• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: New Colossus all but confirmed by Blazkowicz actor

Which celestial body are you most hyped to fight Nazis on in Wolfenstein: TNC?

Results are only viewable after voting.

MauroNL

https://www.finder.com.au/b-j-blazkowicz-actor-all-but-confirms-wolfenstein-new-colossus
http://twoleftsticks.com/call-duty-infinite-warfare-interview-brian-bloom/

In 2014 Brian portrayed B.J. Blackowicz in Wolfenstein: The New Order. With B.J.’s fate unknown at the end of The New Order, Brian said this of future Wolfenstein games, “I’ll be safe with this answer. If you look at Bethesda’s E3 2016 lineup there was a title hinted at in a cool way. It sparked a bit of wildfire. That subtle, very simple DOS language, going through the titles. Perhaps we’re working on that as we speak.”

bethesda-e3-2016-dos-intro_960.0.jpg

The potential of a new Wolfenstein game is exciting, but questions are still abound as to what’s next for B.J. On the topic of what he would like to explore next as B.J. Brian said,”Whoever B.J. Blaskowicz was, in the content we have so far, he’s the articulation of a promise not kept; a country that surrendered while he was in a coma. He’s fighting a war on his own with a very small group of people, completely outgunned and out-manned. A world taken over by scourge of racism, nazism, and fascism.”

“Anya and their relationship in many ways is B.J. attempting to give redemption to the dream lost. Those ideals that he has that might be idealistic – marriage, children, living in a free world. It’s all part of who he is. Putting my own feelings aside, and giving the audience all room to have their own feelings about this. I think we can agree that his core convictions are related to that kind of loyalty.”
We knew it was coming but it's nice to hear Blazko's voice remains the same. Can't wait for the reveal!

Cardon

Oh hey it's my interview. That's cool. So yeah, I think people are going to be happy about this and other stuff in the coming months.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Really nice to see how invested the voice actor seems to be in BJ. Given how fantastic his performance ended up being in the final game, I'm certainly not surprised.

The quality of the writing and the performance work in general in The New Order was the most pleasant of surprises.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

FUCKING YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Really nice to see how invested the voice actor seems to be in BJ. Given how fantastic his performance ended up being in the game, I'm certainly not surprised.

Brian Bloom is so awesome. He treats all of his projects very personally and it definitely shows. Can't wait to see what he's doing for Infinite Warfare

BBboy20

“Anya and their relationship in many ways is B.J. attempting to give redemption to the dream lost. Those ideals that he has that might be idealistic – marriage, children, living in a free world. It’s all part of who he is. Putting my own feelings aside, and giving the audience all room to have their own feelings about this. I think we can agree that his core convictions are related to that kind of loyalty.”
This franchise has no reason to go this far yet we are better off for it.

CrayToes

Brian absolutely nailed it with TNO & TOB. My favourite "new" character this gen. I am frothing at the mouth at the idea of a new Wolfenstein from Machine Games on DOOM's engine.

boinx

Would have preferred these guys to make a new Quake in the style of the first one of that series but oh well, more wolfy is always welcome too.

I'm honestly more excited to know what comes next for BJ and Anya than the game itself, even though I'll play it to death just like the first. The writing and voice acting in TNO was a blessing.

Will always be impressed by the developers in making this nothing character easily one of the more comeplling soldier man. Welcome a sequel but hope its something the team wants and not something the publisher made them do.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I'm honestly, hoping they'll turn the New Order series into a trilogy, with the second game featuring the resistance movement continuing to fight back against the Nazi regime in lots of unconventional locations such as Japan, Australia and Russia. Then the third and final game could take place entirely within Nazi occupied America, with BJ finally returning home, maybe even ending the franchise with him cutting the head off the snake by killing Adolf Hitler.

No doubt in my mind the developers have probably settled upon an even more interesting vision in regards to where they want to take the franchise, though!

Angelina

Banned
Well anya's actor said this last year so we knew its coming and should be next year

I'm working on a video game, first part of which I have already made. Now we're making a second one, which will take two more years.

"I played this game as a child. I was very happy when I got to the point where I could shoot Hitler."

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Wonder if we'll get a bit more of Hitler in this game. They hint and tease at him several times in the first but I remember Machine Games basically stating if they introduced Hitler in the first game, the entire story will start to revolve around him so they wanted to keep him out of it.

matmanx1

Oooh, fantastic news if true. Wolfenstein: TNO was unexpectedly fantastic and reading this makes me want to go back and play it again.

I had a blast on the PS4 so maybe this time I should grab a PC copy and relive the experience. It's definitely worth a couple of completions.

Nice. TNO has the potential for greatness but got bogged down by too many slow and tedious narrative sections. Old Blood I couldn't even get through, it had some terrible pacing issues.e.g., another sneak through the prison level? Great idea!!!! /s

I'd love to see New Colossus fix all this and make a game that is as great as the say 50% of TNO that was great.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Awesome. Now just make the guns a little more punchy (sound design especially), and have fewer unskippable "playable" cutscenes, and we'll be set.

And show us some id Tech 6 gudniss of course.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
"The monster never dies no matter how many times you kill it. Just sheds its skin and changes form. I feel the weight of the world pushing me down. I try to carry it nonetheless. One last time. Then I can rest."

Can't fucking wait.

Top Bottom