• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky subreddit shut down, community erupts,

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-05-no-mans-sky-subreddit-shut-down

So apparently one of the moderators got upset that the majority of the talk on the No Man's Sky subreddit had become too negative about the game and tried to delete the entire subreddit.

"So I purged the subreddit. It's become a hate filled wastehole of no actual discussion. It's not what we intended it to be and I don't like providing a platform for hate. I'm sorry to everyone who used the subreddit as intended but you are now in the majority. I'm sure you can find a different place to discuss this game. It's not hard.
This was my decision and mine alone. The other moderators tried to sway my opinion but cynicism got the best of me as usual."

Fireworks predictably ensued.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Well now two Redditors won't even be able to find each other on the same subreddit.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Hardly surprising.

I've never seen a game get so much negative reactions. It's amazing.

rhandino

Banned
The meltdown that keeps delivering.

Well now two Redditors won't even be able to find each other on the same subreddit.
J6fmvZc.gif

I bought this game full price on the Humble Store.. wish I bought it on Steam instead so I could have gotten a refund. Only played for 3 hours.

Pretty sure this is the second time this has happened. A little after/before launch, I couldn't find the group I was a part of. This is just bad though, hate seeing all the toxic people that feel the need to constantly throw their opinion about, just to degrade something.

I could care less what anyone says, I was never misled, or misinformed about the game. Haven't beat it yet, but I do thoroughly enjoy the hell out of it. I've spent more on games I've liked less.

red731

But it is alive again. This is like one day old.

And don't spread fud but go to the subreddit and see that mods sat down on this on Discord and shit.

Let the loop repeat either way, I guess.

BiggNife

That seems like a really childish thing to do. The dude should have just relinquished his mod rights and handed it off to someone else.

btags

Maybe I am in some sort of minority, but I don't see the problem with this. If the subreddit was officially run by hello games or something I could see some outrage, but if it was moderated by individuals that were not officially associated with the game and they were not pleased with the content being discussed, why continue to support it? They have no obligation to.

If I am wrong and this was somehow associated with Hello Games then someone please correct me.

Also, I have not played No Man's Sky but think it looks like rubbish based on plenty of video that I have seen, in case anyone thinks I have a positive opinion of the game that is clouding my judgement.

Top Bottom