• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzcon 2016 - THE YEAR OF THE DEVIL? WE SHALL SEE!

Which Blizzcon announcement are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ChrHZOe.png

Want to re-experience the fun of the other Blizzcon threads?
Blizzcon 2011 NERDS, ASSEMBLE!
Blizzcon 2013 RETURN OF THE NERD ASSEMBLY!
Blizzcon 2014 - Powered by METALLICA
Blizzcon 2015 - WE ARE BACK HOME, NERDS!

BlizzCon® Overview
BlizzCon is an epic celebration of Blizzard Entertainment's game universes and the communities that bring them to life. This year marks the 10th BlizzCon and Blizzard’s 25th anniversary—we’d love for you to join us in celebrating these milestones together on Friday, November 4 and Saturday, November 5, 2016.

vXjuYVR.png

SCHEDULE FOR FRIDAY, CLICK HERE!
SCHEDULE FOR SATURDAY, CLICK HERE!

-

SO WHAT ANNOUNCEMENTS DO WE EXPECT?

Diablo
sM7tE46.jpg

Diablo is expected to be the headline announcement at Blizzconn 2016, which makes sense: 2016 marks 20 years since the first Diablo game came out.

Most of the speculation points to the release of Diablo 4, which would be arriving four years after Diablo 3. There’s plenty of evidence that suggests this could be the case, including a mysteriously misprinted four-sided Diablo die included in the Blizzcon 2016 Goody Bag that spells out 1-1-4 when rolled in a certain way – that’s the day Blizzcon starts. - trustedreviews

Overwatch
DkpHLvi.jpg

All eyes are on BlizzCon to at last pay off the months-long ARG teasing the reveal of new Overwatch hacker character Sombra. Considering art of the character just leaked, it's all but confirmed that Sombra will debut soon, and makes a lot of sense for her reveal to happen at Blizzard's big show.

The reveal of this new hero has been so hyped -- and her backstory extensively explored in the ARG experience -- that it would be a huge disappointment if she didn't get revealed as new Overwatch content. Considering the game is coming off its Halloween Terror event and we aren't expecting there to be any new expansion or sequel announcements, this might be the biggest news to be revealed for Overwatch players... or maybe Blizzard will have an even bigger surprise up their sleeves. - IGN

Hearthstone
vAWr83Q.jpg

Blizzard has been heavily teasing a new Hearthstone expansion, and chances are it will be focused on WoW's neutral goblin trading post Gadgetzan. Chances are more details on that expansion -- and more likely a full-blown announcement -- will happen during BlizzCon 2016's keynote.

BlizzCon also would be a great opportunity for Blizzard to explain what the heck was going on with that Hearthstone tweet after the announcement of Nintendo Switch. Was it just a joke, or are we really going to get Hearthstone on the new console?! We need to know! We're also hoping we get some more details and updates on future changes to the game, like whether we're going to get better Priest cards, more Rogue weapons (it's been too long!) and, of course, the implementation of Tournament and Co-op modes at long last. - IGN

Heroes of the Storm
Coming off the new mode Machines of War and recent addition of Overwatch's Zarya to Heroes of the Storm's roster, chances are the game's BlizzCon presentation will largely focus on teasing what's next for fans to be excited for. With Diablo and Starcraft maps out of the way, we can't help wonder if -- and hope for -- some of Overwatch's iconic maps or playable modes to find their way into the Nexus. - IGN

Warcraft
Probably jack-shit. WoW-players might be lucky if there's going to be some future patch announcements. Other than that, everyone is still hoping for the Warcraft III HD/Remake-stuff. - pissed off gamer

Oh, and Legacy servers... lol

Starcraft

PGyP8ky.png

7OjBosA.jpg

Will Metallica show up this year as well?
BlizzCon - Kristian Nairn DJ at BlizzCon Anniversary Party
old the door—there’s more! We’re pleased to announce that special guest Kristian Nairn—DJ, electronic music producer, and actor—will be in the DJ booth getting the good vibes going for all the party people. Be sure to show us your best Warcraft /dance moves . . . but please don’t break a leg!
668c1be.jpg

25 years ago, a small group of gamers set out to create the kinds of game experiences they loved playing—and Blizzard Entertainment was born. Since then, the team at Blizzard has transported millions of people around the world to fantastic worlds of fantasy and science fiction—including Diablo’s Sanctuary, which first invited players to descend into the terrifying labyrinth beneath the Tristram Cathedral 20 years ago in 1996!

Please join us in celebrating these anniversaries on Friday, November 4 from 8 p.m. until 10 p.m. in the Grand Plaza outside the Anaheim Convention Center during BlizzCon 2016. This event is open to everyone, whether you’re attending the convention or just happen to be in the neighborhood, and admission is free. We’ll also have some great food, special anniversary-themed drinks, entertainment—and even a surprise or two.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I apologize in advance for making an even sloppier and dirtier |OT| than last years thread. I know that some people really look forward to these threads every year, so here's hoping this is at least good enough to get some hype in :).

Lernaean

Banned
I'll take anything Diablo, i'd go crazy for a new expansion with a new act and hero, but i'd prefer Diablo 4 the most. Leave the past behind and start from scratch.

BY2K

Membero Americo
In for Diablo 4 and/or Diablo 2 Remaster and/or Diablo 3 Expansion and/or Diablo 1 Remake.

Also, Sombra.

Shahadan

Ready for Legion 7.2 Troll Raid.

Also if they don't show new maps and/or new modes for Overwatch I'll be disappointed. I don't really give a shit about Sombra.

Nere

Really hope that Necromancer image is from an expansion for D3 rather from D4 for the sole reason that I cba waiting at least 3 years for a release of D4. An expansion will get released much faster.

I'm hyped for anything Diablo related so I bought in for the Virtual Ticket for the second time. I know I can just watch the opening ceremony without it, but I'm getting all set for the weekend with that as part of it. I'm taking a half day tomorrow at work so I can get my grub on and watch the show.

fwpx

Here's what I'm thinking for Diablo:

D3 Expansion - Yeah. Probably.
D4 - Unlikely
D2 Remaster - Probably not.

I'll take any of the 3, though.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
That Diablo artwork seems to indicate a expansion for Diablo 3 with necromancer class.
I'll take that.

LiK

D4 - Unlikely

There were rumors that SC1 and D2 Remasters were in the works so it might happen.

R aka Bon

Wish OP would use the new Sombra art, but the OT looks very good regardless.

Also extremely hyped on what news they have to show for OW :D

fwpx

There were rumors that SC1 and D2 Remasters were in the works so it might happen.

Nothing really substantial came out of those rumors though, except for a few vague job openings. I don't know...seems early...

I hope I'm wrong, though!

D4 - Unlikely

Me too, but being realistic I know none of them, is going to happen.

The only diablo related thing will be diablo skins for OW/HotS

Santar

Hopefully that Necromancer leaked art means another expansion for D3.
I'd much rather have content soon than in four/five years (Which is probably when D4 would arrive if we're lucky). I've long since stopped caring about announcements of games that are ways off.

fwpx

Me too, but being realistic I know none of them, is going to happen.

The only diablo related thing will be diablo skins for OW/HotS

That would be the saddest and also most hilarious thing possible. (And par the course. I want more loot!)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
You know blizzard, how about giving us a discount. Overwatch for 29,99€ on PSN..make it happen!

mid83

Any rumors for new games or expansions this year? I haven't really kept up with gaming news for a while.

I just got my PC back up and running and I was looking to dig back into D3. Love to see a D3 expansion or D4 announcement.

strafer

saddest part is no fucking Chris Metzen hyping us about the new expansion...so terrible.

I wonder what lame ass dude they will get now

I went from never caring about any Blizzard stuff a couple years ago to buying a digital pass, the box, and a bunch of stuff from the store this year. Scary how fast things can change.

Really excited for tomorrow.

Yoshichan

saddest part is no fucking Chris Metzen hyping us about the new expansion...so terrible.

I wonder what lame ass dude they will get now
Yep. The biggest of all bummers.

I want more then just Sombra at Blizzcon. I think the post content support for Overwatch has been severely lacking 1 hero and 1 map in 5 months.

Fingers crossed for that Diablo news to be good.

I got a virtual ticket quite sometime ago, but the goody bag is pretty meh.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
In terms of leaked announcements, Varian Wrynn will 99% be one of the heroes announced for Heroes of the Storm.

Top Bottom