• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dualshock 4 (New Version/CUH-ZCT2) ~$31 on Amazon (US)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
DEAL OVER

Grab your new Steam controller from Amazon Warehouse Deals. They've been available for a few days now and are confirmed to be new/sealed. Apparently a retailer bought way too many and dumped them off to amazon, and they're liquidating them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWVX2RG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

61D-fezE1ZL._SL1086_.jpg

Grab the one with this description (seller: Amazon Warehouse Deals)
Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Factory Sealed.

They're not used.
OUizmKf.png

Amazon WH is technically re-selling it, but they're brand new.

Croc

Banned
What exactly is different about these new controllers again, aside from the transparent strip in the touch pad?

Orayn

I have heard some people saying that the newest rev of the DS4 (PS4 Slim/Pro/this) has somewhat better overall build quality.

Does less input lag also apply when using it on PC through DS4Windows?

Well sure if it's connected by USB. The problem with the original DS4 is that it only communicated via bluetooth.

Edit:

I should clarify that the original DS4 could always communicate by USB on the PC.

Jeffrey

have the DS4 versions over the years ever address the common issue of it having like 1/3 of the battery life compare to basically every controller in history?

alr1ght

I just picked up a red DS4 this weekend at BB, any chance of a price match after the fact?

Highly doubt it, since these are technically "like new"

You could order one and return the sealed one to BestBuy, assuming you still have your receipt.

xaosslug

yeah, traded in my 2 older ones for $35 at Amazon and cop'd a couple of these. $15ea. for 2 new DS4's is cool beans :D

have the DS4 versions over the years ever address the common issue of it having like 1/3 of the battery life compare to basically every controller in history?

Unless you're gaming for more than 7-8 hours at a time (wirelessly), the battery is honestly a non-issue, despite how often people complain about it. Reduce the brightness on the controller's light bar to low, and set your DS4 to turn off automatically after 10 minutes of idle time. When you're not using the PS4, it'll charge the controller while on standby.

_Isaac

No, he means how the DS4 has steam controller compatibility now after an update on steam.

This is a great deal, thanks OP

Oh that's right.

Hm. It looks like they're normally sixty dollars. That's a pretty good deal. I already have two of the original versions, but one of them is really getting the peeled sticks. I am just not sure if it's worth it.

Neoxon

I have $14 on my debit card & a $50 card. Will this sale be up tomorrow, 'cause I still need to get Rogue One tickets.

Lemstar

I have $14 on my debit card & a $50 card. Will this sale be up tomorrow, 'cause I still need to get Rogue One tickets.
It's not a sale, it's a low price on a quantity limited item. There were ~900 in stock less than an hour ago and it's below 600 now, so it seems unlikely.

alr1ght

Doubt it. There's about 580 left. They supposedly got 5000 in and that was 3 days ago.

Maddanth

No, he means how the DS4 has steam controller compatibility now after an update on steam.

This is a great deal, thanks OP
Sorry I realize this is not the right thread but, I'm having trouble figuring out how to use via steam without using "inputmapper" I'm sort of new to PC gaming, is there some kind of trick or something I'm not doing? Cuz when I use it via steam in big picture mode it's still not recognized with all the games. But when I use it and have input mapper in background I'm good to go. What am I not doing rite? Any help is very much appreciated.
I'm using my ds4 through usb wirelessly with that USB adapter that Sony released allowing to connect to PCs in order to play PS now on PC etc....

alr1ght

Sorry I realize this is not the right thread but, I'm having trouble figuring out how to use via steam without using "inputmapper" I'm sort of new to PC gaming, is there some kind of trick or something I'm not doing? Cuz when I use it via steam in big picture mode it's still not recognized with all the games. But when I use it and have input mapper in background I'm good to go. What am I not doing rite? Any help is very much appreciated.

Update steam to the beta client and it will just work
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1293302

Steam>Settings>Account>Beta Participation>Change

Neoxon

It's not a sale, it's a low price on a quantity limited item. There were ~900 in stock less than an hour ago and it's below 600 now, so it seems unlikely.
Doubt it. There's about 580 left. They supposedly got 5000 in and that was 3 days ago.
The issue is that I'm not sure if Amazon will let me split the cash between a gift card & a regular debit card.

The issue is that I'm not sure if Amazon will let me split the cash between a gift card & a regular debit card.

The trick is to buy an amazon gc for however much you wanna split it by.

Otherwise amazon generally doesnt let you split payment.

I've done it a few times now.

JayBabay

I have 3 DS4's (4, but its the 20th anniversary I haven't opened) but when someone mentioned I can get around $22+ for a used one I figured I will bite on this deal and trade one in. I really don't want a bunch of extra controller that I'm not using so the trade in works well for me.

Yeul

Thank you! I've been meaning to get a new model since my sticks rubbed off..multiple times. I was tired of spending money to fix them.

My new Steam controller indeed, and now I'll have a second controller ready to go when I eventually get a Pro!

The price is fluctuating still; I got it a bit earlier today for just under $31. I wonder if it'll go any lower.

Lemstar

You should be able to; gift cards reduce the price when applied before your other method of payment is billed.

also, reposting for people thinking about trading in their old DS4s and replacing them:

It might say that the base value (at GameStop) is $24.50, but I think it's still the case that the displayed price when you look it up is wrong, and that the actual base value is $27.50. With PowerUp Pro (which you should have), that's $30.25, and during their frequent 50% bonus promotions, that's $44 in trade credit for a used DS4.

Subject to change, of course, but I've traded in dozens of them.

Top Bottom