos not. Last time I played the guy simply did a 360 move while I was shoting him from behind, something almost unhuman. Dunno its theres a backturn button though.
The one where you enter a business building is fun though.

Last edited:

rolandss

Yeah it's really strange, reading all the comments on youtube IGN video for example people are saying IGN is crazy and the campaign is great... seems to be polarizing between critics and users? I'm halfway through but hope to finish it out today, so far there have been some frustrating things but overall i dig it. It's dumb fun popcorn type stuff. I didn't buy this thinking it would be anything different. As long as the multiplayer is as good or better than the beta i'll be happy.
Reviews are something I used to read religiously but now I just glance at overall scores out of interest. It’s hard to impress a game reviewer who plays every major release and spends their life playing one game after another in quick succession nitpicking flaws. I play maybe 2-3 games a year now at best. If this is anything like MW2019 I’ll love it.

Mossybrew

Hope these reviews update to include multiplayer, the campaign was mediocre and annoying at times but the mp is just good solid fun.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Yup, COD seems to be in a decline trajectory. I mean no one stays on top forever. From crazy MP competiton to veteran devs leaving activision in droves starting their own studios, you could see this coming from far away.

Now the only question is how hard of a fall COD will have. Remains to be seen.
When will we see an incline in trajectory of quality opinions from warriors?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Any of you guys still playing this? I see that's on sale on Steam for $60 instead of the usual $70 but it has a lot of mixed reviews about crashing and banned accounts. Has this happened to you guys or is the game fine? I played the free play weekend a little while a ago and didn't have any issues...

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Any of you guys still playing this? I see that's on sale on Steam for $60 instead of the usual $70 but it has a lot of mixed reviews about crashing and banned accounts. Has this happened to you guys or is the game fine? I played the free play weekend a little while a ago and didn't have any issues...
The game is a bugfest and crashes alot. One time i had 5 crashes in 1h, and the game kicks me out whenever im destroying the lobby. There are also lots of bugs and slowdowns in the menu.

Top Bottom