• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Afrodamus Reads the Tea Leaves of Online Store Listings: XB1 All-Digital Related

Jigsaah

Gold Member
LMFAO... Afro up in here like:

tumblr_mcu1cjnbB91rrpsd7.gif

Keylime

Spoiler Tag Abuser
Afro Republican Afro Republican If you want to make a thread speculating on the pre-order sales performance of the XB1 All-Digital based on these online store listings....go for it. I haven't locked the thread.

But you can't make a thread title DECLARING XB1-AD is the #1 selling console across these retailers when even YOU yourself disclaim the hell out of your Walmart data before you present it:
Wal-Mart is extremely inconsistent and certain listings don't appear in general search, so you can't really compare to other consoles online, however when you do use general search Wal-mart is usually almost always has the Xbox beating the other two consoles. So while we can't really compare the All digital SKU to Nintendo and PS consoles that may not mean much since it's the number one best selling Xbox SKU anyway.

...and I've provided evidence that for Best Buy, it appears as though you can just as easily get their Best Selling listings to show it not at all while still being in the filter criteria.

...and it's not even true at all for Amazon, based on what YOU said:
while Amazon isn't exactly a retailer were Xbox One sells that well in the rankings, it was at #14 among Xbox One consoles on the site back then. It it still in the same place now, so it's been selling the same on a site that most were 100% sure would see it drop to the depths. Interesting.

Your Thread Title was: "Xbox One All Digital Console is still the #1 selling console at Best Buy (Still #1 Xbox Console at Wal-mart)"

...in what world is any of that factual based on what you've presented here?

Last edited:
Afro Republican Afro Republican If you want to make a thread speculating on the pre-order sales performance of the XB1 All-Digital based on these online store listings....go for it. I haven't locked the thread.

But you can't make a thread title DECLARING XB1-AD is the #1 selling console across these retailers when even YOU yourself disclaim the hell out of your Walmart data before you present it:

...and I've provided evidence that for Best Buy, it appears as though you can just as easily get their Best Selling listings to show it not at all while still being in the filter criteria.

...and it's not even true at all for Amazon, based on what YOU said:

Your Thread Title was: "Xbox One All Digital Console is still the #1 selling console at Best Buy (Still #1 Xbox Console at Wal-mart)"

...in what world is any of that factual based on what you've presented here?

Well the walmart one is fact since I said it was the number 1 XBOX CONSOLE at walmart.

Also, I do see that you have some issues with Best Buy, but you basally made the title in a very specific way, during the middle of accusations that make it look like OP was an intentionally malicious piece.

All you had to do is remove the #1 part replace it with "may" or changed the title to something like "Xbox One All Digital Console is charting well at retailers"

The timing of your current title change does nothing but validate some users posting links that have nothing to do with the OP, and making it seem like there's nothing relevant there to speculate. Now a real discussion is going to be much harder to do with the current title.

Afro is the type of poster I want having my back as I do stupid ass shit. OP has an intersting point but clearly at the end of the day the thread title should be "Xbox One all digital is the #1 non Nintendo console that will not kill you".

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
....Ya'll do realize that you pay for the disk drive they put in the console right?

TF is the last time you bought Microsoft Office and it have a fuckin' disc?
Weird that a hardware manufacturer, especially Microsoft who has exhibited this exact behavior, will want to stay in current trends and cut down on production costs
Maybe by throwing out a cheap test product to see the interest in that demographic
Wild to think of, right?
Clarification: People saying this wasn't going to do well aren't paying attention to other consumer electronic markets IMO. It makes total sense for a company who has previously moved other products they have to an all digital medium and the current infrastructure they're currently investing in, to do that with their current and future products. Also, if they don't have to include a CD drive, they don't have to pay for it, and neither do you; they can invest their development into other meaningful features. Just kind of confused why anyone would be surprised it wouldn't get a good amount of initial purchases.

Keep it up Afpoll, you giving all of us office folk a grand day.
"THESE MODS NEED TO TALK TO ME ABOUT THIS FREE SERVICE THEY PROVIDE BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE WHAT THEY DID,"
me as a former mod/GM in other communities
>oh rly, we wont trouble you anymore, here, have a ban to help with that
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
....Ya'll do realize that you pay for the disk drive they put in the console right?

TF is the last time you bought Microsoft Office and it have a fuckin' disc?
Weird that a hardware manufacturer, especially Microsoft who has exhibited this exact behavior, will want to stay in current trends and cut down on production costs
Maybe by throwing out a cheap test product to see the interest in that demographic
Wild to think of, right?

Keep it up Afpoll, you giving all of us office folk a grand day.
"THESE MODS NEED TO TALK TO ME ABOUT THIS FREE SERVICE THEY PROVIDE BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE WHAT THEY DID,"
me as a former mod/GM in other communities
>oh rly, we wont trouble you anymore, here, have a ban to help with that
tenor.gif

Wait...what? Anybody else have a rough time following this?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Gamepass, and backwards compatibility are the reasons the All-Digital Xbox One is selling.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
There, edited for clarity.

I've been talking compootahs all day; sometimes forget that I'm not talking with previous conversations being able to provide context lol
Thanks I follow now.

The system is still $250, and all they did was add some games. For God's sake they added Forza 3 right? That's not even an Xbox One game is it? They shoulds just made to $200, and tossed in gamepass for 2 or 3 months. Boom...it explodes.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Thanks I follow now.

The system is still $250, and all they did was add some games. For God's sake they added Forza 3 right? That's not even an Xbox One game is it? They shoulds just made to $200, and tossed in gamepass for 2 or 3 months. Boom...it explodes.
All apart of testing the waters; I wouldn't be surprised if they did it because it was cheap enough for them to produce so they're not worried on a loss on it, and will shrug and move to keeping their CD drive if it fails.

Adding in Game Pass for 2-3 months would make the overall cost $170-180; it would make more sense for them as a business to offer it at $220-250 with Game Pass IMO.

Whole "Why sell it for less if I can sell it for more and the same people will buy it?" comes to mind (As much as that is a business thought and not the IT in me)

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I dont understand the indignation from those saying one should buy the xbox s when they may have zero intention of ever putting a disc in.

That's like saying I should buy a car that has a cassette deck in it, even if I'll never use it.
Or a an wireless speaker that has a subwoofer output even though I have no intention of ever getting a subwoofer.

It makes zero sense, even if the price is the same if I have zero intention ever using media. Why would I care?
Just because you might use it doesnt mean others would.

Three

I dont understand the indignation from those saying one should buy the xbox s when they may have zero intention of ever putting a disc in.

That's like saying I should buy a car that has a cassette deck in it, even if I'll never use it.
Or a an wireless speaker that has a subwoofer output even though I have no intention of ever getting a subwoofer.

It makes zero sense, even if the price is the same if I have zero intention ever using media. Why would I care?
Just because you might use it doesnt mean others would.
Because why would you pay more to have less? You might say I will never use it but you gain absolutely nothing from it not being there. Not space, not design, literally nothing. You might aswell get the one with the drive on the off chance that a friend brings a 4k blu ray movie you want to watch or a game you want to play, you lose nothing.

Top Bottom