• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUMMER LESSON |OT| Only seven days to max out your social links

miku

Sa9kkhv.png

Publisher: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
Developer: TEKKEN Project
Producer: Katsuhiro Harada
Platform: PlayStation 4 (PlayStation VR only)
Release Date: October 13, 2016 (JP)
Genre: VR Character Communication
Rating: CERO B

R2ZiEKT.png

- The first wave of Summer Lesson is titled「Summer Lesson: Miyamoto Hikari Seven Days Room」(Basic Game Pack)
- Cost 2,980 yen + tax (Download only)
- New situations like Hikari-chan feeding you, going outside with Hikari-chan, Hikari-chan in maid outfit, watching fireworks together, etc will be release later
- Link to PlayStation Store Japan to pre-order/order
- Purchase before October 31 to receive「Sakura Red」and「Off White」costumes for Hikari-chan

~GAME DETAILS~

heN56W4.jpg

The Player
As her tutor, the player is responsible for Hikari Miyamoto, a student who receives poor grades. In preparation for a test at the end of summer vacation, you’ll spend the last week of summer visiting her house…

XZgzafS.jpg

Hikari Miyamoto
Hikari Miyamoto is a bright and energetic girl who doesn’t think about things too in-depth. But now she’s in a bit of a pinch! She is a lovable girl who works hard with her friends when it comes to club activities, but seems to be a regular in the tutoring of various subjects at school. Her parents, irritated, call a tutor and tell their daughter, “If your grades on the end of summer vacation test aren’t good, you’re putting a stop to your club activities!!” Can you help raise Hikari’s grades high enough so that she passes the test?

Seven Days
For a period of seven days, players will visit Hikari and do lessons. If the outcome of your lessons bear fruit, the results of Hikari’s end of summer test will change. That means, depending on the amount that Hikari grows in ability over that seven day period, the ending of the game will change.

A Common Day
Each day, the player (tutor) starts out sitting at the cafe. Rather than a workplace, the player (tutor) is a regular at a cafe that doesn’t get many visitors.

Morning
Prepare for your lessons while thinking about the abilities you want to improve as you head towards the end of the week. You should consider your course of choice since the abilities that improve change based on what you select. As her tutor, the player’s goal is bring out five abilities from Hikari: “willpower,” “inspiration,” “insight,” “inner happiness,” and “quick thinking.” At first, there will only be three courses available (“reading comprehension,” “logical thinking,” and “memorization”), but more will unlock as you continue to play. Use your best judgment as a tutor to select which one you’ll do for the day!

10:00 - Lesson Begins
At 10:00, your lesson with Hikari will begin. The contents of the lesson varies depending on the course you chose when you were preparing at the cafe. During the lesson, the player can choose how they plan to observe Hikari’s studies. You can observe her in quiet, cheer her on, or do some quick drills. If you can guide her in a way that matches the chosen course, she may be able to bring out greater ability. Be sure to observe Hikari in her various states of study for each course. If you choose the “memorization” course during lesson preparation, Hikari will put her efforts in studying flash cards.

15:00 - Break Time
After five hours of study, Hikari will need a break. During this time, you can watch Hikari as she passes the time, as well as bring up topics to talk about. Perhaps some sort of lucky event will also occur and you’ll be able to enjoy an even greater virtual reality character experience. Hikari may pass the time on her smartphone. Maybe you can bring your face closer to Hikari’s and peek at the screen? You can also look at the lesson results summary, which is displayed as the tutor’s log rather than as a 2D screen. Lesson results vary depending on how well the chosen course and method of guidance go together. If you choose to talk to Hikari, you can pick from subjects such as her friends, the lesson, and her activities.

17:00 - Check Your Lesson Results
When the lesson comes to an end, you’ll leave Hikari for the day and return to the cafe to check how much she’s grown for the day. The same basic flow repeats the next day. The extent that Hikari grows depends on you, the tutor!

All game details translation by Gematsu, thanks!

q5Yvkc8.png

T1ldqUB.png

VapidGracefulGiraffe.gif

TeemingIdealBlobfish.gif

RigidFlatHorsechestnutleafminer.gif

UntidyReliableHarpyeagle.gif

Thanks raven for the above gifs!

And I made some more because why not?

vCbtfdV.gif

BdHkFAY.gif

ErKS7iv.gif

ZdFiJ9d.gif

Yy6RynT.png

Still waiting...

qJv0PEC.png

Coming Soon #1

Coming Soon #2

Coming Soon #3

Coming Soon #4

j01NqbP.png

Where's the blonde girl (Allison)?
- Ask Harada
KE8wxXm.jpg

Any additional characters?
- Ask Harada
KE8wxXm.jpg

Chances of getting Western localization?
- "If there is a particular region with enthusiastic fans who say we ‘want Summer Lesson’ that does make it more possible." - Harada

So what's this game about?
- Read the OP please :3

I don't understand...?
- Read it again and then buy the game HERE

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Straight up, why is everyone super hyped for this game? Cos it's something to wank over or is there something more nuanced that I'm missing?

salromano

Straight up, why is everyone super hyped for this game? Cos it's something to wank over or is there something more nuanced that I'm missing?

Uhhhm, maybe because education is important and helping someone, even an AI character, achieve a good education is fulfilling?

Like how don't you know

Edit: thanks for using my infos, OP ;D

Gemeanie

Mentioned this in PSVR OT thread but Namco Bandai Asia has confirmed Chinese and Korea release in Spring 2017.

No mention of English version but that could simply mean English version comes later or it'll be handled by NB US if it gets a worldwide English release

Anyway downloading. The headset needs to come faster

Outrun

The logo for Summer Lesson looks like that girl is going to fall off that chair.

Sorry, I am a licensed teacher and that is unsafe.

Occam

No idea either, seems like watered-down population growth control software. Quite counterproductive for modern Japan.

Mentioned this in PSVR OT thread but Namco Bandai Asia has confirmed Chinese and Korea release in Spring 2017.

No mention of English version but that could simply mean English version comes later or it's handled by NB US

Your only hope is if the Chinese version has English subtitles in it. This will never see the light of day in NA.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
No idea either, seems like population growth control software. Quite counterproductive for modern Japan.

Waifus are popular. Now there's a straightforward way to actually interact with waifu.

Uhhhm, maybe because education is important and helping someone, even an AI character, achieve a good education is fulfilling?

Like how don't you know

This is how civilization ends

This right here is the beginning of the end

That's pretty exciting

immersive human interaction

I assumed it's because it's something to wank over, yeah.

tJJyuFH.gif

jk have fun everyone

What hoops do i need to jump through as a UK PSN user to get Summer Lesson and download on my PS4 here in the UK? Any guides?

Assuming i manage that, is there any way i can understand what is going on here with fan translations? or will it just be trial and error?

What hoops do i need to jump through as a UK PSN user to get Summer Lesson and download on my PS4 here in the UK? Any guides?

Assuming i manage that, is there any way i can understand what is going on here with fan translations? or will it just be trial and error?

Make a Japanese account, buy yen cards from somewhere like Play Asia. Google making a JP account but it's super easy, you just need a separate email for it.

Your only hope is if the Chinese version has English subtitles in it. This will never see the light of day in NA.
There really is no reason why it won't

Virtual human interaction will definitely be something that VR is used for sooner or later. Better get people used to it now

Stuff like this is a million times more interesting than sitting in a virtual car or something

Cornbread78

Perhaps some sort of lucky event will also occur and you’ll be able to enjoy an even greater virtual reality character experience.

How did I miss this in the OP?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gold! I was right, this man is a genius.

just follow your heart, do you want her to go to University of Tokyo? you will know what to do

sensui-tomo

You know, after that digimon world thread it seems that it should have english anyway lol
"Habu: “What I heard about why the English text is in there was not because we wanted to release it in English territories. We don’t translate from Japanese to Chinese—we go from Japanese to English, then to Chinese, so I’m guessing that’s why that was left in there. I’m only guessing, but that’s a possibility. I’m not sure if I can say that, but that’s what I think. I’m really not aware of how that happened.”"

Yu Narukami

There really is no reason why it won't

Virtual human interaction will definitely be something that VR is used for sooner or later. Better get people used to it now

Stuff like this is a million times more interesting than sitting in a virtual car or something
Have you tried sitting in a virtual car on weed?

The potential of this makes me realise that my interest in PSVR would go from 0 to 60 if more Japanese devs were making quality experiences for it.

Honest question: Even though people seem to think it is, I never saw this as "wank material"

So how suggestive/lewd does it even get? I haven't seen anything

The potential of this makes me realise that my interest in PSVR would go from 0 to 60 if more Japanese devs were making quality experiences for it.
Pretty much. VR would be much more interesting if we had some Japanese minds making weird shit for it

Top Bottom